[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (24 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Dont take me wrong, i agree that it was a very difficult game against a very tough team and we should be pleased by the fact that we were undefeated in a such a bad day for our roster.
Our team was really weak comparing it, to the usually roster we are using every week.
I reckon its not a great loss and it wont affect our run for the championship much,
i even bet to a straight DRAW, thats what i expected...

BUT

WHY its almost impossible to ever win such games???
We were less powerfull like usual but Napoli had a better roster than us??
If Napoli had DP,Camo,Zanetti and Buffon in their ranks and we didnt, they sould be pleased with the result?
We are used to have the best team in the field and win by our overwhelming power/skill but when things are level we dont,
this roster even had the edge over Napoli but we didnt take advantage of it,
Napoli, an inferior team managed to get away with smth more than one point from us, they should be pleased, we shouldnt...

What are we going to do next year when we will face superior, than us, teams/rosters??
We wont be able to compete Inter and Milan's rosters right away, does it means we should consider all those games already lost?
and draw all the Lazio/Roma/Fiorentina like teams??
I hope the heart-play, that a team like Napoli applies, isnt the max limit/wall for us,
i hope we can rise our game higher adapting on every situation and dont just win the easiest games, remember the hard wins against all the odds? (like the ones against Milan)
these were pretty important for the morale of the team,
i hope DD builds this team with the champion's heart, we will top serie B but we should top it the way only the greatest team in Italy should,
with the authority O'Neal owns the basket,
we ve wasted the, once in our life, opportunity to crush Napoli home, having a similar roster, only by the sheer power of our Jersey,
just a draw... an "excellent" result for our roster...
yea we CANT do more under those circumstances can we?
Thats a little too much to ask after suffering so many Lazio defeats (Salas scored a header from from 20meters on VDS),another lost UCL final (against Milan,that time), Toldo coming in our net with the ball and the keeper the last second of the game and other similar pleasures/moments our team offered to Napoli supporters and denied us...
why things should change now?
I think we are now officially adapted to serie B football...and DD continues the Capello legacy...(4-4-2, two DMs, a target man like Zala favoured in front of a forward like Bojinov,NO trident, NO playmaker, we cant win a derby without Neddy, win all the easy games draw the derbies etc etc)

A draw with the 7th rated team in serie B was the maximum we could ever get using a mixture of serie B AND serie A material...a good result...let it b...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Cronios said:
Dont take me wrong, i agree that it was a very difficult game against a very tough team and we should be pleased by the fact that we were undefeated in a such a bad day for our roster.
Our team was really weak comparing it, to the usually roster we are using every week.
I reckon its not a great loss and it wont affect our run for the championship much,

BUT

If Napoli had DP,Camo,Zanetti and Buffon in their ranks they sould be pleased with the result?
We are used to have the best team in field and win by our overwhelming power/skill but when things are level we dont,
Napoi, an inferior team managed to get away with smth more than one point from us, they should be pleased, we shouldnt...

What are we going to do next year when we will face superior, than us, teams/rosters??
We wont be able to compete Inter and Milan's rosters right away, does it means we should consider all those games already lost?
and all the Lazio/Roma/Fiorentina like teams??
I hope the heart-play that a team like Napoli applies, isnt the max limit/wall for us,
i hope we can rise our game higher adapting on every situation and dont just win the easiest games, remember the wins against all the odds? (like the ones against Milan)
i hope DD builds this team with the champion's heart, we will top serie B but we should top it the way only the greatest team in Italy should,
we ve wasted the, once in our life, opportunity to crush Napoli home, having a similar roster, only by the sheer power of our Jersey,
yea we CANT do more under those circumstances cant we?
Thats a little too much to ask after suffering so many Lazio defeats (Salas scored a header from from 20meters on VDS),another lost UCL final (against Milan,that time), Toldo coming in our net with the ball and the keeper the last second of the game and other similar pleasures/moments our team offered to Napoli supporters and denied us...
I think we are now officially adapted to serie B football...and DD continues the Capello legacy...(4-4-2, two DMs, a target man like Zala favoured in front of a forward like Bojinov,NO trident, NO playmaker, we cant win a derby without Neddy, win all the easy games draw the derbies etc etc)

A draw with the 7th rated team in serie B was the maximum we could ever get using a mixture of serie B AND serie A material...a good result...let it b...
well said mate...i agree completely with u...
I think we are officially a serie B team now :cry:
Im sorry 2 say that, but this is the truth !

