Legend or History?

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Let's take last season as an example.

Who would you have played instead of Evra with Asa injured, Licht with both Caceres and Romulo injured, in midfield with both Pirlo and Marchisio out? The guy covers so many positions it's actually kinda freakish.

Oh, and Padoin > Giaccherini.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Let's take last season as an example.

Who would you have played instead of Evra with Asa injured, Licht with both Caceres and Romulo injured, in midfield with both Pirlo and Marchisio out? The guy covers so many positions it's actually kinda freakish.

Oh, and Padoin > Giaccherini.
to answer your question (i guess you asking me who i would play if we didnt have Padoin?), i would play Ogbonna/Chiellini/PDC etc. for the 4 mad defense and Pereyra/Pepe/PDC in the 3-5-2. also, Caceres and Romulo were both injured at the same time for about a month in April so one of them would normally rotate with Licht when the other is out. we acquired Sturaro in January who, despite being a CM, can play both RWB and RB if needed. and we had Asamoah healthy for most of the 1st half of season. we also had Mattiello in the 1st half of the season who played surprisingly many games and replaced him with PDC in January.

Evra and Licht still played a lot of games (to stay in shape i guess) before we secured the scudetto even with Padoin there, so it wouldnt really made a difference without him anyway (my guess is they would play around the same number of games actually). as you see, even in an exceptional season like this, when we lose 3 out of 5 fullbacks who would normally play more, we would do fine without a player like Padoin.

so to summarize: Evra/PDC or Mattiello/Asa or Caceres when fit/Ogbonna or Chiello, Licht/Caceres or Romulo when fit/Sturaro/Mattiello/Pepe or Pereyra/Vidal or Ogbonna as the last resource when you have 20 players injured.

Padoin played more than expected this season, but this normally happens when most players which are ahead of him miss half a season. as for the "he can play many positions part", yes he can, but how good is he playing them is another question

also, he played one game instead of Marchisio/Pirlo (which he was very bad at btw.), we could have easily played a midfield of Sturaro-Pereyra-Vidal instead of him. is it good to have such a player? it is. is such a player one you must have in your team? hes not.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You'd rather go for Mattiello, Ogbonna and PDC than Padoin. I won't discuss this with you anymore as there's no point.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You'd rather go for Mattiello, Ogbonna and PDC than Padoin. I won't discuss this with you anymore as there's no point.
did i say that anywhere?

so you decide to do what you do best, throw away anything someone said, pick and highlight one (made up this time) line, and say you wont discuss this anymore because you cant understand how someone could say such a thing.

as your weak memory problems have gotten worse now i see, as you probably forgot what the 1st half of the post was about by the time you read the 2nd, ill try to summarize the point i tried to make in my post above in as few words as possible.

MY point(!): This team, even last season with so many injuries of key players, has enough depth options to not depend on a player like Padoin. Such a player is good to have, but is not needed for your team to stay competitive even with a lot of injuries. THEREFORE! ... Therefore, a player like Padoin, unlike players like Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc., is not a very important player for a club like Juventus.

I REPEAT (!): This team, even last season with so many injuries of key players, has enough depth options to not depend on a player like Padoin. Such a player is good to have, but is not needed for your team to stay competitive even with a lot of injuries. THEREFORE! ... Therefore, a player like Padoin, unlike players like Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc., is not a very important player for a club like Juventus.

Was that clear (and short) enough for you, Malta-boy?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
did i say that anywhere?

so you decide to do what you do best, throw away anything someone said, pick and highlight one (made up this time) line, and say you wont discuss this anymore because you cant understand how someone could say such a thing.

as your weak memory problems have gotten worse now i see, as you probably forgot what the 1st half of the post was about by the time you read the 2nd, ill try to summarize the point i tried to make in my post above in as few words as possible.

MY point(!): This team, even last season with so many injuries of key players, has enough depth options to not depend on a player like Padoin. Such a player is good to have, but is not needed for your team to stay competitive even with a lot of injuries. THEREFORE! ... Therefore, a player like Padoin, unlike players like Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc., is not a very important player for a club like Juventus.

