May 14, 2004
plain easy.

------------GK------------
--------DC--DC---DC------
----------------------------
RM-----DM---OM----LM----
-----------OM--------------
--------TM-----ST---------

Basically, 3 DC's with good heading, marking, tackling.
Two wingers, should be fast, dribblers, good crossing.
One def midfielder: good tackling, passing, pace, condition, strength,...
one Off Mid next to the DM: Passing, influence,... he should be a leader
one off mid behind the strikers: good shot, passing (lots of assists),
One Target man: Big man upfront who'll hold up the ball, must be capable of heading his share of crosses between the posts
one striker: The trez type, gets balls via the wingers, the off mid and the target man, so he should be able to score at least 20goals/season.

The two wingers have an arrow all the way up, so they're almost attackers in ball possession.

Of course you get your share of goals against when the opponent plays with long crosses (got no backs), but that is limited if your DC are good headers. And you'll score loads of goals.

To succeed, your team has to be full of good passers, and you better play short passes, as you'll have a lot of people upfront.

OP
Ramin

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    Geof said:
    and do we know anythng about the game any new things?improvemnets etc?
    Here are some more of the SI test teams "favourite new features" in the forthcoming Football Manager 2007.

Lee Marlow

1. Customisable homepage - the option to fully customise the home page is a nice touch. It saves a lot of time when you just want to know that little bit of information or stat.

2. Staff/Club knowledge - with every member of staff having their specific level of knowledge, it's interesting trying to fill your clubs world knowledge as you work your way up the leagues

3. Richest club list - like the club knowledge, the richest club list is another nice touch to the game. Turning your local Conference South side to world beaters can be even sweeter when you cement your place at the top of the worlds rich list.

4. Multi-line select - possibly the biggest time saving feature ever. Gone are the days of going through your entire squad and requesting a coach report or offering to clubs, this can be done in just a couple of clicks now.

5. Player Interaction - absolutely loads of new features crammed into one here. Ranging from asking your star striker to recommend a new signing or telling that promising young defender that he could learn a lot from the clubs captain.

Neil

1. The first thing I really love about the new Football Manager is the option to customise the detail level within the game. This means now I can run more leagues on my useless PC, and not have to worry as much about the speed, plus if I want to manage abroad, it makes it so much easier than having to carry the Spanish league along for ten in-game years first

2. The second thing I've noticed which has made a huge impact is the new scouting system. The fact you now need to have particular knowledge of certain areas really improves the challenge of finding that perfect player to really make a difference in your squad. Added to this, the reports compiled by the scouts are no longer just a one sentence summary - instead they highlight the details you really want to know.

3. The third improvement that I've really appreciated are, of course, the feeder clubs. What better way of getting round that pesky work permit application than signing the player anyway and packing him off to Belgium or Spain for a few years. If it works for Wenger and Benitez, it works for me!

4. The fourth element to imprpess me within the game are specific coaches. A fitness coach and youth coach really give you an option to expand the training regimes of the team, without putting extra burden on the general coaches.

5. The first, and perhaps one of the smallest elements to be added to this version of the game is one you'll only notice when you least expect it. Playing with the 2d engine, team struggling to break down the opposition...and what's that? Your attention is drawn away to..the subs..warming up?!! Small and insignificant, yes - brilliant... damn right!

Alexander Harris

1. Pre-match team talks - an obvious extension of a great feature from the last version

2. Controversial incidents - these make the game even more realistic, which is what we all want.

3. End of season summaries - I'm now always looking for my clubs name in the "best signing of the season" or "overachievers" section of this list

4. Live draws for competition group phases - I imagine a lot of people will have been waiting for this for a long time. The Champions League will never be the same again.

5. Multiple select - I always ship out my squad when I take over clubs, so this will be a marvellous timesaver.

Andrew Stillwell

- Scouting, the selection of good scouts is now imperative to getting accurate reports back. Would thoroughly recommend going for the 3 match scout report option

- Feeder Clubs, so good at being able to send out young starlets to gain valuable first team experience.

