Simone Pepe (26 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's obviously important in the dressing room.

We've seen what he can do in terms of setting tempo, but it looks like he has a lot to do before next season, he's well out of shape. He doesn't look like a natural athlete in terms of his physique, so he's going to need minutes for match fitness.

Not that he'll get much time from some forum members...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No matter what... is sad to see a player, loved by the team, in this situation.

No matter what happens to him.... lets hope he returns to action soon.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What do you expect from a limited player after 2 years of injuries? He will need a lot of time before getting back into shape and then we'll see if he ever regains whatever he had 2 years ago.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he is not too far from reaqlity. Pepep will most likely never return to juve at this rate. The mid is stocked and i dont see him getting much playing time,.

Dec 31, 2008
“It’s very difficult to regain muscle tone,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “So far I have only got 60 per cent back, but everything is going well.

“An agreement has been reached with the Coach and the club about my recovery. I’m on holiday at the moment, but with the physiotherapist in tow.
“I shall return to Turin a week before the rest of my teammates and I’ll meet with Coach Antonio Conte before leaving for pre-season with the rest of the squad.
“I hope to be back training with the team as early as July and then be fully available in August.
“The goal is to get back into action as soon as possible. And, if I play at my levels, I think that Prandelli could call me up again as he did in the past.”

“I never had any doubts about the possibility of returning to play as I know and as I have always done,” the wide attacker added.
“New signings? We have a strong team and we have shown that in the last two years,” Pepe continued. “Then if someone new arrives they will be welcomed by the squad. We have to just let the directors work in peace.

“We had a go at the Champions League this season, but there were teams like Bayern Munich who proved to be stronger than us. We’ll try again next term.”

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
strange that he will only put in an extra week
on the other hand, I can't even imagine what Conte does to the guys in pre-season, must be pretty hard to endure

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
it might be that he wants to be somewhat fresh ahead of the pre-season, I guess you can't combine working hard all summer with a pre-season Conte-style, lot's of pressure on the body. I'm sure he's doing the morning jog and afternoon gym while on holiday.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
strange that he will only put in an extra week
on the other hand, I can't even imagine what Conte does to the guys in pre-season, must be pretty hard to endure
Yeah, Conte hammers them in the summer and then again in the winter break. I think we feel it more in Jan-Feb than early season, as all the other teams are in the same boat in terms of catching up with match fitness.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You can already predict the kind of posts you'll see in Jan-Feb :D
You can put it in the diary :D At least these days we have it under control and come back strong. We've done it twice now under Conte, so there is no need for the same melodrama each year. It'll take a cracking season for anyone in Serie A to beat our current team, let alone if we improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)