Signatures (15 Viewers)

Srecka

Jan 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vicky ] ++
what language is that Srecka ? ... i know it says "my dear friend KID " but what language is it

you understand it but you don't know what luaguage is it :eek::eek:

it's Slovenian :heart:

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
yeah ... it's because all slavic languages are kind of similar and i speak 2 of them .... and there is a lot more i don't speak but it's easy to understand them because the words sound alike... so i get the meaning but don't know the language

Srecka

Jan 22, 2004
yeah ... it's because all slavic languages are kind of similar and i speak 2 of them .... and there is a lot more i don't speak but it's easy to understand them because the words sound alike... so i get the meaning but don't know the language

it's a difficult language, i wish i could speak it :down: but it's too hard for me :wallbang:

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #165
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Those guys in politics, I'm sure you have them too. We recently had elections, on televised debates, there will usually be ten leaders from ten parties, there's always some extreme Christian party there too. Any question the guy is asked, he respons with some bible quote he memorised :wth: Of course, this is the type of guy who thinks women should be in the kitchen at home etc. :rolleyes:
    but women DO deserve to be in the kitchen...well some of them anyways...

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #173
    true, however nobody can deny that the patriarchal system in place right now(yes western society is STILL patriarchal) is working fine. girls like it, guys like it. not that they should be forced to be in the kitchen by law, but its fine as it is.

everyone's happy except the snotfaced womens lib.

woohoo :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
    true, however nobody can deny that the patriarchal system in place right now(yes western society is STILL patriarchal) is working fine. girls like it, guys like it. not that they should be forced to be in the kitchen by law, but its fine as it is.

everyone's happy except the snotfaced womens lib.

woohoo :D
    You're throwing the entire West on the same pile now?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Rubbish. Sweden for example, is soon to have a larger percentage of women in the work force than men. They really are leaders in this area; its not uncommon at all in Sweden to have the man stay home and take care of the children and, at any rate, they'll divide the home tasks equally.

In issues like this, you really can't compare North America to Western Europe. I'm not saying European nations have come up with better systems, that's highly debatable. But it's far too different in any case.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

yeah, i'm always :confused: when it comes to slovenian, bosnian, croatian language..i can't find the diference :)

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #178
    bah. men home-makers are getting more common in the us too. europe may be ahead where trends are concerned, but not by much.

the differences between north america and europ boil down to history and cultural experiences, but if you look closely they have a lot more in common than you think.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    No, that's just it. If you don't look closely, they have a lot in common. Most similarities are based on the superficial part of society - such as television.

Which is just as well - differences keep the world fascinating imo!

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #180
    1. women deserve to be in the kitchen
    2. all western society is the same
    3. differences make the world fascinating...

funny how we couldnt keep to the same subject :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)