Should Zambrotta be fined/suspended for admitting to diving? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
In a Calcio Italia story, Zambrotta admits to have dived in the game vs Bologna to earn us that winning penalty: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct5h.html

So first he dived, he didn't admit to it in the moment but now he comes out and says it post match. It may be a little better than not saying it at all but it doesn't exactly make a difference, the penalty decision isn't going to be revoked now. However, he did admit to cheating and I think it would be appropriate to suspend him for it. If we want to eliminate diving, something has to be done.

What do you say?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
In a Calcio Italia story, Zambrotta admits to have dived in the game vs Bologna to earn us that winning penalty: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct5h.html

So first he dived, he didn't admit to it in the moment but now he comes out and says it post match. It may be a little better than not saying it at all but it doesn't exactly make a difference, the penalty decision isn't going to be revoked now. However, he did admit to cheating and I think it would be appropriate to suspend him for it. If we want to eliminate diving, something has to be done.

What do you say?
2 match ban because he admited. 3 match ban for the likes of totti who never admits. even if dive doesn't lead to a decisive goal. any kind of goal.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Suspending him is probably the right thing to do but it won't be done. I'm expecting a fine at most.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
A fine would do, we will suffer without him if suspended.
thats not reason to leave him without suspension. we gained undeserved benefit from zambrotta so no we should lose some because of him. not good but at least its fair

Sep 28, 2002
he deserves to be suspended only because of the importance of goal. a winning goal in 2-1 victory. these 2 poins might prove decisive at the end of the season. fine only hars a player. so dive causing a penalty in 5-0 match is not as important as this. but in this case juve should suffer too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@Fliakis: I know that a fine wouldn't harm us or Zambrotta, but I can't see the FIGC suspending Zamboy. Once again, I believe that he deserves a suspension, I just don't think that it will happen.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
@Fliakis: I know that a fine wouldn't harm us or Zambrotta, but I can't see the FIGC suspending Zamboy. Once again, I believe that he deserves a suspension, I just don't think that it will happen.
i know. it won't but it should happen

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Diving is one of the worst things of soccer :groan:
But I have to say that is the antisporty thing he was sporty to admits he dived... how many players do it? Nearly no ne... thay deny even when they are vs the evidence...

mate

Aug 28, 2002
P.S.: He won't be suspended... it never happened in Italy of a player suspended 4 a dive if not booked at the moment.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
imo he should be suspended.i was very pissed off because of the wrong penalty.cuz it's not fair,but i am very happy that he admited that :)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++
well he was brave enough 2 admit it

i think a fine would do
what if juve wins scudetto by 1 point. just because of this penalty? you think roma or milan representatives will say: "oh well, though luck. zambrotta was fine so we can't complain. better luck to us next year."
he deserves to be fined. i offer 2 match ban istead of 3 just because he admitted.

but yes, he won't be banned.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fining a player for admitting he dived? That will encourage players NOT to admit diving.

Signori said that Zambrotta admitted to him just after the penalty that he dived, but when Signori told the ref, Zambrotta told Paparesta that he felt a small contact.

If Zambrotta had not admitted that he dived, no one would be discussing fining or suspending Zambrotta, but cos there was a player who for once admitted it, then we should fine him...that doesn`t make sense.

Yeah diving is bad, but well what can you do, most players do it and refs can't always know if a player dived or not.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Football Italia:

Marcello Lippi: “I always worry about facing teams that are struggling, as they are more motivated than ever to buck that trend. Bologna created a fair few problems for us and after the break we were lacking a cool head. I won’t comment on either of the two penalties, but I will say that Juventus have no divers.

:rolleyes:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

what if juve wins scudetto by 1 point. just because of this penalty? you think roma or milan representatives will say: "oh well, though luck. zambrotta was fine so we can't complain. better luck to us next year."
he deserves to be fined. i offer 2 match ban istead of 3 just because he admitted.

but yes, he won't be banned.
He is not the first and won't be the last to do it in Juve as in other teams... so why to be so surprised? Every single scudetto or coppa is influenzed by refs... and belive me not just 4 1 point.

About admitting it... what to say? It was surely more ridicolous to deny it...
Anycase Moggi and Lippi will be upset with him... cause they said the penalty was fair and when they have been told Zambrotta admitted the dive the answered: "no in impossible" and than actually it was true.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Football Italia:

Marcello Lippi: “I always worry about facing teams that are struggling, as they are more motivated than ever to buck that trend. Bologna created a fair few problems for us and after the break we were lacking a cool head. I won’t comment on either of the two penalties, but I will say that Juventus have no divers.

:rolleyes:
:D

i said that figc should suspend players that dived and won a penalty and didn't admit that. for tghose who admited sanctions should be softer.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Just gonna repeat what I said in the other thread (since this is its relevant thread)....

Ok then why wasn't such a point raised when Nedved dived against Roma last year? And he even shouted to the Roma players that it was a penalty when it was quite obvious that he dived!

Zambrotta had the balls to admit it, other players don't! If he gets fined or sanctioned I hope that the next time he does it, he will lie or at least not say anything.

Where are we going? Encouraging players to lie and not admit their responsabilities.

If we had to sanction or fine each player that dives and admits and not sanction those that dive and don't admit, well then that's a pretty ****ed up logic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)