Simone Padoin (6 Viewers)

Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I know its hard to see any negatives from a 7-0 win, against such a terrible Parma, at the bottom of the league, playing at home, but I personally think Padoin was really bad. Poor overhit passes, crosses, free kick, and lost the ball on few occasions for others to clean his mess. We would have won with 10 players against this Parma. Thats how useless Padoin is.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
He was actually very good, I have never seen him play that well.
I know its hard to see any negatives from a 7-0 win, against such a terrible Parma, at the bottom of the league, playing at home, but I personally think Padoin was really bad. Poor overhit passes, crosses, free kick, and lost the ball on few occasions for others to clean his mess. We would have won with 10 players against this Parma. Thats how useless Padoin is.
:agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What? He hardly made any mistakes. Also, ask yourself if LB is his natural position. The guy, despite being thrown in because of injuries, has done quite well.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
What? He hardly made any mistakes. Also, ask yourself if LB is his natural position. The guy, despite being thrown in because of injuries, has done quite well.
I understand LB is not his natural position, I'll give you that. Performance wise on this game, we might have as well played a primavera player against this opposition and the scoreline would have still been the same if not more. He was just an extra on the field.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I understand LB is not his natural position, I'll give you that. Performance wise on this game, we might have as well played a primavera player against this opposition and the scoreline would have still been the same if not more. He was just an extra on the field.
I think his main direction was to stay back more to support the CB's while Licht pushed up on the opposite side. He supported Pogba well and gave away little distribution. He also didn't allow any serious attacking threats happen on his side. Sure, Parma was horrible but no one at the backline was seriously threatened tonight so its rather unfair to judge that critically IMO.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I too thought he was pretty average, but it was very tough to shine in his role in THAT game.

Aside from his amazing ability to win fouls I've noticed that he has some of the weakest acceleration in all football, because once he gets going (after about 10 seconds) he's quite fast.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Padoin reminds me of Birindelli, not a talent, not a class but extremely useful player for the team, can be used for any rotation and is a guarantee hard work and annoying to his opponents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)