Simone Pepe (9 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
anyone who has good timing, does know how not to run into offside traps and is quick enough in his movement to bring opponents defenders to follow him hasty and leaving gaps somewhere, yes !

seeing how often certain players are caught offside i think its pretty accurate to say that pepe either has a very good instinct for that or actually understands a thing or two about football (which does not need to imply that his feet are able follow what his brain wants them to do)
So, basically, it's about him having two well-functioning legs (in that he can move somewhat quickly). Since when is Pepe known for playing on and pushing the defence's line, suggesting above-average timing and awareness? If anything, he plays conservatively in his position and runs hard while chasing after balls (more so off the pitch).

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Pepe has a better physique than C.Ronaldo and, also not like the portugese, is truly two footed. While Ronaldo usually needs spaces on the wings to drible past 1 or maximum two players, Pepe can go through 4 or 5 and does so even in the middle.
Pepe = Messi + Xavi + 20 mils

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
So, basically, it's about him having two well-functioning legs (in that he can move somewhat quickly). Since when is Pepe known for playing on and pushing the defence's line, suggesting above-average timing and awareness? If anything, he plays conservatively in his position and runs hard while chasing after balls (more so off the pitch).
i am just "measuring" his tactical awareness by comparing three things pepe does different then all of his competitors (for his position) :

-does not get caught in an offside position: check
-does pop up in front of goal in unexpected situations: check
-does look like he knows where to be on the pitch at any given time/situation: check
-is already back defending, when the opponent regains the ball and tries to attack: check

while you could uncheck nearly all of those boxes for krasic there has to be some sort of "mental skill" that allows these attributes to shine and lets be honest here, we do not have a better winger than pepe. the closest to this (considering the mentioned criteria) would be estigarribia or giaccherini (if you wanna call him a winger), both do defend and attack pretty well but also don't play on the right

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I was against him and all, but from now on, I will not say a bad word about him. I hope he gets replaced by a better player in the future and becomes our sub next season, but I will not say anything bad about him. Quite crucial to our play he is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)