Simone Zaza (39 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
We have very good options in the middle and in the offensive end, definitely.

Fullbacks are reliable, but we need more than that. They are a very important part of offense in the best clubs today. You compare our fullbacks to the top 4 teams in the world and the difference is huge.

Anyway I don't see Marotta spending 15M + on a fullback.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

Fullbacks are reliable, but we need more than that. They are a very important part of offense in the best clubs today. You compare our fullbacks to the top 4 teams in the world and the difference is huge.

IMO Evra has been one of the best fullbacks in the world this season. Lichtsteiner 2013/14 was world class as well. The very best fullbacks are rated for their acceptable defensive qualities and outstanding attacking qualities. Marcelo and Alves are the best left and right, agreed?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
IMO Evra has been one of the best fullbacks in the world this season. Lichtsteiner 2013/14 was world class as well. The very best fullbacks are rated for their acceptable defensive qualities and outstanding attacking qualities. Marcelo and Alves are the best left and right, agreed?
Evra improved a lot during the season and was rock solid defensively, very good going up to attack. But his final product was still poor - lacked speed.

Licht 2013/14 was pretty good, despite his offensive limitations. 2014/15 was his worst year though.

Look at the top3: Alaba/Bernat/Marcelo/Alba. Lahm/Carvajal/Danilo/Alves.

These are the best fullbacks in the world, and they all share a characteristic: they can hold themselves on defense and offer a lot of pace and offensive quality. They are fundamental for the width these teams have, attacking with 8 players at times. IMO their importance to these teams is underrated. They offer spacing on the pitch, opening it up and improving conditions to midfielders/AMs work.

If we wanna reduce the gap to these teams, getting a LB now, since there are a few promising ones on the market, should be the first priority along with an AM.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Evra improved a lot during the season and was rock solid defensively, very good going up to attack. But his final product was still poor - lacked speed.

Licht 2013/14 was pretty good, despite his offensive limitations. 2014/15 was his worst year though.

Look at the top3: Alaba/Bernat/Marcelo/Alba. Lahm/Carvajal/Danilo/Alves.

These are the best fullbacks in the world, and they all share a characteristic: they can hold themselves on defense and offer a lot of pace and offensive quality. They are fundamental for the width these teams have, attacking with 8 players at times. IMO their importance to these teams is underrated. They offer spacing on the pitch, opening it up and improving conditions to midfielders/AMs work.

If we wanna reduce the gap to these teams, getting a LB now, since there are a few promising ones on the market, should be the first priority along with an AM.
I agree fullbacks are the difference between good and the very best teams. It also depends how the team plays. Ivanovic is a world class RB as well as he's solid as a CB defensively. The players marked with bold aren't world class IMO. Especially not Carvajal! Lichtsteiner > Carvajal..

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I agree fullbacks are the difference between good and the very best teams. It also depends how the team plays. Ivanovic is a world class RB as well as he's solid as a CB defensively. The players marked with bold aren't world class IMO. Especially not Carvajal! Lichtsteiner > Carvajal..
Ivanovic is definitely world class too. Don't know about Aziplicueta or stg like that though.

I didn't rate Alba and Carvajal much, but they are growing, becoming more reliable defensively, and offensively I like their style. They are very aggressive, have extreme pace and touch the line to offer width. Couldn't ask much more than that.

Actually I think Asamoah has the required technical and athletic characteristics for that.

What he lacks is aggression / more of an offensive mentality, since he's always been a DM/CM whose first job is to defend.

But now it's been 2 years with him as a WLB, I don't think he can develop that aggression anymore. Best thing is to get a good LB and free him up to compete for a starting spot as a CM.

I'd definitely forget the AM signing, since there's none great available, and focus on Alex Sandro for 20M.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

I do but only if we get Draxler for a price of ~25m. That's my guess only tho.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I agree that a fullback got a wider field for everyone, that's great, but last year our defense was amazing and with Asamoah, Caceres and Rugani should be at least the same this year.

Our big problem is our midfield, we just have 4 or maybe 5 midfielder that guarantee certain quality. With the system 4-3-1-2 we need two new players in the middle.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I'm not gonna roll with Badass annoying and repetitve shit "this guy is so bad meh" but i just don't like this guy.

Hope he can at least score the odd goal once in a while. But i'll be damn pissed if he steals Coman's deserved playing time.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
sarcastic ones at that too

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not gonna roll with Badass annoying and repetitve shit "this guy is so bad meh" but i just don't like this guy.

Hope he can at least score the odd goal once in a while. But i'll be damn pissed if he steals Coman's deserved playing time.
"this guy is so bad meh" :lol: that would be my idea of a compliment towards zaza right now

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Badass is doing a wonderfull thing here. By beeing so incredibly annoying, the entire forum is now rooting for Zaza to do something important, so they can shove it in your face.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Badass is doing a wonderfull thing here. By beeing so incredibly annoying, the entire forum is now rooting for Zaza to do something important, so they can shove it in your face.
Badass was mental before but after Vidal leaving he has become quite the little pest.

- - - Updated - - -

Will be the first to say after every game Zaza plays and doesn't score badass will be the first to say I told you so.
@Bianconero_Aus anything to add?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)