Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #361
    I think it's a bit late to cry wolf now. The community as you call it is ridiculously segmented and there's very little coherence and willingness to interact between the cliques. So to sound the alarm now seems a few years too late if you ask me.

The current members who want to post in NATW will do that, new members won't know about it or care. Don't see much of a problem that way.
    The problem isn't the fact the social distinctions are there. It's the fact they're pointed out. Some Jews have always formed their own cliques. Take a look at the Chassids (spelling?) in Antwerp. But the moment you ask them to wear a start, you cross a line. This password, though much less extreme, is very much the same.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The problem isn't the fact the social distinctions are there. It's the fact they're pointed out. Some Jews have always formed their own cliques. Take a look at the Chassids (spelling?) in Antwerp. But the moment you ask them to wear a start, you cross a line. This password, though much less extreme, is very much the same.
    Right, but this isn't a society in the Antwerp sense, this is just a hangout for the weirdos who want to be here.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #363
    Right, but this isn't a society in the Antwerp sense, this is just a hangout for the weirdos who want to be here.
    I'd say it's even more dangerous. The internet was always supposed to be free of limits.

Beh, perhaps I should stop debating about it in a serious way. We all know what it is anyway: a place where Pado can jerk off, Andy can talk about patriottism and Bürke can jerk off while talking about patriottism without Seven giving them the look. But it would have made more sense banning me from that particular thread than excluding everyone.

No offence to you Pado, you're okay.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I think you're making too much of it. Any halfwit can set up a forum, there's no obligation for communities to be all inclusive either. There are plenty of them that discriminate in one way or another.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #365
    I think you're making too much of it. Any halfwit can set up a forum, there's no obligation for communities to be all inclusive either. There are plenty of them that discriminate in one way or another.
    Again: the big objection here is that the cliques are getting smaller and smaller. This is already a forum that focusses on Juventus fans, no need to make the selection criteria any harder. You end up having no discussion at all, because everyone shares the same opinion. The whole idea goes directly against what the term "Forum" or "Agora" has always stood for.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I agree with Seven, but I have to say that the majority of the members of this forum don't care about what's happening in that thread. So, it won't really matter if it's hidden or not...
    Exactly.

So this is where the action is now?
    I thought that the action is the whole forum.

I think this thread should be closed. overrated thread.
    Don't post in it, there is no reason to close it.

Hey,

Can anybody tell me why each time somebody posts something in the hidden thread, a message arrives to my email to tell me who posted??:pumpkin:
    You're subscribed to it :D

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #368
    Anyways, I apologise for my post in the NATW-thread, but I had to annoy that gloating Vinnie. Back to more serious issues..

Perhaps we should create our own powerful thread to compete with the NATW thread and keep the powers balanced.

Oh wait...

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #369
    :rofl:

We got a rat in the house :D

In anycase, good that you got the password, so this whole saga could end...or not?
    No, not really. I still find the thing to be ridiculous and it pains me to see such social segregation on an internet forum, the most public of all media.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    No, not really. I still find the thing to be ridiculous and it pains me to see such social segregation on an internet forum, the most public of all media.
    Not that I agree with the locking. But, pain, saddens, worries ....blah blah blah...the Internet is full of locked up stuff everywhere, give it a rest.

If you want real freedom go here :D:D

Oh and why are you quoting me here for something I said there?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #371
    Not that I agree with the locking. But, pain, saddens, worries ....blah blah blah...the Internet is full of locked up stuff everywhere, give it a rest.

If you want real freedom go here :D:D

Oh and why are you quoting me here for something I said there?
    Because I refuse to partecipate in such a thread, even if I can. If people do stuff like this, they should have the decency not to call it a forum anymore. Not that I care so much, but I think the institution "forum" really is something and this is just rape.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Because I refuse to partecipate in such a thread, even if I can. If people do stuff like this, they should have the decency not to call it a forum anymore. Not that I care so much, but I think the institution "forum" really is something and this is just rape.
    Tell me honestly, exactly 24 hours ago, when the NATW was locked, and you logged in and found a PM from Andy or Vinny giving you the password, would you have made all this fuss?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #375
    Tell me honestly, exactly 24 hours ago, when the NATW was locked, and you logged in and found a PM from Andy or Vinny giving you the password, would you have made all this fuss?
    Most definitely. But I would probably have used the NATW-thread to do so.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #376
    Funny though: they actually make a password protected thread to ban me, but all they talk about in thread is me.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #379
    first someone would have to become a mod, given that the mods here tend to close anything in disagreement with andy :D
    That's true. Alternatives are few here. We could try to lure an already existing mod. How about Jack? He's always in for a laugh.

But if we are going down this road, we'll probably end up siging non-mod agreements within a few years.

Eddy

The Maestro
    Aug 20, 2005
    Of course it is. But that's not my point. My problem is far more abstract than that. The real issue at hand is whether or not you want to create an online community that bears such obvious social distinctions, which is IMO disgusting. It's like they say in the Simpsons: "no Homers allowed". Makes you realise how sad some people are really.
    i know what you mean, its why i dont bother going to that thread anyway..it wasn't interesting one bit either, just some inside jokes which i thought were pretty lame

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)