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Cronios, it is obvious that we can´t make fantastic results and be a dominant team with this team roster.

Next season results will depend on our Coach, our financial situation and on our signings. We HAVE to improve our team.

With this team maximum in Serie A is 4th or 5th place. This is reality.

You have to realise that Juventus is in the worst situation in their history and that we are suffering much.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
mark83 said:
Cronios, it is obvious that we can´t make fantastic results and be a dominant team with this team roster.

Next season results will depend on our Coach, our financial situation and on our signings. We HAVE to improve our team.

With this team maximum in Serie A is 4th or 5th place. This is reality.

You have to realise that Juventus is in the worst situation in their history and that we are suffering much.
You are telling me that Juventus jersey has no special value/"weight"?
your telling me that we wont have better results than Palermo even if we were using the same material they do?
Your telling me that our players werent good enough to win such a powerfull team like Napoli at any case?

I can live with that...

but stop being so damn jubilant about this draw, it wasnt an impossible task we succed, we didnt draw Barca,
Napoli was an equal the most, not a better team at any case...it was a natural thing to happen, not a succes,even with that roster.

PS when i m saying you, i dont mean just you Mark, i mean all of the brothers being so happy with this draw.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Cronios said:
You are telling me that Juventus jersey has no special value/"weight"?
your telling me that we wont have better results than Palermo even if we were using the same material they do?
Your telling me that our players werent good enough to win such a powerfull team like Napoli at any case?

I can live with that...

but stop being so damn jubilant about this draw, it wasnt an impossible task we succed, we didnt draw Barca,
Napoli was an equal the most, not a better team at any case...it was a natural thing to happen, not a succes,even with that roster.

PS when i m saying you, i dont mean just you Mark, i mean all of the brothers being so happy with this draw.
Agreed...when was a draw a reason to be happy?!!!
we are playing under our potential !!! lets face it guys !

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I´m not happy, but I´m satisfied.

Let me ask you one question:

Would you like more to beat Napoli away and don´t get promoted OR would you like a draw with Napoli and get promoted?

BTW. We played a good game, only our poor finishing cost us the victory.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
So what does this mean if Juventus jersey has special meaning?

Nottingham Forest shirt has special meaning too, but they have crappy players!

Let´s face it - WE DO NOT have world-class players anymore!

Chiellini, Legro, Balza, Birindelli, Kovač, Boumsong, Paro, Zanetti, Marchisio and Marchionni are just AVERAGE players!

What results do you expect from them?!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
mark83 said:

Chiellini, Legro, Balza, Birindelli, Kovač, Boumsong, Paro, Zanetti, Marchisio and Marchionni are just AVERAGE players!

so dont you think its time 2 start building a competetive team for next year, starting fron winter window market?!!! promotion is almost in our hands, so we should be ready for next year's serie A !!!!

Pinturrichio

Oct 30, 2006
Cronios said:

BUT

If Napoli had DP,Camo,Zanetti and Buffon in their ranks and we didnt, they sould be pleased with the result?
We are used to have the best team in the field and win by our overwhelming power/skill but when things are level we dont,
Napoli, an inferior team managed to get away with smth more than one point from us, they should be pleased, we shouldnt...

and draw all the Lazio/Roma/Fiorentina like teams??
I hope the heart-play, that a team like Napoli applies, isnt the max limit/wall for us,
i hope we can rise our game higher adapting on every situation and dont just win the easiest games, remember the hard wins against all the odds? (like the ones against Milan)
yea we CANT do more under those circumstances can we?

great post.. really agree with you in many things.. its as if we got use to playing in serie b and we accapted a draw against napoli like a positive result.. okej given yesterdays team it wasnt bad.. but where is the juventus spirit? I mean we should be winning games like yesterday , or at least trying to win themn not settling for a draw like didi did with the formation he fielded... And further more when are we goign to move away from the 4 - 4 - 2 formation? This formation may suceed in domestic football, but it wont suceed in europe, never doess.. if u see the best teams in europe they all play different formations like 4 3 3 , 4 3 1 2, 4 2 3 1 and so on...
If juventus are playing this way because it this the best we can do, then we are going to have serioes problems to brake in the top 4 of the serie a next season..

