Simone Pepe - Winger - Udinese (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
We have a lot of wingers in our youth academy, and now we are going to play a formation that's in need of wingers. So hopefully Del Neri does a good job integrating the youth to the first team (mostly Coppa games).

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #31
    Actually they say 10mln. It was only I who said it would be around 7.

Anyhow, it's a stupid transfer and no way he should cost that much.

Jasp

Mar 19, 2009
    Could we not invest in Candrevas half and use him in the same position? Makes more sense in my opnion.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The problem is that he runs without using his brain, like a headless chicken.
    He's far from being that bad, but unfortunately he's also far from being too good.

I know why Lippi likes him. Always in his coaching career Lippi wanted very strong CBs, 2 wizards, a striker and tireless runners in midfield and on the flanks.
    Di Livio, Pessotto, younger Camo, Nedved, Zambrotta, Perrotta for Italy. These wingers/Fullbacks were known for their stamina. Davids, Jugovic, Gattusso in midfield.
    This made us look like we're team on steroids (well, maybe we were :D) because most of the starting XI players had such stamina that they could play 180 minutes at the same tempo.

Of course, it's an insult to compare Pepe with some of these players, but with some you can compare him and you can see what's the story behind his call-ups for the NT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)