Serie B: Rimini vs Juventus [09/09/2006] (55 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    prii said:
    Thats a discrimination because we are not modulaters or Informers!!!
    I told you to make a new serie B thread and I would sticky it. Forget it, I got the full list.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Azzurri7 said:
    I feel like crying.
    me too
    and to makes matters worst this historic day is my birthday(i hope it wont be a historic day)

anyway if things stay the same am counting on Viola to give me a birthday present by thrashing Inter

Oct 3, 2004

Rimini calcio football club s.r.l. (1912)

matr. 82515 - partita iva 02320320407

Sede: Piazzale del Popolo 1 - 47900 Rimini (RN) tel. e fax 0541785960

e-mail: [email protected]

Well. Let's get this party started.

A few "fun" facts about our opponents -

Rimini's colors:

Rimini is on the east coast, and if I'm not mistaken, is part of the Emilia-Romagna province in Italy. That means they're in the same regional "zone" (if you will) as Parma, Bologna, and Reggiana.

They play in the Stadio Romeo Neri, that holds a 10,000 capacity.

Rimini are a team on the rise...Coached by Leonardo Acori, he achieved promotion to Serie C1 in 2003, and it didn't take long for them to win the C1 B league, to achieve promotion to Serie B in 2005.

Leonardo Acori has a decent record with promoting teams, as he's promoted Gubbio and Sangiovannese both from Serie D to Serie C in the past. :smile:

Rimini narrowly escaped relegation last year by finishing 17th place @ 48 points in Serie B 2005/2006. So they've pretty much achieved last year's target, which was survival.

Their Captain is Gianluca Di Giulio who wears the #5 jersey. I think he's a defender. Here he's seen shaking hands with the Legendary Gianluca Pagliuca just before kick-off against Bologna, last season.

Their "star" player is Adrian Ricchiuti, from Argentina. Plays as an attacking midfielder, and has a commanding presence in the team. Like Di Giulio he's also serving in his 5th straight year with the club.

Matteo Brighi, is a native "Riminian". I'm not too sure if Arrigo Sacchi is also from that city in particular - if not, I know he's an "Emiliano" for sure.

EDIT (almost forgot)

Their star striker is Moscardelli -

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    sateeh said:
    me too
    and to makes matters worst this historic day is my birthday(i hope it wont be a historic day)

anyway if things stay the same am counting on Viola to give me a birthday present by thrashing Inter
    oh man, this must be really sad, your birthday and Juve playing the opener against serie b side....I wouldn't want to be in your place.

But hopefully the lads can give you a gift;)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
    Grazie Rhizoid (I think) for the great information on Rimini. It would be nice if it turns out we don't need it! I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Juve's opening game is Serie B vs. a team that barely survived B last season. And in a statium that looks like my local college (American) football stadium.

FORZA JUVE (sigh :cry: )

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
    serfaraaz said:
    r u sure juve is not appealing to the tar :eyebrows:
    this is very probable
    there was a meeting between cobolli,petrucci and rossi today and cobolli's declarations after it showed that he has the intention to retire the appeal of th tar and that he has found with rossi an agreement to reduce the penalization in B.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    engonga said:
    this is very probable
    there was a meeting between cobolli,petrucci and rossi today and cobolli's declarations after it showed that he has the intention to retire the appeal of th tar and that he has found with rossi an agreement to reduce the penalization in B.

we've been brused black and blue :( despite the fact that life is purely black and white.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Mark,

CLOSE THIS THREAD !!!!!!

it is a TOTAL jinx on us getting back into Serie A............:tdown:

we should have no match threads until we know FOR SURE where we'll be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)