Should or should we not sell Del Piero? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
No, Del Piero should not be sold. Whether or not y'all will admit it, he is an important part of this team. He may not have great form on the pitch anymore, but he's still damn good. Furthermore, he has more experience than anyone on the team (with the exception of Thuram), and he is a leader on and off the pitch. Where Del Piero goes, the team follows. Where would the team go if we sold him?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    No, Del Piero should not be sold. Whether or not y'all will admit it, he is an important part of this team. He may not have great form on the pitch anymore, but he's still damn good. Furthermore, he has more experience than anyone on the team (with the exception of Thuram), and he is a leader on and off the pitch. Where Del Piero goes, the team follows. Where would the team go if we sold him?
    You're absolutely right. It's just that Del Piero isn't as great as he used to be. I think people compare him to the player he once was, probably one of the greatest players that have ever played the game. And if you compare this Del Piero to that Del Piero it seems like he's pretty worthless, yes. But that doesn't take away this Del Piero is still a good player.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    At least Del Piero doesn't have attitude problems and he isn't egoistic. He respects the decision of Capello substituting him and accepts criticism like a young player that juz joined a big club. Even if he is subbed, he will still cheer for his teammates. Despite not being the old Del Piero we once know on the pitch, he can still very inspirational as a teammate. Juve definitely needs him to influence the young and inexperienced.

I'm not a DP fanatic, but I'm against selling DP.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    Dude, get some perspective already.

Del Piero's contributions are few and far between, if anything. And they certainly dont come through in big games, if they did, trust me thats all the justification he'd need to stay on the team. He's still damn good? Are you sure your watching the current season? As far as his experience goes, i dont think that translates to anything on the pitch. That probably comes in handy on the training ground, where we've also got the likes of Thuram, Canna and Nedved. Think about it, Dp's actually living on former glory and taking up a place in the squad, which could go to someone more deserving, someone who can actually add extra value to the squad. As of now we're holding ourselves back, the more we decide to keep Dp in the squad. We've got people working harder on the pitch to make up for his inadequacies, when it should really be the other way around. Dont give me any of the he's our symbol theory, coz we've had loads of symbols before him, and we've coped. Dont see how things are about to be any different.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS FOR YEARS , HE IS TAKEN TOO MUCH FOR HIS PERFORMANCE (OVERRATED) , as a lot said no team will buy him know:(

Alex

May 1, 2004
    i don't think we should let him go instead i think a loan spell in england or spain would serve him very well. this will never happen of course but if it did DP in a more open attacking league with less media scrutiny and expectation couldl do a lot better.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    maybe okay with Rivaldo in the greek league :p
    or in Newcastle :D their shirt would remind him of playing in Juve hehe ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Del Piero will not get many chances to prove himself.Despite Capello's favouritism and the ususal injuries he's performed well so far and scored his fair share this season.He's played well on occasion and if he wasn't sold last season for his dismal performances i don't see why he deserves to be now,having made noticeable improvement on his game and coping with the individualistic Zlatan and re-emergent Zalayeta.

Our vice-captain already has one step out of the door,Conte's already left and Ferrara will be gone in 6 months' time.If we were to sell Del Piero we'd have lost our core and the locker room would lack a leader everyone can look up to.As it is Del Piero has been quietly accepting his reduced role in the team and for me that would be the best way to bow out-gradually phase him out of the team and make him a figurehead in the team like Conte had been for his last two seasons,giving him only 15 games a season or so.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    .If we were to sell Del Piero we'd have lost our core and the locker room would lack a leader everyone can look up to. As it is Del Piero has been quietly accepting his reduced role in the team and for me that would be the best way to bow out-gradually phase him out of the team and make him a figurehead in the team like Conte had been for his last two seasons,giving him only 15 games a season or so.
    dp was not ever a leader :(

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Perhaps he could revive his career in the EPL (where he's always wanted to play) with a smaller team like Everton or Middlesbrough. Come to think of it, Liverpool might take him given their situation upfront. In the end we're all wasting time though because he won't be sold.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I've been wanting to sell him for 2 years now, before his value fell. But noone listens to me, and now you couldnt get a bag of chips and an ice cream for him.
    You were hardly the only one Zlatan, people have been wanting to sell him since 2000.

I agree with Ian.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    No we should not sell. Del Piero is more a symbol than a great player for Juve.

Juve is Del Piero, Del Piero is Juve. Nuff said!

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    You know, somethimes I think you Del Piero bashers should thank that he is on the team, why? well when he is gone who are you going to blame for Juventus loses??

Everytime that Juve or Italy its not performing well, Del Piero is the one to blame, the one who we need to sell in order to be the best team in the world... I don't know if you have seen his numbers this year, he has played 9 games and score 5 goals !!!! and this is for a guy who's main job in the team its not scoring!!!

Poeple GET REAL!!!

I'm going to say this again, we are fans, we are not the ones who make decitions, we even can't go to Delle Alpi and complain against the board coz most of us live outside Italy, whats my point? well my point is that the people who are profesionals of soccer and have soccer has a job like managers and board members believes on Del Piero.