I REPEAT (!): This team, even last season with so many injuries of key players, has enough depth options to not depend on a player like Padoin. Such a player is good to have, but is not needed for your team to stay competitive even with a lot of injuries. THEREFORE! ... Therefore, a player like Padoin, unlike players like Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc., is not a very important player for a club like Juventus.

Was that clear (and short) enough for you, Malta-boy?
Nope.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I'm bored so let me entertain you.

to answer your question (i guess you asking me who i would play if we didnt have Padoin?), i would play Ogbonna/Chiellini/PDC etc. for the 4 mad defense and Pereyra/Pepe/PDC in the 3-5-2. also, Caceres and Romulo were both injured at the same time for about a month in April so one of them would normally rotate with Licht when the other is out. we acquired Sturaro in January who, despite being a CM, can play both RWB and RB if needed. and we had Asamoah healthy for most of the 1st half of season. we also had Mattiello in the 1st half of the season who played surprisingly many games and replaced him with PDC in January.
- Considering Barza was out in injury for almost all season, you'd play Ogbonna or PDC at LB. Padoin is a better option, so you're talking bullshit.

- 3-5-2 is an option, but with players like Padoin, we won't be restricted to changing formations due to his versatility. Again PDC at wing back is a disaster. Pereyra is no wing back and Pepe was shit. Again you're talking bullshit.

- Caceres and Romulo were injured almost all season.

- From what you're saying about Mattiello and PDC, you're almost hinting that we would not be affected if we were to replace Padoin's role with an average Primavera player.

- LOL at Sturaro at RB.

Evra and Licht still played a lot of games (to stay in shape i guess) before we secured the scudetto even with Padoin there, so it wouldnt really made a difference without him anyway (my guess is they would play around the same number of games actually).
That is why he is not a starter but a squad player for us. He'll only play when required.

Padoin played more than expected this season, but this normally happens when most players which are ahead of him miss half a season. as for the "he can play many positions part", yes he can, but how good is he playing them is another question
He certainly showed he was a better option than the likes of Pepe, Mattiello, PDC, Romulo, Ogbonna, etc. Again, you're talking bullshit.

also, he played one game instead of Marchisio/Pirlo (which he was very bad at btw.), we could have easily played a midfield of Sturaro-Pereyra-Vidal instead of him. is it good to have such a player? it is. is such a player one you must have in your team? hes not.
He wasn't very bad. :lol:

We couldn't have played Sturaro-Pereyra-Vidal because we never played 433 last season, so Pereyra was moved to AM IIRC with Sturaro-Padoin- Vidal trio in midfield. I'm not sure who played, but we didn't deploy a 433.

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015

- Considering Barza was out in injury for almost all season, you'd play Ogbonna or PDC at LB. Padoin is a better option, so you're talking bullshit.

- 3-5-2 is an option, but with players like Padoin, we won't be restricted to changing formations due to his versatility. Again PDC at wing back is a disaster. Pereyra is no wing back and Pepe was shit. Again you're talking bullshit.

- From what you're saying about Mattiello and PDC, you're almost hinting that we would not be affected if we were to replace Padoin's role with an average Primavera player.

- LOL at Sturaro at RB.

That is why he is not a starter but a squad player for us. He'll only play when required.

He certainly showed he was a better option than the likes of Pepe, Mattiello, PDC, Romulo, Ogbonna, etc. Again, you're talking bullshit.

We couldn't have played Sturaro-Pereyra-Vidal because we never played 433 last season, so Pereyra was moved to AM IIRC with Sturaro-Padoin- Vidal trio in midfield. I'm not sure who played, but we didn't deploy a 433.

dis what happened to zizinho

:lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
thank you.

- Considering Barza was out in injury for almost all season, you'd play Ogbonna or PDC at LB. Padoin is a better option, so you're talking bull$#@!.

- 3-5-2 is an option, but with players like Padoin, we won't be restricted to changing formations due to his versatility. Again PDC at wing back is a disaster. Pereyra is no wing back and Pepe was $#@!. Again you're talking bull$#@!.

