Simone Zaza (11 Viewers)

How many Goals will Zaza score this season?

• 0-5

• 5-10

• 10-15

• 15 +

• All of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
lol 27m?
I'm actually very excited about Zaza but I'd carry him to London myself if 27m was what they really offered.
Zaza is not worth 27m. You can't refuse 27m for your 4th striker.
27m for barely a footballer? sell
For €27m it's a no-brainer
I'm sure there are people in Juventus who'll be able to do all the calculations and decide if it's an offer worth taking, but this amount isn't, or won't be as great as it sounds right now.
I'm sure you noticed that small English teams are assumed to have made the offer and I believe you know how come they're able to do this. It's the EPL TV rights starting in 2016-2017. The last placed EPL team will be getting ~140 million euro annually from TV rights. And there are 20 EPL teams. Those 7th or 8th placed teams (lets say some random team like Crystal Palace or Southampton) will be getting ~200m euro a year from TV rights. Twenty EPL teams will have no problem offering 20, 30 or 40 million euro for random players and pay them top wages. Now it's a fight for higher positions in the EPL, which will get the teams more money.
In short, 27m euro won't be the 27m eur we know right now. Every single football player will become much more expensive in the summer. So, if we sell Zaza for 27m euro, these money will be enough to buy us a Zaza. More or less, these 27m eur will be an equivalent to some 10-15m euro of yesterday, perhaps even less.
We seriously must do some buying job this winter, because it might be the last chance to get what we want, before we're left with what Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern and entire England (including some punks like Bournemouth) don't want.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm sure there are people in Juventus who'll be able to do all the calculations and decide if it's an offer worth taking, but this amount isn't, or won't be as great as it sounds right now.
I'm sure you noticed that small English teams are assumed to have made the offer and I believe you know how come they're able to do this. It's the EPL TV rights starting in 2016-2017. The last placed EPL team will be getting ~140 million euro annually from TV rights. And there are 20 EPL teams. Those 7th or 8th placed teams (lets say some random team like Crystal Palace or Southampton) will be getting ~200m euro a year from TV rights. Twenty EPL teams will have no problem offering 20, 30 or 40 million euro for random players and pay them top wages. Now it's a fight for higher positions in the EPL, which will get the teams more money. And these players will get higher wages.
In short, 27m euro won't be the 27m eur we know right now. Every single football player will become much more expensive in the summer. So, if we sell Zaza for 27m euro, these money will be enough to buy us a Zaza. More or less, these 27m eur will be an equivalent to some 10-15m euro of yesterday, perhaps even less.
We seriously must do some buying job this winter, because it might be the last chance to get what we want, before we're left with what Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern and entire England (including some punks like Bournemouth) don't want.
Good post, Alenski

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
I'm sure you noticed that small English teams are assumed to have made the offer and I believe you know how come they're able to do this. It's the EPL TV rights starting in 2016-2017. The last placed EPL team will be getting ~140 million euro annually from TV rights. And there are 20 EPL teams. Those 7th or 8th placed teams (lets say some random team like Crystal Palace or Southampton) will be getting ~200m euro a year from TV rights. Twenty EPL teams will have no problem offering 20, 30 or 40 million euro for random players and pay them top wages. Now it's a fight for higher positions in the EPL, which will get the teams more money.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:agree:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The clubs that will be most affected by this are the likes of Palermo and Udinese in Serie A, Bundesliga and Spain. Top players will continue to refuse to play for Southampton and Aston Villa but promising players who used to be indifferent between say Udinese and Aston Villa will prefer the latter since they can offer first team football just like Udine and a hefty salary on top of that. Udinese and the likes will have a more difficult job to do to snatch a promising youngster and grow him. Southern American and small european clubs will also be more interested in doing business with the EPL teams than with the italians because of the potential of a higher transfer fee. The likes of Udinese are screwed in terms of salaries and transfer fees for young promising players which are the core of their business model.

For us, 4th strikers and generally bench players will be more expensive, as well as promising youngsters that we can't give guaranteed first team football. Players that are too undeveloped to hope to break into our first team at any stage will be less interested to come here. However, players like Dybala, morata, and previously Pogba who think they can earn a first team spot at a top club like Juve, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Valencia, ATM etc...should continue to favor us. The small english clubs are still below them and a first team spot at those small EPL clubs wont become as appealing as a very possible first team spot in Juve.

So I do expect a general increase in prices of all players, after all substantially more money is coming into football and its not coming to us but the worst hit will be smaller Italian, German and Spanish teams whose real competitors are Norwich, Villa and Southampton.

Having said that, this hike is going to be a permanent thing and so it wont matter much whether you can squeeze an extra couple of million for Zaza or not. The 27 mill offer for Zaza already reflects the increase of EPL purchasing power. Zaza is good enough for a starting spot at a small EPL team and too good to be a 4th choice striker. Our 4th strikers will have to be older aging players like Matri and Quags.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Zaza at his best is not a game in, game out striker. He needs specific conditions to thrive and even then there's nothing really in his head so he can't be counted on for consistent performances, let alone something like 30 to 40 appearances.

As such, I see why he is a hot commodity in England.

I hope our management drives him to the airport for 27M but if we end up keeping him I won't mind because he's fun to watch at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)