Sluggish Response (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
I'm having a bit of a problem on the forums lately. A lot of the time, when I try to follow a link on the forum, the page is loading for about a minute, then it just stops and leaves me with the same page that I had. I click the link again and the same thing happens. It generally takes about five minutes to follow a single link. It's very frustrating. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to be really annoying. Is this happening for other people, or is it a problem on my end?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I'm having a bit of a problem on the forums lately. A lot of the time, when I try to follow a link on the forum, the page is loading for about a minute, then it just stops and leaves me with the same page that I had. I click the link again and the same thing happens. It generally takes about five minutes to follow a single link. It's very frustrating. It doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough to be really annoying. Is this happening for other people, or is it a problem on my end?
that happens to me sometimes
also sometimes i have a screen saying that there are sone problems with the server

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Yeah, fix it Martin, ASAFP - and don't give us that old line about it being a feature, not a bug.

;) Chill guys, Martin's good for it.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    woh woh people, let's not make demands...I'm sure that Martin will get to it as soon as he can, now that it's been brought to his attention.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    What happens to me is that the pages load quite slowly sometimes but I imagined it has something to do with my connection which can be sluggish itself.

Though I've tried diagnosing the problem with the host, we never come up with anything. :undecide:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    How long till the system logs you off..sometimes I'm writing one of my nasty and insulting posts and when I hit reply the system says I was logged off..I guess it saved me from getting banned. So I should count my blessings.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I've had problems with the forum loading very very slowly or sometimes it can't load at all and i can't get in to it for a while.

I've experienced this quite often recently over this week :undecide:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    How long till the system logs you off..sometimes I'm writing one of my nasty and insulting posts and when I hit reply the system says I was logged off..I guess it saved me from getting banned. So I should count my blessings.
    Yeah...this issue had been raised before. Quite a few of us have the same problem. With me it happens like once every few days and when I'm logged out my browser would give a pop-up box to warn me.

So maybe next time you can save your "nasty and insulting posts" :D (hey you said it yourself; only kidding :cool:) before you hit the reply button. I do that sometimes.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Yeah... i save my drafts too if i'm trying to post something long. it 's becomes really fustrating if you've spent time thinking so much and typing all that and then....... hang :wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Word of advice, dudes.

If you don't want to lose your posts, and need to copy long posts into notepad etc....

just use Mozilla :thumb:

I changed over long ago, and 99% of my internet browsing woes have disappeared :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)