Simone Zaza (10 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Would rather sell Mandzukic ??
I'd rather not sell any striker at this point.
And it sure as hell shouldn't be a priority when you've got other deadwood like Hernanes & Pereyra.

But you could argue that Mandzukic has become surplus to requirements. And I immagine he's on (much) higher wages than Zaza, so I guess it would make sense to part ways with him.

He's the 4th striker. We are getting anywhere from 25-30 million for him. How is this a mistake? When is he going to get any playing time?

Mandzukic isn't going to get sold, and we need to try to clear up a spot for an U21 or a Home Grown player
I think it's a mistake because, for me, Zaza is a fairly good player, with a lot of room for improvement. He also provides something none of our other attackers do, which makes him very useful to have.

The 4th striker point is moot imo.
Someone's going to have to be the 4th striker & that guy won't be too happy about it. Regardless of who it is.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
And it sure as hell shouldn't be a priority when you've got other deadwood like Hernanes & Pereyra.

But you could argue that Mandzukic has become surplus to requirements. And I immagine he's on (much) higher wages than Zaza, so I guess it would make sense to part ways with him.

I think it's a mistake because, for me, Zaza is a fairly good player, with a lot of room for improvement. He also provides something none of our other attackers do, which makes him very useful to have.

Someone's going to have to be the 4th striker & that guy won't be too happy about it. Regardless of who it is.
This i agree with, i'd rather we sold Mandzukic because he's a surplus right now, Higuain is so much better and Mandzukic isn't the type of player you put to keep a lead or change a game.
Zaza at least can be a good counter attacking option in Europe.
But for 25mil i won't complain.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I don't disagree that he is a pretty good player. But if a club is offering that much for a player who won't play very much here, that is an opportunity that I think you have to take. Especially at the wages they are offering him.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This i agree with, i'd rather we sold Mandzukic because he's a surplus right now, Higuain is so much better and Mandzukic isn't the type of player you put to keep a lead or change a game.
:tup:

Zaza at least can be a good counter attacking option in Europe.
But for 25mil i won't complain.
I don't disagree that he is a pretty good player. But if a club is offering that much for a player who won't play very much here, that is an opportunity that I think you have to take. Especially at the wages they are offering him.
He's a 25 year old Italian international who's arguably among the most clinical strikers out there.

Which makes 25 million a fair amount, but not exactly a massive one. Especially not if you also factor in that we're selling him when he still has a pretty long contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)