Simone Pepe (4 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love how folks defend Pepe by calling him a "decent squad player." It's almost like an excuse now, really. It's like saying, "well, we know he isn't that good, but he should be kept anyway just because..."

If this guy was any other player, he'd just be listed as another Marotta mistake.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Played well on Sunday.

I don't see anything wrong with people saying that he is a good squad player.

You need guys in your squad who can come in and do well and Pepe has done that a few times this season. Obviously if we sign him for a large fee then that is stupid, but if we can get him at a decent price then I don't have a problem with Pepe staying next season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He's been a disaster far more times than what he offered us on Sunday.

Just prior to Genoa he was useless against Cessena and Brescia, and then incredibly woeful against Roma.

I don't know about you guys, but a player who is average or poor in the majority of his matches doesn't make a good squad player or player in general.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
He simply isn't worth the buy-out fee. He's been poor more times than he's been good this season and he regularly makes bad decisions on the pitch (or when he makes the right decision his execution is sub-standard). Might be a lovely, hard working bloke but he simply isn't good enough and represents no value.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tacchinardi - "Di Livio was five times better than Pepe."
I disagree, but nice words from Alessio.

Di Livio was fifty times better than Pepe.

He simply isn't worth the buy-out fee. He's been poor more times than he's been good this season and he regularly makes bad decisions on the pitch (or when he makes the right decision his execution is sub-standard). Might be a lovely, hard working bloke but he simply isn't good enough and represents no value.
:tup:

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
"Angelo was the most in a leader, a player who gave his soul for the whole game and all year round. Pepe but has little continuity, play flashes. Di Livio was then taken cheaply from Serie B, but then over the years has proved a key player who made all the phases, attack and defense, a great player. "

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Ive seen Di Livio play many matches and yes he was awesome. Hard working, never say die type of player. His nickname was awesome "Il Soldatino" or the Little Soldier.

I remember he got a red card in the WC98 qualifier against England for chopping down Beckham. He was so pissed off he chased him around :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)