Simone Zaza (21 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:sigh: and again for the 3rd time in as many posts I'm not even taking a dig at allegri but hey if you only choose to be a selective reader then fine, I don't see what is so anti allegri in actually hoping that allegri finds a solution to Llorente to the player he was last season if not better - he is paid to bring the best out of the players after all

Llorente is no doubt someone who takes a while to adapt, given he has shown very little this season doesn't mean we should give up on him just yet unless the manager and board are sure that selling him is the best for all parties involved.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:sigh: and again for the 3rd time in as many posts I'm not even taking a dig at allegri but hey if you only choose to be a selective reader then fine, I don't see what is so anti allegri in actually hoping that allegri finds a solution to Llorente to the player he was last season if not better - he is paid to bring the best out of the players after all
Conte sure did bring out the best out of Elia uh?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here is the problem with that.

In order for Allegri to find this solution, he would need to have a different style of play out there to potentially bring out the best in a player that can't do it on his own. The type of system he needs now, under Allegri, also requires a different set of players around him compared to how the team is currently constructed.

It is the Diego effect all over again. Get different players better equipped to suit the needs of one particular player.

The problem is that Llorente is not worth reconstructing parts of the roster for. And this is coming from someone who lobbied long and hard for 2 years on this forum to get him to come to Juve. But he is a shell of the player that he was before he got here.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte sure did bring out the best out of Elia uh?
difference is Elia was never that good to begin with whilst his temperament and attitude didn't help him either. Llorente at least comes across as someone who is determined and shows a better attitude

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the problem with that.

In order for Allegri to find this solution, he would need to have a different style of play out there to potentially bring out the best in a player that can't do it on his own. The type of system he needs now, under Allegri, also requires a different set of players around him compared to how the team is currently constructed.

It is the Diego effect all over again. Get different players better equipped to suit the needs of one particular player.

The problem is that Llorente is not worth reconstructing parts of the roster for. And this is coming from someone who lobbied long and hard for 2 years on this forum to get him to come to Juve. But he is a shell of the player that he was before he got here.
Do you not think that by not having an orthodox trequartista that hasn't helped Llorente? Vidal and Pereyra are hardly the most creative of players whilst this has been compensated somewhat with Tevez having to drop deeper leaving Llorente isolated not helped by his immobility

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
difference is Elia was never that good to begin with whilst his temperament and attitude didn't help him either. Llorente at least comes across as someone who is determined and shows a better attitude

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not think that by not having an orthodox trequartista that hasn't helped Llorente? Vidal and Pereyra are hardly the most creative of players whilst this has been compensated somewhat with Tevez having to drop deeper leaving Llorente isolated not helped by his immobility
It's more than that. He didn't have that Trequartista last year either, but had a much better season. I think that the rest of the league has caught up to him, and he did not adjust properly. He is the type of player that needs to feed off of the good form of others in order for him to succeed. that is what I have seen this year. Morata is not that type of player. His ability to create, as well as having size comparable to Llorente, makes him much more of an all around threat.

In allegri's system, the forwards need to be able to run. they need to be able to run into space. In his years at Cagliari and at Milan, he always had strikers that were like that. Llorente is the first of his kind that Allegri has worked with, but again, we are running into a scenario where if the player is not self sufficient in certain aspects of the game, then Allegri cannot afford to go out of his way to build the system to that players liking.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I think Juventus like Zaza's grinta and that is why they like him. He is pretty good and seems like a strong squad player and he will be pretty young and cheap and can improve.

Valentino

Zaza is an average player.

- - - Updated - - -

im not even blaming allegri so don't even try and bring that $#@! up in here. I actually hope allegri finds a resolve sooner rather than later (again not a criticism before you all start jumping) because on his day I still think he is a better player than zaza
yea, he's better..
but llorente is done, 'nd zaza isn't useful , he's good for a team like ac milan or udinese.
we need real talent like berardi, dybala, rugani

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Still 15M (I know we sold his half for 7.5 or some shit) out of our supposedly limited budget is too much of a stretch for a Llorente bench replacement
yeah, but coman is not ready. and matri is not viable. so if oine of morata or tevez gets injured or loses form...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I dunno I'd take Matri on the cheap, He's better than Llorente and knows Allegri and his team mates well. I can't imagine us spending 15 on Zaza when he's basically the Italian Ricky Lambert. That's a lot of money for us.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We play 2 strikers up top.We cant rely on Matri to be a good 3rd choice striker.And he's not better than Llorente despite the Spaniard facing certain issues atm.We'd obviously need someone better than both ideally.

I'm not keen to see us spending 15m on Zaza either,but i hope we can work some deal out and try to bring the price down.

Someone suggested swapping our half of Berardi for Zaza's full-rights and that sort of deal would be pretty ideal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)