Shoes! (7 Viewers)

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
guys these shoes are super awesome!! i just have a question, how do u care for these shoes with all the snow, melted snow, plus the anti icing they spray on the streets?? i'm looking at these boots and the only thing i am thinking about is how would they survive here in Moscow, when sadly the streets mud up when it snows or when the snow actually melts ( which lets be honest is from December all the way to mid march). what i love is that they look slim ( not chunky boots :D ) god forbid while you are ordering your boots you don't pay attention to the soles being leather... :D its bye bye after the first wear.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@Klin

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Workb...sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=2010&gridsize=3

Is these any good comfort wise you think? I'm looking for new black shoes to wear at work, its very cheap (26 euros) so I should get it just as backup anyways, but not sure if they would be comfortable or light enough to move around constantly with in doors (seems bit high, but my fault for clicking on boots).

Should skip on that (atleast for work, prolly gonna buy it just to add to collection, its dirt cheap lol), prefer more like this work wise

image1xl.jpg

Or this

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Btw I rarely if ever shop shoes online, not allways sure you will get the comfortable fit and size you could get if you just tried it out at store. But Asos is having quite the sale so browsing.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #427
    I think you misread this for a gym thread. :D

For football or gym I don't care if it's white. But for going out or work white color generally blows for shoes.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I recall, but i cant remember whom, a black jazz player, in a white suit, wich classic white shoes who had a bit of weaving at the front and a glossy black heel. Pretty nice but you dont see them anymore

Bit like this, but with the weaving and white color

Bit like the gloss of tapshoes

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Adipower, best "elevated heel" weightlifting shoes on the market, look best in white imo

Way to expensive, sadly
    You don't want your heals to be elevated when you're squatting, deadlifting, lunging etc. You want your heal to be as close to the ground as possible. A lot of people I know wear boxing boots. They'd be cheaper and better looking than those.

Anyway, these are my go-to shoes at the moment http://www.gluestore.com.au/adidas-...m3tgGDVNn2K9sv3sDV0qYbmHETgMZxjwM2hoC4C3w_wcB

Love 'em.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #431
    I don't even own a suit at the moment. But I had to buy one it would be black > gray > dark blue, in that order. I'd run away from white as far as possible.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    @Klin

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Workb...sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=2010&gridsize=3

Is these any good comfort wise you think? I'm looking for new black shoes to wear at work, its very cheap (26 euros) so I should get it just as backup anyways, but not sure if they would be comfortable or light enough to move around constantly with in doors (seems bit high, but my fault for clicking on boots).

Should skip on that (atleast for work, prolly gonna buy it just to add to collection, its dirt cheap lol), prefer more like this work wise

image1xl.jpg

Or this

image1xl.jpg

image1xl.jpg

Btw I rarely if ever shop shoes online, not allways sure you will get the comfortable fit and size you could get if you just tried it out at store. But Asos is having quite the sale so browsing.
    I like the last one best, but they don't seem the most comfortable pair ever. :D

If it's a must that they're super comfortable for work, I'd avoid shopping online.

I don't even own a suit at the moment. But I had to buy one it would be black > gray > dark blue, in that order. I'd run away from white as far as possible.
    Don't ever buy a white suit. Ever.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    You don't want your heals to be elevated when you're squatting, deadlifting, lunging etc. You want your heal to be as close to the ground as possible. A lot of people I know wear boxing boots. They'd be cheaper and better looking than those.

Anyway, these are my go-to shoes at the moment http://www.gluestore.com.au/adidas-...m3tgGDVNn2K9sv3sDV0qYbmHETgMZxjwM2hoC4C3w_wcB

Love 'em.
    Thats wrong. The majority of powerlifters use elevated heels to improve their squatform and get depth more easely. Ive switched to heels in februari, and it excellent.
    For deadlifting and lunges its offcourse best to have a rigid unbendable flat sole.

Last IPF world championship 80%+ was wearing eighter Adidas Adipowers or Nike Romaleos during the squat.

The shoes you listed are good for boxing, but pretty bad for squats, lunges and deadlifts, because the heel is far to soft, not rigid, not enough elevated for squat and to elevated for deadlift.

Wich is the reason they cost 80 dollars, and Adipro's and Romaleos 2 cost 200 dollars

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I prefer an all black suit with black shoes, and all white, black or red tie tbh.

White isnt fitting me. Tried grey and chrome, but that was not going well eighter

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I do all these totally barefoot.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I like the last one best, but they don't seem the most comfortable pair ever. :D

If it's a must that they're super comfortable for work, I'd avoid shopping online.
    I already have uncomfortable black/brown shoes for suits/special events, so I'm searching for something that is more casual and comfortable despite having the similar easthetic style. Gonna browse in stores tommorrow instead of online though for proper fit (though bought those black boots, and another pair of shoes, too tempting offers :D).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)