Should or should we not sell Del Piero? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah yeah, perhaps not exactly transfer thread material. But let's be honest, it's the hottest discussion that is going on here. So we should give it it's own thread instead of those 4 or 5.

Perhaps we could even make a nice little poll to see just how much Del Piero's popularity has suffered the last years.

IMO Del Piero could be sold as he's not the player that he used to be and we are able to find a more than adequate replacement. Though I do not believe Del Piero should be sold, he still has something to give to the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
His salary is too high.

His performance is poor.

He's not getting any younger.

He suffered a severe injury.

In conclusion: Who would want him? Some team who would want to sell jerseys of him?

He should hang up his boots and get a job with Juve.

Sad but true. :(

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

In conclusion: Who would want him? Some team who would want to sell jerseys of him?
    As a matter of fact I think that would be an important factor for a lot of clubs yes. That's even the main reason why Real Madrid bought Beckham.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Mutu is so much better than Del Piero right now.

If we bring in Mutu, Del Piero will sit on the stands 24/7 so I would like to just let him go.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I'll leave this open for the time being but the minute it descends into a slanging match its getting the padlock.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I've been wanting to sell him for 2 years now, before his value fell. But noone listens to me, and now you couldnt get a bag of chips and an ice cream for him.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    It would be interesting to see statistics on exactly what we paid to delpiero in the last financial year compared to what we gained from the media/sponsorship/etc from having such a big name player in our team. is he actually making us money by his mere presence or are we making a loss?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
    I think he has the rights to his own image. Am I wrong here.

That would be desastrous if true.
    No, I think you're right. He accepted a pay cut two years ago I believe, but got the rights for his image.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    But his image doesn't include shirt sales etc., does it?

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I can't see Del Piero sold.

I mean, who would want to buy him? I can't see a big club signing him, and if he goes for a smaller team, he'd have to cut his wages.

Conclusion: Stay at Delle Alpi but cut his wages and treat him like an average member of the team. Bench him when needed, play him when needed. We can't say he's bad or he sucks, but he never reached his pre-injury form. When Trez returns, he'll be a sub IMO.

Paolo Montero has a good point. It might be possible that his mere presence brings more money than he costs us. Good Jersey seller, he is.
    Anybody has a clue how much he is paid compared with the other players?

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I'm in another mood right now, and I want to say that I don't want Del Piero to be sold.

Seeing him play in another outfit would make me depressed and sick.

I mean, this guy's name will forever be associated with Juve. He breaths Juve, thinks Juve... Ok, I agree he is not Juve on his own but you have to admit Del Piero has something magical around him, he may not perform but still, I don't know there's something about him. The amount of threads on these forums is an evidence of that.

I love Del Piero. And not only I don't see him sold, but I don't want him to be sold. Forza Del Piero.

btw, Moggi won't sell him ever.

anyway, this was an emotional post, don't look for any major arguments in here....

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    But his image doesn't include shirt sales etc., does it?
    I'm not sure, but I think it does, as well as commercials, memorabilia, PR performances, books, etc... basically, anything associated with his name.

Il Messiah

Aug 21, 2004
    DP"s problem is difficult
    consider performance in recently years <2~3 years>
    we must sell him.....his salary compare totti,sheva but DP"s performance never reach totti,sheva.
    but he isn"t only player he is living legend in juve and juve"s man<moggi also said that>
    if he is french player maybe we aleady sell him.but he is italian and juve" hero 1994~~1998 or 99

one good point his retire....... but he has quite time for play

1>his salary cut 1/5 at now and he play for sub player in juve
    <zlatan"s back up...but this method will accept delpiero???? >

2>he sell oversea maybe his price will low<10m~15m euro><England,Spain=for example newcastle>

and after retire......return to juve<and heir bettega or moggi"s job>

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Sad but true. For the wellbeing of Juventus FC Moggi need to do something.. this cant go on. And I doubt that Del Piero wants to lower his sallary and become a sub player. I think that DP think highly of himself and cannot accept this, so a move to Newcastle or something would be good?

I can believe im writing this..!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)