Simone Pepe (67 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Selective memory? Get a fucking clue, man.

It's these fucking retarded generalizations of yours (and inane correlations, like the one with Borriello working hard in the picture, so it's proof that he must be worth having on the pitch? Or some nonsense), AC. That's why you get the facepalm.

I criticize and praise players based on performance. Pepe was BAD last year, and I criticized him as such. He was BAD. Conte has brought out the best in him, he has been quite good this year, and deserves praise - which he has been getting from me and most of the forum for quite some time.

He should have started today, because we should have been playing a 4-3-3. Our fullbacks aren't particularly good wingbacks, Plus Chiello was hurt, so we should have played 4-3-3, but didn't because the 3-5-2 was effective against Napoli last time. Conte should have adjusted his formation earlier today.

Actually, part of the reason we pseudo switched to 3-5-2 was because I believe Pepe had a little niggle, and then a bit of a drop in form as well. All three CB's were playing well, and we had some success in 3-5-2, so it made sense. Tonight, we should have fielded our strongest formation, with our strongest players, and Pepe is our starting RWF.

He's a great teammate, but again, I hope that we're looking to upgrade that position all the same.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Selective memory? Get a $#@!ing clue, man.

It's these $#@!ing retarded generalizations of yours (and inane correlations, like the one with Borriello working hard in the picture, so it's proof that he must be worth having on the pitch? Or some nonsense), AC. That's why you get the facepalm.

I criticize and praise players based on performance. Pepe was BAD last year, and I criticized him as such. He was BAD. Conte has brought out the best in him, he has been quite good this year, and deserves praise - which he has been getting from me and most of the forum for quite some time.

He should have started today, because we should have been playing a 4-3-3. Our fullbacks aren't particularly good wingbacks, Plus Chiello was hurt, so we should have played 4-3-3, but didn't because the 3-5-2 was effective against Napoli last time. Conte should have adjusted his formation earlier today.

Actually, part of the reason we pseudo switched to 3-5-2 was because I believe Pepe had a little niggle, and then a bit of a drop in form as well. All three CB's were playing well, and we had some success in 3-5-2, so it made sense. Tonight, we should have fielded our strongest formation, with our strongest players, and Pepe is our starting RWF.

He's a great teammate, but again, I hope that we're looking to upgrade that position all the same.
generalizations? Why dont you get a clue ? Look at the above poll people on here hated this man months ago, and now he is quality and a key player according to those same people. He is vital to this team and he was a major reason for our success

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
generalizations? Why dont you get a clue ? Look at the above poll people on here hated this man months ago, and now he is quality and a key player according to those same people. He is vital to this team and he was a major reason for our success
Because I looked at the 4 or so people who praised Pepe TODAY, before your comment appeared to generally call them out for having 'selective memory', and all of them have said quite good things about Pepe this season.

Edit: called me out specifically for selective memory. But basically called out the others with that 'you all' comment prior.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Because I looked at the 4 or so people who praised Pepe TODAY, before your comment appeared to generally call them out for having 'selective memory', and all of them have said quite good things about Pepe this season.
my comment wasnt directed toward them it was directed towards all the haters who despised this man a mere 3-4 months ago and now like the hypocrites they are lavishly laying praise upon him. When others like myself were defending him always

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
my comment wasnt directed toward them it was directed towards all the haters who despised this man a mere 3-4 months ago and now like the hypocrites they are lavishly laying praise upon him. When others like myself were defending him always
Many people had warmed to Pepe a lot further back then that. He's no world beater, but he's been important.

Anyway, your post is directly under mine. Looked like you taking a pot shot, maybe because you didn't enjoy our Borriello exchange?

Also, FYI, it isn't hypocrisy to praise a player when he's playing well, and criticize them when they're rubbish. That's being realistic.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:agree:
But Pepedinho didn't exist last year. He was born the moment Conte came here :touched:
:agree:

It's like night and day, really. Conte gave him the confidence, and Pepe just kept growing with the team. It's been really nice to watch, and it's very encouraging for the future. Quite a few players raised their game this year, actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)