Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (35 Viewers)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
giovanotti said:
Jack,what did he say?

Buffon: “A wake-up call”

“I believe I made some good saves, but on the other hand that’s exactly what I stayed in Turin to do, to help Juventus out with my performances”. Gigi Buffon, who made at least two fantastic saves away at Rimini, gave a wake-up call to his team: “We didn’t approach things in the right way; we weren’t the usual Juve, with the qualities of a top side but a provincial mentality. Today we only had quality. We are men and these things happen sometimes, even if this result is something of a wake-up call for us. We need to have the strength to approach this championship intelligently, as here no-one gives anything away”.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Morra10 said:
Buffon: “A wake-up call”

“I believe I made some good saves, but on the other hand that’s exactly what I stayed in Turin to do, to help Juventus out with my performances”. Gigi Buffon, who made at least two fantastic saves away at Rimini, gave a wake-up call to his team: “We didn’t approach things in the right way; we weren’t the usual Juve, with the qualities of a top side but a provincial mentality. Today we only had quality. We are men and these things happen sometimes, even if this result is something of a wake-up call for us. We need to have the strength to approach this championship intelligently, as here no-one gives anything away”.
Thanx Morra.

Nice words from our Gigi!!!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
giovanotti said:
Ok,but how many errors KOvac made last year(none),while Boumsong made numerous.

actually kovac made some errors, not that im calling him bad, but he almost scored passed abbiati, just thank god he shot wide, and there was that error in the supercup against inter last year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I know most of you think Boumsong fucked up and he no doubt did, but Kovac's challenge was also poor to say the least. He came in with his right leg where every player knows he would have had a better chance blocking the ball coming in with his left.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Seven said:
I know most of you think Boumsong fucked up and he no doubt did, but Kovac's challenge was also poor to say the least. He came in with his right leg where every player knows he would have had a better chance blocking the ball coming in with his left.
spot on

this was mostly due to the lack of understanding between the two.Why were they standing too close to eachother anyway

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Seven said:
I don't think Kovac made the mistake, he was put in a very tough situation by Boumsong.

Yes Kovac didn't get the block but its not like he's 100% suppose to make the block.

BOOsong??It was a terrible debut, I mean 2 FATAL MISTAKES ON his debut???? Jeez man, THATS MUCH WORSE THAN ZEBINA.

The first one he was bailed out by Buffon whoo made a spectacular save, but the second, Kovac just didn't have the pace to get the block, and yes, Kovac also missed a kick at the ball, but the whole situation was clearly created by Boumsong

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
sateeh said:
spot on

this was mostly due to the lack of understanding between the two.Why were they standing too close to eachother anyway
Again IMO, it was clearly Bousong's error, the ball was supposed to be his to control or posses but he just let it slip by and then at the final last second made a last ditch pass 2 Kovac which IMO actually confused and made Kovac miss kick as well.

Also, Bousong's error before that when he flicked on a cross directly towards an opponent, who was stunned but the ball deflected with pace onto the corner of Buffon's goal, luckily Buffon was wide awake, it would have been disastrous.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seven said:
Boumsong left Kovac exposed and Kovac is no Cannavaro to play well and cover the mistakes of his partner.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Jeeks said:
Boumsong left Kovac exposed and Kovac is no Cannavaro to play well and cover the mistakes of his partner.
True. I think Boumsong is indeed the main culprit here, but you have to question Kovac as well. Both his positioning and his challenge were off. I guess that's normal when your defenders don't know each other well enough though.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Boumsong created the nasty situation but Kovac was in the position to clear it with a fierce sacrificing tacle, since he knew there was noone else behind him, unlike Boumsong, it was a double mistake, both would/sould have cleared it, the one sould have tried to stop the ball, the other the attacker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)