[SI] Football Manager 2008 (25 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
the patch is crap as well
Well, from what I hear it's at least an improvement.

do you guys concede at least a goal a game? every single game i play, i always concede first and then have to come from behind to win. it doesn't whic formation i play, i must concede at least one goal. so i play attacking formations so i can come back as soon as possible.
Yeah, play attacking formations, and inspire the players during the halftime break and before the game. Also, make your center-back's mentality to completely defensive so that could could get more stability at the back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
i criticise those players so much, maybe that's why. but what do they expect, when mexes and juan are letting cagliari beat us 3-1 at the olimpico.

oh yeah, if anybody's looking for a hot young LB, check antunes. he's 20 and his stats are great, his market value is also very low. but he's on loan at roma, and they have an option to buy him for 1M pounds though.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
after getting sacked from juve and viola, i'm doing pretty good with roma. i'm third behind inter and juve, in the CL quarters, knocked out liverpool in the group stages and then valencia, now i have to play milan, in the Coppa semis, after knocking out milan and lazio, i have inter next.

van der vaart is my best buy, i bought him for 12m pounds after selling perrotta to inter for 10(damn, mexes was pissed). aquilani and de rossi are unbelievable, they are superb passers who rarely lose possession and score crucial goals. de rossi gets a lot of yellows and aquilni gets injured a lot though. i tried to sell mancini to raise funds for transfers(i got about 3m pounds for transfers), but i didn't get the right offers, and he has been one of the best players. totti is a god, he has about 30 goals so far, 20 in the league and is the league's top assister.

this is my formation that i finally got right after a terrible start where i almost got sacked.
-------------Doni------------
-------Mexes----Juan-------
Cicinho--------------Panucci
------De Rossi---Aquilani---
--------Van der Vaart-------
Giuly-----------------Mancini
-------------Totti-------------

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
Can someone tell me why the fuck the game is telling me:

"Olympique Lyonnais have been unable to renew the contract of Marek Hamsik." when I have all the money in the world and I can offer much more than the player is asking? This is really annoying as it's almost Jan. 1 for me.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,231
    29.probably ancelotti send him to reserves to gain experience
    Yea, either that or he was coming off a long injury or something...
    Can someone tell me why the fuck the game is telling me:

"Olympique Lyonnais have been unable to renew the contract of Marek Hamsik." when I have all the money in the world and I can offer much more than the player is asking? This is really annoying as it's almost Jan. 1 for me.
    Either switch around your budget, make him a key player, or put a gun to his head....that option is found in:

Manager>Lyon>Hamsik>Offer New Contract>Bonuses/Clauses>Refusal To Sign> Shoot

Then you can choose to shoot him in the leg, knee, shoulder, or head.

Normally when I want to get rid of a player the board tells me is too valuable or has to pay too much of a compensation, I just offer them a low contract which they will deny, then I shoot them in the head.

Solves my wage problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)