Simone Pepe (57 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's funny how suddenly he was so popular after a few matches this season and the hype has already gone away.
That's not true, considering he scored in the previous match, he's been doing that steadily over the course of the season. Crap, good, average, crap, good etc... That's Pepe. I don't see why there is such drama when he has a bad game. It's not like people have just woken up and watched him play for the first time.

Anyway, he wasn't the main problem today. He actually put good crosses and passes into the box in the first half, when the team attacked with more structure.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
That's not true, considering he scored in the previous match, he's been doing that steadily over the course of the season. Crap, good, average, crap, good etc... That's Pepe. I don't see why there is such drama when he has a bad game. It's not like people have just woken up and watched him play for the first time.

Anyway, he wasn't the main problem today. He actually put good crosses and passes into the box in the first half, when the team attacked with more structure.
yea was pretty good in the first half.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Pepe's game was predictable if their is a player to blame it's Matri. It's clear he isn't good enough to be our go to guy when it comes to goals.

Vini.Alarm

Apr 15, 2009
Pepe lacks intelligence, creativity and flair on the pitch and it once more showed today. He is hopelessly blind to openings or runs made through the opposing defense and the worst thing is that he vastly overestimates himself: In the past I already disliked Pepe for the lack of aforementioned skills but he made up for it with his great work ethic and determination. He helped out the defense and tried as hard as he could. After he started scoring some important goals this season I was even more content with having him playing on the right. But since this is happening he has been getting worse and worse each match. He hardly runs anymore, lacks focus and seems to be overly confident, as his countless headless runs into opposing defenders show. Now we are stuck winger who offers neither finesse nor hard work. I really hope that Conte is aware of this problem and finds a way to straighten Pepe out. Because a running, defending, and scoring Pepe is a good asset to the team this year.
That said I still hope that we replace him with someone more talented and down to earth. I hate players who are not able to estimate their own capabilities and play according to those.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Official: Juventus GM Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed that Juventus and Real Madrid have made a deal that will see Cristiano Ronaldo swapped for Simone Pepe.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He is a limited and talentless player; never liked him, and never will.

However, the blame doesn't fall squarely on him. Our front 3 lack something when Vucinic is not there; we are too predictable and somewhat toothless. Vucinic gives us something extra, as he is creative and the brain in that trident. Matri is a good striker, but he sure as hell isn't a world class poacher/striker a la Trez, and Pepe is just Pepe. A runner who gets into good positions, but lacks everything else required to be a proper footballer.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Pepe played out of his usual position. Why didn't anyone mention that?
He only flopped very few matches this season. But when compared to how many times Krasic has flopped it's nothing.
Yet Krasic doesn't get even 1/10 of the criticism (or should I say roasting) that Pepe gets from Krasic's fanboys.

I know he's a limited player. But the way some people are waiting for him to have a bad game so they'd burn him is silly.
And when he performs great, scores and even makes an assist then he is just lucky.

You don't have to like him but for fuck sake give the guy a break, he scored 5 goals and 3 assists,
he's a big part of our success this season whether you like it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)