- Contract negotiations, have now been lucky to twice bag a player who says he does not want to come to the club by offering over the odds in wages to persuade him to come here.

- Tactics, match engine is the best yet. Dont forget to review your set piece instructions on who is marking who, also get hold of a big centre back worth their weight in gold.

- Last but no means least, the database. Hours (I mean tons of hours) of work has gone into revising the database, if you find a player with 15+ in an attribute it means he is good. So before you start bombarding SI with why has so and so been reduced look at the bigger picture and compare him with similar ability players ;)

Kees Howard

1) Feeder Clubs

This is awesome for getting your young stars some much needed game time, and for when work permits get in the way.

2) Media Interaction before games

I think this is a top addition, with questions about form and how you think you'll do, with all answers effecting some of the players, a very good addition

3) Takeovers

This just adds realism, plain and simple. I like how it tells you what the current chairman feels towards the club

4) Match Engine

This has come on leaps and bounds with great work by the guys (Paul). It just feels so real with how things happen now

5) Training

Although this hasn't massively changed I really like the addition of youth/first team coaches and how the youth have separate training schedules.

Luis Lopes

1. Feeder Clubs - Great way to get match practice for youngsters and circumvent work permits

2. Controversial decisions - Just great that you can comment on controversial decisions made by the refereeing staff

3. Scouting - Finally the scouts are useful, they generate great reports with more info the more you scout a player

4. More User Friendly - Many annoying "confirmation boxes" have been removed and possibility to see player stats in news items

5. MAC - Finally Universal Binary, which is great for people using Intel Macs

Il Furia

5: Club info/clubs in general: I mean, maybe there are lots of other stuff that are more important, but I wanted this one so badly! No more surprises about losing against a rival that we don't know about. Takeovers and so much more... A great touch SI!

4:player interaction module: WOW!! You can do so much that it's hard to explain what it is... anyway another great innovation that makes FM more and more realistic

3:Feeder Clubs!!!!!! I mean from the feeder and not the parent point ov view: tired of being 17th only because other teams are lucky and recieve tons of good youngsters on loan? Well feeder club module welcomes you in the real world of football. Try and have the most convenient link when you are a small club and then forge new alliances and send your players to grow somewhere else! FANTASTIC

2:Opposition Instruction. I think this one is huge. It is very realistic and useful. we can choose to show wingers onto a specific foot in order to make harder for them to cross from deep, we can tightly mark and show onto his weaker foot a striker, and so much more!

1: Multi-selection! Yes I think this one is the most practical thing ever introduced in fm! Pre-season has ended ad you want to switch back players to normal training schedule after pre-seasno? You can do that in a few clicks. You want to promote to first team X youngsters? YOU DO IT IN 1 CLICK!

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    neither can I :D

Let me ask in genaral cause i still haven't found a use for it. What is there a wage for in the game? in Total Club manager you get a wage and can buy a house/car/plane and get married but on FM there doesnt seem to be that option

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Ramin forgot to mention another cool feature that SI added this year:

Intercept mode

SI added this cool new feature called Intercept mode. From now on you can find out the secrets and plans of other teams, players, managers and even referees with the simple touch of a button.

I personally won't use this feature because it's cheating. :p

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    mark77 said:

Intercept mode

SI added this cool new feature called Intercept mode. From now on you can find out the secrets and plans of other teams, players, managers and even referees with the simple touch of a button.

so we can bribe them :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
    mark77 said:

Intercept mode

Intercept mode also known as : the Moratti system

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    this game will be on my laptop on the 14th november(last day of exams), if i can hold myself from buying.I know if i bought it, then i wouldnt stop playing and i will fail

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    Both the "vanilla" and "strawberry" versions of the demo will be available at the same time. Should be available midnight UK time on Saturday/Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)