Sleeping habits (9 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
This weird thing has been happening to me for months: Almost every night when I go to sleep, after about 20 minutes or so of sleep, I just abruptly jump out of my sleep although I wasn't dreaming. After that it sometimes I takes me a while to go back to sleep. It's pretty sucky.

Fucking hell, same thing has been happening to me. I get these feeling that if I don't jump out of my sleep I'll die or something. It is indeed scary..

I sleep 6-7 hrs pr day anyways..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's nuts. 7 hours is a minimum for me if I need to be productive the next day.
Even if I've been out I don't normally sleep more than 8 hours, often less, although that is probably because I think energy drinks and JM/vodka is a good idea about 2am. Maybe every couple of months I'll have a period where my body says 'fuck this, you're sleeping' and I might be out cold for 10 hours, but I sleep light and feel lethargic with too much sleep.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
What I really don't get it is: If I go to sleep early, I am tired in the morning...

If I go to sleep late, I am tired in the morning. The fuck am I supposed to do?

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Fucking hell, same thing has been happening to me. I get these feeling that if I don't jump out of my sleep I'll die or something. It is indeed scary..

I get this, most often when I have either had caffeine or alcohol earlier in the day. In both cases I think it is the result of coming down from whatever high I was on.

I hate that feeling, though. Sometimes I am even wary of going back to sleep because I don't want it to happen again.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

I don't do it consciously though. Sometimes I have to wonder if I was even sleeping at all, but then I look at the clock and 20 minutes have passed.

Even if I've been out I don't normally sleep more than 8 hours, often less, although that is probably because I think energy drinks and JM/vodka is a good idea about 2am. Maybe every couple of months I'll have a period where my body says 'fuck this, you're sleeping and I might be out cold for 10 hours, but I sleep light and feel lethargic with too much sleep.
On a weekend it's okay since I don't do anything involving mental effort. And probably why I always see Juve's Sunday morning games differently from everyone else :burke:

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 17:49 ----------

What I really don't get it is: If I go to sleep early, I am tired in the morning...

Don't oversleep. 10 hours of sleep is worse than 6 for me. Of course, the numbers differ form person to person.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I'm most tired when I wake up, and I'm not fully awake until I drink some coffee/tea. Nor can I fall asleep without my goodnight jerk.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
They say 7-8 hours is this best.

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 20:52 ----------

Cowboy up!

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 20:54 ----------

I get this, most often when I have either had caffeine or alcohol earlier in the day. In both cases I think it is the result of coming down from whatever high I was on.

I hate that feeling, though. Sometimes I am even wary of going back to sleep because I don't want it to happen again.
I get that sometimes too. Though mine is linked to dreams. One time I dreamed a tree was going to fall on me so I did a roll off my futon and woke up on one knee in the middle of my bedroom holding a pillow over my head for protection. The tree was my floor lamp.

I periodically get night terrors. Them shits is the worst.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
I get that sometimes too. Though mine is linked to dreams. One time I dreamed a tree was going to fall on me so I did a roll off my futon and woke up on one knee in the middle of my bedroom holding a pillow over my head for protection. The tree was my floor lamp.

I periodically get night terrors. Them shits is the worst.
I've never had night terrors, but my boyfriend gets them occasionally. He once half woke up, saw his robe hanging on the door, and freaked out thinking it was some creature standing over the bed. Being woken up by a man screaming is not the nicest thing :)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I've never had night terrors, but my boyfriend gets them occasionally. He once half woke up, saw his robe hanging on the door, and freaked out thinking it was some creature standing over the bed. Being woken up by a man screaming is not the nicest thing :)
When I get them I wake up screaming and have no idea why. They're rare in adults. I had one once when Burke and I were camping. Freaked him the fuck out.

The physical interaction in my dreams occurs more frequently.

One thing I've come close to mastering is "dream chasing".

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That shit would be nuts. Scary as anything.

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 21:03 ----------

Recurring dreams are the worst.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
When I get them I wake up screaming and have no idea why. They're rare in adults. I had one once when Burke and I were camping. Freaked him the fuck out.

The physical interaction in my dreams occurs more frequently.

One thing I've come close to mastering is "dream chasing".
I can imagine! Is dream chasing where you can control them?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I can imagine! Is dream chasing where you can control them?
i.e. lucid dreaming?
Yeah. That's the idea. To an extent.

For an example, I had a dream the other night that was really fun and I woke up about 3am and was able to jump back in it. Woke up again around 5am and got back into it again.

---------- Post added 10.03.2012 at 21:11 ----------

drunk a bottle of red and onto the jeff buckley....its saturday night :weee: (im pretty sure this is the wrong thread :weee: )
It is. Or is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)