- LOL at Sturaro at RB.
- Padoin is a better option, yes, but would it affect our team if we in 10-12 games against fodder teams, spread out during multiple months, to give some rest to our starting LB while our other LB is injured, play a guy like PDC/Ogbonna, or switch formations? would it affect our scudetto campaign? as i dont think thats the case, i see no big deal if we didnt have a guy like Padoin in the team.

-so what youre saying is, Padoin who is versatile can play many positions against fodder teams when some of our starters need rest, but Pereyra, who is also versatile (and a lot better btw.), cant do that? why do you think that? also, Sturaro (who played WB for Genoa several times) or Vidal (who even played CB under Conte) cant do the same? how come you make such conclusions? also, you think playing PDC/Ogbonna occasionally (seriously, we talk about 7-8 games at LB max. a year, against low table Serie A teams, when we have 10+ pts lead on the table) is so bad that we would lose so much more games that it would threaten our scudetto campaign?

-Caceres and Romulo were injured a lot, but apart from a month or so, never at the same time. Licht still played over 30 games in Serie A. that guy doesent need much rest

-Mattiello started 2 games for Chievo (against Milan and Roma, at RB). both times they kept a clean sheet. are you saying Padoin would have managed the same? also, whats wrong with being a Primavera player (former)? the guy proved himself and got to start for a Serie A team. he was good.

-if he can play as a WB, there is no reason why he couldnt slide in to play fullback in some scenarios when Licht needs some rest (1-2 games a season probably, maybe as a sub another 3-4) and when we lose 15 other players for injuries

yes, and thats what im saying. he is a squad player, he player only when needed aka, when we have no one else to play or when we want to rest someone. he is not an important player for us. this season was by far the best he had for us, played more than he should actually, and he was still average.

so all this time ive been arguing about what exactly, Klin?

He certainly showed he was a better option than the likes of Pepe, Mattiello, PDC, Romulo, Ogbonna, etc. Again, you're talking bull$#@!.
yes, he is a better option for some positions. but not by so much to cost us games.

he was actually. his movements were bad, he was never open for a pass (and he was in the heart of our midfield), which forced our other players into many errors which lead to counter attacks. he also was non present defensively as a lot fo their attacks came through the middle. you could easily notice by watching the game how our gameplan suffered because we lacked someone there.

we played 3-5-2, Pereyra was left on the bench.

you also say we never played 4-3-3 when we did actually a few times in the Coppa and 4-5 times in Serie A. another thing that not really relevant here but also another thing youre wrong at.

and lets stop this silly argument. in case you forgot again, ill repeat my point again and i just want you to say if you agree or not, thats it. here it is: "This team, even last season with so many injuries of key players, has enough depth options to not depend on a player like Padoin. Such a player is good to have, but is not needed for your team to stay competitive even with a lot of injuries. THEREFORE! ... Therefore, a player like Padoin, unlike players like Vidal, Pogba, Tevez, Marchisio etc., is not a very important player for a club like Juventus."

- - - Updated - - -

dis what happened to zizinho

thats a weird way to spell Klin

- - - Updated - - -

wrong post buddy :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nah, that ovation goes for the both of you. It's nice to see people debate and actually make arguments about football and doesn't talk smack. :D

But still, Padoin must not go, man.
did i say he must go? :D i didnt actually see anyone who said it here (atleast not today). Klin though makes it seem like Padoin is the only squad player left in the world and that the team will collapse if we sell him. but now that its mentioned, i do think he will leave, but not this summer. in 2016/17, Serie A squads will be decreased to 25 players max., we have been keeping 27-30 player each of the last few seasons, which means we will have to cut our squad. i imagine Padoin will be among the guys that will leave

thirteen

Reversed Hierophant
Feb 8, 2015
did i say he must go? :D i didnt actually see anyone who said it here (atleast not today). Klin though makes it seem like Padoin is the only squad player left in the world and that the team will collapse if we sell him. but now that its mentioned, i do think he will leave, but not this summer. in 2016/17, Serie A squads will be decreased to 25 players max., we have been keeping 27-30 player each of the last few seasons, which means we will have to cut our squad. i imagine Padoin will be among the guys that will leave
Isn't Padoin on his last year of his contract? Then yeah, he will likely go next season. First, he needs that 5th scudetto, and hopefully a CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)