Serious Discussion Regarding Racism (11 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A few months ago, a few posters expressed a concern that the forum was running rampant with racist overtones. These posters, who will remain anonymous, stated that this forum has always had a problem with racism and all the ill-feeling towards the players of color who left Juventus over the summer was nothing more than racism. While these concerns were expressed, no actual discussion was held regarding this supposed problem.

When players such as Emerson and Thuram were pondering the exit of Juventus during the last season, terms such as mercenary were used to describe the former. After their departures, more ill-feeling was directed towards these players, especially Thuram for his comments regarding Juventus. During the actual discussion, a few posters labeled others, including myself, racists for having a dislike for the aforementioned players. Now after a few months vacation this discussion is seemingly working its way back into the boards, with the recent posts of a couple members.

So is there really a problem with racism on this forum? Personally, I don't really see a problem here, however I wanted others to weigh in on the subject. Considering we have such a diverse melting pot of posters from all over the Globe, I find it rather strange only a few see such a problem. Labeling someone a racist just because he happens to call a dark-skinned player a mercenary doesn't really make sense to me, as there have been mercenaries of almost all races documented in the history books.

If people truly see a problem it needs to be addressed... instead of just a few people calling other racists for no apparent reason.

Buy on AliExpress.com

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I dont think the forum has a problem with Racism.Though by Racism im refering to skin colour only.However,i do think the forum does seem to have problems with issues relating to religion.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I dont think the forum has a problem with Racism.Though by Racism im refering to skin colour only.However,i do think the forum does seem to have problems with issues relating to religion.
:agree: slightly
As for racism, I dont think calling a player "mercenary" is a racism...at least in our forum...
Like we called Emerson and Thuram mercenaries, we did with Ibra!!!

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
I think racism its such a fragile subject that the word racism has lost its definition eg sometimes you may not like a certain individual who might just happen to be of a diffrent race as you are and some people may think you are a racist.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Absolutely. I cannot keep my fascistic notions to myself anymore.
Hell, I even understand your frustrations about Rossi. When I say nationalism is a problem I am, for the most part and it is of course a bit more difficult than that, talking about Eastern Europeans.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
ibra, thuram, emerson - generally disliked
cannavaro, zambrotta, mutu - generally still liked

in the squad
trezeguet - none seems to care
zebina - kind of hated
kovac/tudor - people seem to prefer other players

And all the white players are actually quite loved in our squad.

perhaps there is something to it.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Hell, I even understand your frustrations about Rossi. When I say nationalism is a problem I am, for the most part and it is of course a bit more difficult than that, talking about Eastern Europeans.
Their voting patterns in politics are a little disturbing, aren't they? I understand they prefer staying away from the left, which they associate with communism, but...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, you would think that if they wanted to stay away from the left because it reminded them of Stalin, they wouldn't consider the far right a better option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)