Simone Pepe (8 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Chelsea will probably beat us comfortably regardless.
No fuccking way.
With that skill, he would have no effect on Chelsea defenders anyway.
Ivanovic has a fat ass. But he plays as RB, unless we play Pepe as LWB, I doubt so, since we have depth for that position.
I know. But I hope we go 4-3-3 against Chelsea as the 3-5-2 would make our wings too exposed to 2 vs 1 situations.

Pepe is the player we need for the 4-3-3 as I dont want to see Giac as a winger
I disagree. there will be no 2 vs 1 situations. On the left Marchisio will help Asamoah, and on the right Vidal will help Licht/Isla.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know. But I hope we go 4-3-3 against Chelsea as the 3-5-2 would make our wings too exposed to 2 vs 1 situations.
Not convinced that'd be too much of an issue against Chelsea, since their 'wingers' don't spend much time wide.

Would only be an issue if Di Matteo decided to keep them wide to try and expose Juve on the flanks.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That would be the bold, attacking thing to do.

Think Juve are better off going with 3-5-2, to start with at least.

The extra CB is necessary to cope with playing with Pirlo deep in midfield. A good player, such as Hazard, will expose Pirlo's defensive weakness, so one of the CBs needs to be there to step forward and help close down the space in that area.

Jul 20, 2012
Problem is chiellini, bonnuci, and barzagli are slow as shit. So if hazard or torres get at the defence, they will probably get a penalty. but you cant really prevent that. I feel that Juve can use the 3-5-2 but once they lose the ball on the counter attack juve might get screwed. I would prefer the 4-3-3 because of the extra defender

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve can stop them running at the defence.

They just have to keep things nice and compact to prevent the space opening up to allow the likes of Hazard to start running.

And I would argue that 3-5-2 will give the extra defender, since it'll probably look like 5-3-2 a lot of the time.

Jul 20, 2012
Juve can stop them running at the defence.

They just have to keep things nice and compact to prevent the space opening up to allow the likes of Hazard to start running.

And I would argue that 3-5-2 will give the extra defender, since it'll probably look like 5-3-2 a lot of the time.
I agree with that but it really depends who conte will play, will he play isla or lichtsteiner on the right? I would go for lichtsteiner for the defensive point

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
juve won't have to cope with chelsea.

chelsa will have to cope with juve
Possible.

I just see Juve playing pretty cautiously, what with it being their first CL game in a while and it being a fairly tough away game.

Chelsea are certainly vulnerable if you put pressure on them, though.

I agree with that but it really depends who conte will play, will he play isla or lichtsteiner on the right? I would go for lichtsteiner for the defensive point
I wouldn't expect to see Isla in a big game for a while yet.

He'll just get slowly eased into things over the next month or so, so I'd assume Lichtsteiner would be starting against Chelsea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)