Seydou Keita (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az24

Apr 28, 2008
first things first: I am NOT a fan of secco's!! but surely lets give him some credit for extending the contracts of Del piero, Nedved, Camo, Buffon and Trezeguet last year... surely he had some part to play in keeping our current champions!! I was particularly delighted that we managed to keep hold of Buffon and Trez as they were havily rumoured to move elsewhere after our promotion from serie b..

It remains to be seen what he can to in this summers transfer market...

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #43
    It`s from Tuttosport but anyway...

Looks like Blanc and Secco are in Spain to talk about possible signing of Keita and Capel.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    those 2 will never happen...but if they did it would be absolutely smashing...espcially Capel, the kid is really something!

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    I think the chances of signing both these players are better than the chance of signing Diego,their buy out clause isnt really high plus their president alredy mentioned if the team doesnt make it for CL he will have to entertain offers for their players. But Capel, if he comes that would means Gio and him competing for the left mid position,thus i think this news is just pure bull.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    saw some Sevilla games but didn't catch Keita so I don't know much about him. I liked Capel at the u-20 tournament.

Jack Fox

May 2, 2008
    keita impressed me. only thing is buying keita when the african cup of nations comes along both keita and sissoko will be going. what a huge gap that would be.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #51
    Maresca: Capel, Keita Could Be Excellent For Juve

Sevilla midfielder Enzo Maresca has claimed that team-mates Seydou Keita and Diego Capel would be terrific signings for Juventus…

Bianconeri manager Claudio Ranieri is planning a summer swoop for the Sevilla duo, according to Italian paper Tuttisport.

Capel, who has established himself among the most exciting prospects in Europe, could head to Turin for as little as €12 million due to a release clause in his contract, although Inter Milan are also rumoured to be gunning for the 20-year-old’s signature.

Keita has impressed since his move from French club Lens and bears a similarly measly price tag of €14 million, and the prospect of hooking up fellow Mali international Momo Sissoko might just lure the 28-year-old to the Old Lady.

Maresca insists that both Capel and Keita possess the quality and potential to succeed in Serie A, and adds that he is satisfied with his own situation in Andalusia.

I do not know anything about this, but we're still talking about two excellent players,” said Maresca. “Keita is more experienced, Capel has great room for improvement and I think that both can do well even in Italy.

“My future? I'm happy at Sevilla and I hope to be able to stay: this is the only truth.”

goal.com

The thing is that he didn`t mention Juventus.Saying playing in Italy would be good for them is like shooting in the air.Some other teams from Italy(like Inter) also some of those two.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    first things first: I am NOT a fan of secco's!! but surely lets give him some credit for extending the contracts of Del piero, Nedved, Camo, Buffon and Trezeguet last year... surely he had some part to play in keeping our current champions!! I was particularly delighted that we managed to keep hold of Buffon and Trez as they were havily rumoured to move elsewhere after our promotion from serie b..

It remains to be seen what he can to in this summers transfer market...
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about. It was Bettega who convinced Trezeguet and Buffon to sign on again after Secco's dumbass offered ridiculously low contracts to them. Same with Del Piero.

Secco deserves no credit whatsoever. NONE.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #60
    Barça Close On Keita

Barcelona are thought likely to conclude a deal for Sevilla midfielder Seydou Keita in the coming days according to reports in the Spanish media.

Keita, 28, has been one of the revelations of La Liga this season, slotting straight into the centre of Sevilla's midfield and building a large reputation for himself with a string of excellent performances throughout the campaign.

His displays have been enough to attract the attention of a number of pre-eminent European clubs, with the likes of Liverpool and Juventus said to hold an interest in the Malian midfielder.

Barcelona are also firm admirers of Keita and it seems that they are willing to pay the €14million that would trigger the release clause in his Sevilla contract and allow him to move to the Camp Nou.

'Marca' reports that the Catalan giants are all set to make their move and that Keita could even turn up at the LFP offices later today to deposit Barça's money and seal his transfer to the blaugrana.

Incoming coach Josep Guardiola is said to be keen to add greater balance to his midfield and the signing of the left-footed Keita would certainly achieve that goal.

Barça also hold an interest in Keita's current Sevilla team-mate Daniel Alves and although they are confident of getting their man, Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido indicated yesterday that the club will only sell for the right price, believed to be over €25million.

goal.com

Xabi is our only hope. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)