Simone Pepe (12 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Being fast and running around alot mean nothing if he doesn't have the brain. Very overrated by many alot because he has a high work rate that is useless since he looks like a headless chicken outhere most of the time on the pitch

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
he is very sound defensively, but lacks productivity going forward. Not very comfortable with the ball on his feet, and he tries to act like a dribbler, which he is not

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think he's okay going forward.

He works hard to open up space for other players and he is usually quite happy to keep things simple and retain possession. He's also a decent crosser.

I'd like to see him play on the same side as a good, attacking fullback, so Pepe would have less responsibility to be creative and his good defensive work would cover for the attacking fullback.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Keeps things simple, decent crosser, needs less responsibility to be creative, good defensively...

he's a fullback.

Dec 26, 2004
Pessoto, Tacchinardi, Di Livio and Birendieli were not better players in their respective positions when compared to Pepe and yet we loved them and they were rarely criticized if ever.

The only reason Pepe is more exposed to criticism is that this Juve doesn't have the Zidanes and Nedveds alongside the Pepes as pre-Calciopoli.

Dec 26, 2004
I agree. It only bothers me that he's a starter.

He's a bit expensive for a squad player though, 10m euro is a decent amount of cash.
Name me a player who can cover both wings and is welling to serve as a squad player and who cost less than 10m and I would instantly agree we should show Pepe the door as soon as his loan deal expire.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
Name me a player who can cover both wings and is welling to serve as a squad player and who cost less than 10m and I would instantly agree we should show Pepe the door as soon as his loan deal expire.
I'm not saying we should show him the door immediately man, just that his price tag is a bit high, 5 to 7 is what I would pay for him. Calm down.

We do need a better player in his position though, hopefully you agree with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)