Should Juventus FC Become A Giant? (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
I specifically mean in the marketing aspect- Juventus are undoubtedly a famous brand name, but no way nearly as famous as Man U or Real Madrid. The thing about becoming a marketing giant is that people start to jump on the haters bandwagon and we become sellouts. However, its pros include $$$(munnies), and therefore greater success.

So whats more important? Being a true club passionate about football, or success gained through money we make by expanding ourselves as a brand?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
If it was for me, I'd stay a football team passionate about the game.

Our contract with Nike includes marketing and promotion of the club by Nike in a very similar way as it is being done with MU. So I guess such a strategy is more of inevitable than possible. This summer we should be seing Juve making a tour of SE Asia.

Furthermore, we are still the most popular team in Europe. Unfortunately I have lost the link to the study which has shown Juventus slightly more popular in Europe than Real and MU.

So I guess becoming a Real Madrid- type Giant would mean just buying the most popular players, selling their jerseys worldwide, and organizing "showgames" in rich countries.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think Juve should continue the way they do. A no nonsense football club, not a marketing gimmick out to make money and fans through the colour of their jerseys and names of their players.

Juve are a classic traditional Italian team that are elitist at the same time. And i think this image wrks just fine. You wouldnt find every 2 nd human on the planet to be a fan of the club, but the fans you do find, do know their football more than most MAN U and REAL fans.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
juve is gradually promoting itself into becoming a world famous brand name,with the nike deal and tours of the USA and soon asia.

moggi'd love the extra cash:groan:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Our brand name and money is more important.

But we'll never be as big as Manyoo, they have done a fantastic job. They're everywhere, they have a signed cooperation agreement with the Yankees, which promotes them quite a bit in the US.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Our brand name and money is more important.

But we'll never be as big as Manyoo, they have done a fantastic job. They're everywhere, they have a signed cooperation agreement with the Yankees, which promotes them quite a bit in the US.
Yeah, but if next year MU doesn't make it to the CL quarters and finishes 3rd in England- this will change. Not too many people would like to spend $100 on a jersey of a team which does not win, (except people like us- the fans).

Aug 1, 2003
That I'd love to agree with. We'd get money and all with our promoting plans, but it's good not to be too big as we could keep a basis of true fans rather than glory hunters.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
:LOL::LOL::LOL: I like us the way we are-it's better to be a fan of a great team that isn't as well than an OK team with a good marketing department ;) it shows that we are not just jumping on the bandwagon

Sep 14, 2003
Football clubs can no longer operate as they did in the past, where attendance money alone could more or less pay the players their wages.

Do I like it? No Can I accept that it's for the good of the club? Yes.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
Football clubs can no longer operate as they did in the past, where attendance money alone could more or less pay the players their wages.

Do I like it? No Can I accept that it's for the good of the club? Yes.
as long as they dont raise ticket prices

not that i can go at this moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)