Simone Pepe (32 Viewers)

Should Juve buy Pepe in the summer?

• Yes, he's useful

• No, we don't need him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's possible sure, but I gave 3 counterexamples in my post and all were bought by Marotta, so it's not a GUARANTEE. Some reading comprehension wouldn't hurt you Osman or Bianconero81. I'd rather keep him than sell him for 15 mil €. He would be a perfect sub, can cover both sides has great stamina, low wages, hardworking and maybe we'll be worse off if we sell him.

There are too much haters here. Pepe does his job, why sell him for a small profit? Especially as he is so vital for Conte's system and there is a big question if Marotta will bring a suitable replacement.
I don't need you telling me to take reading comprehension lessons you peasant :p

I am aware that it's no guarantee, but 15 million is a substantial amount of money; we got Vuci for around that sum. Moreover, if we add 3-5 million more we most definitely can get a superior player. Krasic was bought for 15 million, and he is a better player than Pepe, just not for this Juve, and just not at this point in time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't go there, just a month ago you said Giovinco was better than Marchisio this forum would crucify you for this opinion now.
No point in comparing them; they play in different positions. Conte has had a massive impact on Marchisio's form. Up until this season, Marchisio had been having 2 very average, if not anonymous seasons, notwithstanding the fact the has was being deployed out of position. Who's to say that Conte can't make Gio into a stellar player for this Juventus?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Your point being? :lol:

I'm not against having him as a squad player, but we need to upgrade that position. He isn't good enough to be a starter if we hope to remain competitive and get back to where we belong.

Moreover, as Bianconero Aus said I hope he keeps performing well, if it means the team keeps winning, which will entail more clubs being interested in him, and potentially increase his value.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Your point being? :lol:

I'm not against having him as a squad player, but we need to upgrade that position. He isn't good enough to be a starter if we hope to remain competitive and get back to where we belong.

Moreover, as Bianconero Aus said I hope he keeps performing well, if it means the team keeps winning, which will entail more clubs being interested in him, and potentially increase his value.
just informing

for italy, he's good enough, for europe we need better

but he should never be sold, a team needs players like him, so i dont like to hear this "increasing value" thing

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
I don't need you telling me to take reading comprehension lessons you peasant :p

I am aware that it's no guarantee, but 15 million is a substantial amount of money; we got Vuci for around that sum. Moreover, if we add 3-5 million more we most definitely can get a superior player. Krasic was bought for 15 million, and he is a better player than Pepe, just not for this Juve, and just not at this point in time.
Meh, he's just as limited.

Folk tend to think he's better due to his speed and whatnot but he's equally brainless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)