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juve-Prince said:
so dont you think its time 2 start building a competetive team for next year, starting fron winter window market?!!! promotion is almost in our hands, so we should be ready for next year's serie A !!!!
thats not the point...OF COURSE every1 wants to see Juve sign good players...The problem is that Juve are trying to apply their Serie A winning formula to Serie B but they do not have the same world-class players to do so... I am sure if Nedved Trez Kovac and Boumsong were fit than we would not have been that please with the 1-1 draw...but with the situation at hand I feel it was a good result

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

of course i'm happy. why wouldn't i be? we drew against a good team, on their home turf which is one of the toughest not only in serie b but all of italy. you can't diminish napoli and make them look like they are pescara or something, napoli was once a great club, in a way they are fallen giants like us, and they have a 70,000 capacity stadium filled with fans and probably a better average attendance than we do, to prove that. so don't put it like that; we are juve, they are napoli. like i said once, this year napoli, genoa and brescia are our milan, inter and roma, we are not the team we were last year. not only was our whole structure changed, our roster was cut down in half. so pardon me, yes, i am pleased with a draw in a game that was the toughest of this season, just like i would be please with a draw at san siro in our normal circumestances.

as for next year, i don't know what to expect. our board said it will take us 5 years to get where we once were. and with the squad we have now, without any improvements to the current squad i dread to think what would our position be next year in serie a, certainly not a cl place. don't kid yourself we have a lot to do with this team, a lot of improvements have to be made.
this game was nothing crucial but it was a good result, and if anyone is fooling himself it is those who think this was nothing but a fine result, it's a lot more than that. we are 3 points behind the leaders and are on a good way to promotion. after we are promotoed it's gonna be another battle in serie a, a lot more tougher which i don't know how we will handle, but with the squad we have know all i can say is; we are gonna need a lot of improvements.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Draw against Napoli is nothing to be ashamed of. Typcially the between Juve vs Napoli is widely regarded as teams representing North of Italia with South - the passion runs high and there are many stakes on the table. If players are emotionally charged and motivated then there is no reason why players of lower calibre shouldnt take a result from more illustrious opposition. Beside, although I havent seen Serie B matches, from the highlights I have seen players like Calaio is probably Serie A calibre who just didnt get enough breaks in their career.

Anyway we are now only 3 points behind leaders Genoa. Considering the depth and talent of our team in relation to others it shouldnt be too difficult to take automatic promotion spot. And I am impressed by the number of youngsters Deschamp is starting bring up the ranks. As I have said, if the player Deschamp I know is still the same coach, then I cant imagine that there are many better coach for the youngsters.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
mark83 said:

In case you didnt know, this summer we were demoted to a lower league because we fixed matches. And in second league you cant have all world class players, because you cant pay them ! We have a good enough squad to win back promotion.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
our board said it will take us 5 years to get where we once were

thats what is worrying me the most !!! our current managment isnt up 2 the task!
we should spend a lot of money next year, coz a CL will be the best way 2 get our money back !
but again with this management, im really fearing the worse!!!
whats the difference between being in serie B or in the second half of A ?!!!
that would be a nightmare! we r in B coz of calciopoli but in A !!!
God save JUVE :cry:

Sep 19, 2006
our managment sucks but serie a now is not like it used to be,the clubs are all average,i think next year we will be in the first 4 for sure!! Of course we r all be hopin for the title but i think if we dint get world class players,we have no chance of winning it, we need 2 dsolid defenders,2 fullbacks & a left wing & if trzy left then we soo nedd LUCA TONI!!!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juve per sempre said:
Anyway it is better that we focus now on serie b & later we will see what happens,i think our managment has some good cash & they can get the right players next year!! miss u Moggii!!
yeah me too !
no one can replace moggi...
the problem we used 2 have the best general manager, then whoever he comes he will be disppointing for us, JUVE fans !:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)