Serie B Season Point : Arezzo - Juventus [05-19-2007] (4 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused regarding howcome Juve would be secured a promotion spot if we win this game, regardless how Genoa and Napoli do?

I can't get the numbers right........
napoli and genoa have to play eachother so they cant both get maximum points from remaining fixtures..... if 3rd place is 10 points ahead of 4th there is no play offs and top 3 go up

hope that helps...

kitno

May 1, 2007
Arezzo is in a very good form the laat matches. But we are quality much better then them. We want pay back for the first match this season against Arezzo. Serie A we are almost back. The next years we will dominate the Serie A. Back to the past for Internazionale. No scudetto for Milano squadras. Scudetto's for magica Juve

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
wtf ? nooooooooooooooooo i dont have ART, i removed it when juve went to B
and how the hell are ART showing this match ? when did they get the rights ?
When I read the thread I just posted from the Kooora forums, someone said that they still don't have the right to broadcast the Serie B. They only bought the right to Arezzo's home matches, as they can reach an agreement with some clubs on their own.

But, it seems to me as if it is a trick by the ART to lure some subscribers by giving them some hope that they might have captured the broadcasting rights of the Serie A for the next season.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
When I read the thread I just posted from the Kooora forums, someone said that they still don't have the right to broadcast the Serie B. They only bought the right to Arezzo's home matches, as they can reach an agreement with some clubs on their own.

But, it seems to me as if it is a trick by the ART to lure some subscribers by giving them some hope that they might have captured the broadcasting rights of the Serie A for the next season.
hmm...

to subscribe, or not too subscribe ...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
hmm...

I subscribed just for the Champions League, but if you don't mind and you just want the Serie A, so don't subscribe before everything becomes clear. We'll be sure which league on which package before the start of the season, don't worry. :wink:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

hmm...

I subscribed just for the Champions League, but if you don't mind and you just want the Serie A, so don't subscribe before everything becomes clear. We'll be sure which league on which package before the start of the season, don't worry. :wink:
this doesnt look good to me to be honest. i dont want art to take seria A i am happy with jsc +1 and+2. by the way art will try to take th eleague from jsc +1 bec they got trashed by showtime who bought the rights for thr epl!! :D so poor art they got screwed.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
this doesnt look good to me to be honest. i dont want art to take seria A i am happy with jsc +1 and+2. by the way art will try to take th eleague from jsc +1 bec they got trashed by showtime who bought the rights for thr epl!! :D so poor art they got screwed.
It doesn't really matter, bro. The most important is that we'll watch Juventus and Serie A. I sway towards Al Jazeera too, but I'm sick of that jackass aka Hisham El 7'alsy who knows shit about football. Besides, ART has 6 channels compared to Al Jazeera that has only 2.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
napoli and genoa have to play eachother so they cant both get maximum points from remaining fixtures..... if 3rd place is 10 points ahead of 4th there is no play offs and top 3 go up

hope that helps...

My math:

Before game 39:

Juve 79
Genoa 73
Napoli 71

If Juve (and Genoa/Napoli) win game 39, they enter game 40 with:

Juve 82
Genoa 76
Napoli 74

Let's say Juve stop winning after that and genoa/Napoli win game 40 and 41:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 80

Then if Juve still don't win game 42, and Genoa beat Napoli:

Juve 82
Genoa 85
Napoli 80

--> Juve and Genoa get promoted

If Genoa draw Napoli:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 81

__> Juve and Genoa get promoted

If Napoli beat Genoa:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 83

So, Juve and Genoa get the same points. Is it because of our outstanding goal difference that we'll get promoted instead of Genoa? Or because Juve beat Genoa in the league match before??

And Mantova are at 61 now, so if they win all the 4 matches thay be at 73 points, meaning Juve wouldn't lead them by 10 points and a ply-off is required??

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
My math:

Before game 39:

Juve 79
Genoa 73
Napoli 71

If Juve (and Genoa/Napoli) win game 39, they enter game 40 with:

Juve 82
Genoa 76
Napoli 74

Let's say Juve stop winning after that and genoa/Napoli win game 40 and 41:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 80

Then if Juve still don't win game 42, and Genoa beat Napoli:

Juve 82
Genoa 85
Napoli 80

--> Juve and Genoa get promoted

If Genoa draw Napoli:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 81

__> Juve and Genoa get promoted

If Napoli beat Genoa:

Juve 82
Genoa 82
Napoli 83

So, Juve and Genoa get the same points. Is it because of our outstanding goal difference that we'll get promoted instead of Genoa? Or because Juve beat Genoa in the league match before??

And Mantova are at 61 now, so if they win all the 4 matches thay be at 73 points, meaning Juve wouldn't lead them by 10 points and a ply-off is required??

First, it is because of our GD that we would get promoted instead of genoa, not because we beat them. Second, if mantova win out and end on 73 points with juve and genoa finishing on 82 points, we wouldn't play in the playoff because of our GD. We would then finish 2 and genoa would have to play in the playoff. That is why if we win our next game against arezzo we would automatically get promoted. (either in 1st or 2nd)

We play mantova (at home), bari (away), and spezia (at home). What are the chances of us not getting any points from those 3 matches? It will be the shock of the century if we lose 2/3, nevermind all 3.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
So, the conclusion is derived from the UNLIKELINESS of Genoa to catch up with our GD in 4 games...

I know I know....just we are having this debate on our local forum with this guy saying that mathematically we won't be 100% sure whether we'll get promoted even if we beat Arezzo.

I guess he's right then.

But boy it's funny that all the media and even our own club never mentioned that condition...

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
and Conte's Arezzo will get very close to relegation if we beat them, but their closest relegation contenders Mantova and Verona are playing away , so... they'll get their chance in the next matches to save themselves from C.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
So, the conclusion is derived from the UNLIKELINESS of Genoa to catch up with our GD in 4 games...

I know I know....just we are having this debate on our local forum with this guy saying that mathematically we won't be 100% sure whether we'll get promoted even if we beat Arezzo.

I guess he's right then.

But boy it's funny that all the media and even our own club never mentioned that condition...

He's right, even if we beat arezzo we wont be mathematically promoted. But with a 27 GD edge I feel pretty confident.... :D

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
and Conte's Arezzo will get very close to relegation if we beat them, but their closest relegation contenders Mantova and Verona are playing away , so... they'll get their chance in the next matches to save themselves from C.

You probably meant modena not mantova, because mantova is in 4th :eyebrows:

With verona playing away to mantova, and modena playing napoli, I dont think arezzo will lose much ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)