To think that all of them coaches and board members, doent know nothing about soccer, that Capello is a soccer foo, a guy who its just a lucky guy who won championchips with Milan, Real Madrid and Roma just of pure luck, that Moggi its just a soccer inept and not a soccer guru like ALL Italy wrongly thinks... That Lippi its just a amateur coach who happends to coach Italy just becouse he looks good smoking a cigar in the bench... guys these are people who understand soccer, who lives by soccer, who was been in soccer much more time that most (if not saying all) of the gusy that are in this forums... and these people all believe that Del Piero its important in Juve, that Del Piero its Juventus leader, that Del Piero its a great player, not the player that he was, but still a great player indeed...

We are fans, but we only watch soccer the day that Juventus play, and maybe read in the site what happend the rest of the times we can't see what happend in the looker room or in the practices, its much easier for us to pick on Del Piero, its very easy just to say
    "Oh Just Sell Del Piero!! "

Well thats not the way it happend people, and specally not in Juve...

Remember Baggio? well in order us to sell Baggio we had to find the next Baggio, and introduce him in the team, and the board only sell Baggio whe they were absolutly sure that Del Piero will become Juventus next 10...

So Del piero will be treated the same way and we still haven't find the next 10 (and please don't mention Miccoli!!!), so when we find the next leader, the next 10, the next Juventus icon, only then we could think about selling Del Piero....

I'm going to sinish these, coz the last time I said these things a thread was close...

I just want to finish by saying that for a Juve fan its very easy to bash our players when they are not performing well, but for a true Juve fan its easier to back our players even if they are passing a hard time... Del Piero its our leader in this moment, if he deserve ir, its not our job to judge that, our job its to support him and support Juve...

And by the way... I'm against Del piero been sold :D:D:D:D

Geof

May 14, 2004
    good post. I agree on almost everything.

In your logic we have to find a new number 10 before DP can be sold, that's right.

Imagine we get Mutu or buy Cassano. Do you think we'd sell DP then?

Even if the board wanted to sell DP (which isn't the case IMO) the main problem is to find him a suitable club.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    The thing its not only to find a great player, we have to find a future icon, Mutu, to me its a hell of a player, talented, but its hard to me seen him as Juve next icon

Cassano, well if he mature and start to act has a grown up maybe he could be a chooise...

like I said its not that easy to find a new Icon

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    You know, somethimes I think you Del Piero bashers should thank that he is on the team, why? well when he is gone who are you going to blame for Juventus loses??

Everytime that Juve or Italy its not performing well, Del Piero is the one to blame, the one who we need to sell in order to be the best team in the world... I don't know if you have seen his numbers this year, he has played 9 games and score 5 goals !!!! and this is for a guy who's main job in the team its not scoring!!!

Poeple GET REAL!!!

I'm going to say this again, we are fans, we are not the ones who make decitions, we even can't go to Delle Alpi and complain against the board coz most of us live outside Italy, whats my point? well my point is that the people who are profesionals of soccer and have soccer has a job like managers and board members believes on Del Piero.

To think that all of them coaches and board members, doent know nothing about soccer, that Capello is a soccer foo, a guy who its just a lucky guy who won championchips with Milan, Real Madrid and Roma just of pure luck, that Moggi its just a soccer inept and not a soccer guru like ALL Italy wrongly thinks... That Lippi its just a amateur coach who happends to coach Italy just becouse he looks good smoking a cigar in the bench... guys these are people who understand soccer, who lives by soccer, who was been in soccer much more time that most (if not saying all) of the gusy that are in this forums... and these people all believe that Del Piero its important in Juve, that Del Piero its Juventus leader, that Del Piero its a great player, not the player that he was, but still a great player indeed...

We are fans, but we only watch soccer the day that Juventus play, and maybe read in the site what happend the rest of the times we can't see what happend in the looker room or in the practices, its much easier for us to pick on Del Piero, its very easy just to say
    "Oh Just Sell Del Piero!! "

Well thats not the way it happend people, and specally not in Juve...

Remember Baggio? well in order us to sell Baggio we had to find the next Baggio, and introduce him in the team, and the board only sell Baggio whe they were absolutly sure that Del Piero will become Juventus next 10...

So Del piero will be treated the same way and we still haven't find the next 10 (and please don't mention Miccoli!!!), so when we find the next leader, the next 10, the next Juventus icon, only then we could think about selling Del Piero....

I'm going to sinish these, coz the last time I said these things a thread was close...

I just want to finish by saying that for a Juve fan its very easy to bash our players when they are not performing well, but for a true Juve fan its easier to back our players even if they are passing a hard time.. . Del Piero its our leader in this moment, if he deserve ir, its not our job to judge that, our job its to support him and support Juve...

And by the way... I'm against Del piero been sold :D:D:D:D
    I Salut Espectro the Great....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
    good post. I agree on almost everything.

In your logic we have to find a new number 10 before DP can be sold, that's right.

Imagine we get Mutu or buy Cassano. Do you think we'd sell DP then?

Even if the board wanted to sell DP (which isn't the case IMO) the main problem is to find him a suitable club.
    Agree Geof,

I can NEVER imagine Mutu or Cassano with the #10;)

#10 is for il Capitano,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)