Seven against the world (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Most definetly the thread is getting more attention than it deserves....Personally it just bugs me that I can't see everything that goes on the forum. I probably wouldn't even notice it's hidden, if it wasn't for this thread, but that doesn't make it right. I want democracy. :stuckup:

LOL, is there some initiation test one must pass in order to be accepted in the secret society? How exactly will this work, I'm curious, will new members ever be accepted in DA THREAD?
:howler:

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others,sound familiar Vlatko?Democracy is a myth when it comes to this little dictatorship!

Nobody makes a financial contribution to this forum, so I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Most definetly the thread is getting more attention than it deserves....Personally it just bugs me that I can't see everything that goes on the forum. I probably wouldn't even notice it's hidden, if it wasn't for this thread, but that doesn't make it right. I want democracy. :stuckup:

LOL, is there some initiation test one must pass in order to be accepted in the secret society? How exactly will this work, I'm curious, will new members ever be accepted in DA THREAD?
Call the White House, they are being very generous about that lately.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #345
    Actually, there are three members I can name who sign in just to post in that thread. But you wouldn't know that because you don't really know much about anything.

And if anybody here has a problem with the thread being password protected, aim your criticism at Jack who was the person who made it happen.
    That may very well be, but I'm sure I'm among the top 20 posters in that thread. I am one of the regulars as well. But that's not even the point. We all know what this is really about. The Americans want their own little space.

And you had it to begin with. All what was ever interesting about the NATW thread was the debate that was going on. Now you can just debate with fellow Americans about the NFL. Just like you can do in .. well, the real world. You took away the only thing that makes an internet forum worthwhile.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Actually, there are three members I can name who sign in just to post in that thread. But you wouldn't know that because you don't really know much about anything.

And if anybody here has a problem with the thread being password protected, aim your criticism at Jack who was the person who made it happen.
    I wasn't talking about the regular posters of the thread, I meant people who read the forums without posting and without being members. Again, some posters here think that these people create memberships just to post in the NATW.

Me myself hasn't got any problem for it being passworded or not, it is just my opinion.

Edit: By the way, I hope you're now feeling much better after spitting it out. :rofl:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #348
    The whole problem is that this way you're creating smaller and smaller and smaller cliques until you notice that everyone around you thinks what you think. Other opinions are filtered out. Hey, guess who did that in your American fantasy, guys: communists! :weee:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #349
    BTW, this hasn't gotten anything to do with this all, but I was appalled by something Chxta said a while back: he did NOT start the Official Del Piero thread. I started it, but all other threads about DP got merged and somehow Chxta's name appeared under it. So no, Chxta, you didn't add anything to the forums.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Don't you got a password protected laptop?
    Nope actually.

:howler:

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others,sound familiar Vlatko?Democracy is a myth when it comes to this little dictatorship!

Nobody makes a financial contribution to this forum, so I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about?
    Point is we're all regular users here, there is no different user classes and there never were. You have users and staff, that's the only distinction between members on this forum, there's a hidden mod forum that's not visible to non-staff users and that's perfectly fine. Who elected the people that are allowed in that thread? Perhaps I'm logging into the forum every day just to read that thread, I just never bothered posting in it. Now I'm deprived of the only pleasure in my life.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    That may very well be, but I'm sure I'm among the top 20 posters in that thread. I am one of the regulars as well. But that's not even the point. We all know what this is really about. The Americans want their own little space.
    That's really not true at all... the password has been given to people such as Martin, sateeh and several others who are not American. So no, it's not about that. Try again.

And you had it to begin with. All what was ever interesting about the NATW thread was the debate that was going on. Now you can just debate with fellow Americans about the NFL. Just like you can do in .. well, the real world. You took away the only thing that makes an internet forum worthwhile.
    And that's not really the case at all. So lets be honest here..

The real truth of the matter here, Seven, is just that you're upset you cannot post in that thread.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Hey Andy, what is the purpose of locking it anyway? Is it only to block Seven?
    I'm really indifferent to the whole matter of having a password, but the whole purpose is that before people such as The Playa, GilJuve, Seven and others started posting in there, it was by far the best debate thread on the whole forum. But now it has really been deteriorating for a while. I believe full well that the deterioration of that thread is one of the reasons why people such as Sergio do not post here anymore.

To be honest, I'd rather have a guy like Sergio back instead of letting newcomers in.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The 'American' thing is a red herring. If anything, the people who complained about other posters in that thread were mostly miffed by 'newbies' that would step in with no regard for the other posters and clutter it up with stuff that was irrelevant to even that thread's irrelevance. (If that makes any sense.)

If you said it was "old skool vs. new skool", you'd have been closer.

That said, I'm really not so sure the password thing is a good idea myself. :confused2 But maybe there are other motivations I hadn't considered yet...

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #356
    I'm really indifferent to the whole matter of having a password, but the whole purpose is that before people such as The Playa, GilJuve, Seven and others started posting in there, it was by far the best debate thread on the whole forum. But now it has really been deteriorating for a while. I believe full well that the deterioration of that thread is one of the reasons why people such as Sergio do not post here anymore.

To be honest, I'd rather have a guy like Sergio back instead of letting newcomers in.
    I've been posting in it ever since 2004, you nitwit.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #357
    Hey Andy, what is the purpose of locking it anyway? Is it only to block Seven?
    Of course it is. But that's not my point. My problem is far more abstract than that. The real issue at hand is whether or not you want to create an online community that bears such obvious social distinctions, which is IMO disgusting. It's like they say in the Simpsons: "no Homers allowed". Makes you realise how sad some people are really.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #358
    The 'American' thing is a red herring. If anything, the people who complained about other posters in that thread were mostly miffed by 'newbies' that would step in with no regard for the other posters and clutter it up with stuff that was irrelevant to even that thread's irrelevance. (If that makes any sense.)

If you said it was "old skool vs. new skool", you'd have been closer.

That said, I'm really not so sure the password thing is a good idea myself. :confused2 But maybe there are other motivations I hadn't considered yet...
    Oh I didn't realise the NATW has existed for over 10 years. Yes, you're right, my first post only dates three years back. I'm a newbie.

And that's not the point either.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #359
    Could a mod put this together, I totally forgot about the multiquote function.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Of course it is. But that's not my point. My problem is far more abstract than that. The real issue at hand is whether or not you want to create an online community that bears such obvious social distinctions, which is IMO disgusting. It's like they say in the Simpsons: "no Homers allowed". Makes you realise how sad some people are really.
    I think it's a bit late to cry wolf now. The community as you call it is ridiculously segmented and there's very little coherence and willingness to interact between the cliques. So to sound the alarm now seems a few years too late if you ask me.

The current members who want to post in NATW will do that, new members won't know about it or care. Don't see much of a problem that way.

Juventuz is in a big way something different to anyone, except those who sign in for Juve. It's been like that for ages.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)