[Serie B] Napoli - Juventus (2006-11-06) (67 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well it was a very hard game against a tough team that i would rate much better than some teams in serie A(if they played like they did last night).And guys remember we played away against 80,000 screaming napoleatans who were throwing stuff every time someone tried to throw a ball from the touchline.So a draw isnt that bad.

DD started with a 4-3-2-1 formtion, and we did well in the first half.Very solid in the back and infront there were some chances here and there.2nd half we continued controlling the midfield and the pace of the game until Alex scored that freekick. Then for like 15 mins it was just constant attacks by Napoli, and it was like eventually they were going to score if the same personnel stayed there for us. We didnt push much after their goal only some counter attacks that didnt cause any problems.

Gigi-Had a great reflex save before the Napoli goal, he couldn't do anything abt their goal though as it was from point blank range.Organised the defence well but other than that didnt have much to do.

Balza-i thought he had a solid game,he takes some blame for the goal though.Couldn't venture forward much but he had some good crosses in the first half.Overall hes doing well and getting back to his old form from last season

Chiellini-Very good solid game, great tackles,pressure and in the air.He didnt put a foot wrong all game imo.Its a big advantage for us to have someone who is very effective on two delicate positions.:tup:

Legro-He was doing well, especially in the air before he got injured.It was expected that there wasn't a great deal of understanding between him and the players, but he did well overall.Lets hope his shoulder is alrite.

Biri-He was better in the first half in RB, not the best but he was doing well. After legro got injured, he was the weakest link especially in the air.He is not a CB and he shouldnt ever be considered to play there, i would gladly play a youth player ahead of him.

paro-He had a great game imo.Excellent distribution,vision, and the occasional tough tackle.What i liked and thought was different is that he worked harder. Lets hope he builds up on this performance.

zanetti-This guy is a machine, runs and never stops.He helped the forwards a bit as well.Solid game overall.

Marchisio-everyone is chanting his name and rightfully so.Just his 2nd game, 80,000 screaming fans and he plays like hes been there for 10 years.Good skills, hard work and even has a bit of a vision and shooting there as well.MOM :tup:

Camo-played in an unfamilier role, he is not at his best when he plays there but still worked hard and tried to supply the crosses and the through pases. He was a bit isolated at most times and couldn't link up with the players next to him especially in the first half.

Alex-great free kick, simply delightful. He played a good game imo, gave the defenders a good run for their money and tried to lik with Zala as much as he could and there was some interplay between them.

Zala-He was there purely for his physical nature nothing more. He was very bad imo, he had just one or two layoffs to the incoming players in the whole game where thats essentially his role. And why the hell can't he just hold the line, he fell easily in an offside position about 3-4 times. He should've been subbed but he was still there.

DD-First time he is faced with a tacitcal decision and he failed imo. Reja got the best of him last night.He started with the right formation and players (Even Zalayeta, you need the physical presence there especially at the begining).After our goal is my problem with what happend-

Why was zebina on the bench if he wasnt going to play.We were faced with the exact scenario where zebina would get in.Legro got injured and he moves biri there???why we he could just introduce zebina there who is better in the air and with his challenges.
They were just pilling up the pressure on us and we were hanging there by a thread.

Also he saw that we need some counter attacks , zala couldn't produce that and i would've introduced Bojinov there as we could've finished the game right there with one well worked counter.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

good result, just as i predicted. it could be considered and excellent one when you look at our injury list and our starting defense. only real big miss was putting that worthless zalayeta ahead of bojinov, i still can't comprehend that choice but fine, what's here is here. we're still on the right track, first place is getting close.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

thnx for the report sateeh. i'm really pleased chiellini played such a good game in such a akward position, he has the stature of a centre back though, tall, strong, good tackling. perhaps he can work on marking and positioning, he's still young, we could get a solid cb in the future, a cover if nothing else.

i'm really surprised with marchisio's performance, i'm really glad for the guy, everyone is praising him. hopefully dd will give him some more chances.

i still can't comprehend the choice of zalayeta; strong, static and unskilful, over bojinov; fast, dynamic and skilful. a complete miss in such a game.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Alexander said:
One of these days... One of these guys will become a star... And then you'll have to eat your hat! :oops:

As it is now Juventus are gonna have a pretty easy way back to Serie A, (as you say in your signature). So why not give the young guns a shot every once in a while?? Maybe they will get really good and we would have a free quality player who would have Juve in his heart because they made him good. Eh?

What Juventus youngster has become a star in the last decade?

Think about it before you say something.

If this youngsters were Milan youngsters you would say they are crap.

You´re only saying they are good because they are Juve youngsters.

I seriously doubt I´m gonna eat my hat.

Sep 1, 2002
mark83 said:

Depends on how you define Juve youngster. A player brought through the system or a player bought in their teens?

I was the first to predict this result, so there.

I hope Napoli join us in Seria A next season.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Bianconero said:

you sure about that?

but yeah i hope so too.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
wen the sides like Genoa Napoli and Juve hit serie A back next year it will only bring back the crowds that made Serie A so great! I cant wait till next season!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Didier Deschamps had this to say following his team’s draw at the San Paolo: “We had the game under control in the first half. We did exactly what we’d decided to do and we didn’t take any risks. We continued in the same vein in the second half, but after we took the lead they began playing longer passes and we were lacking a little height at the back. We sat back and we suffered a little from fatigue. The exit of Legrottaglie caused us problems, even if De Ceglie did well when he came on, and then there was the extra boost that Napoli got from their supporters”.
On the subject of injuries, the Frenchman was asked whether he hoped to have any defenders back in time for Saturday: “It looks like Legrottaglie might have dislocated his shoulder so it seems unlikely he’ll be able to recover in such a short space of time. We’re hoping for one of either Kovac or Boumsong”.
And finally, a word or two on the youngsters: “I already said before the start of the season that De Ceglie and Marchisio were the most interesting prospects. It’s right to give experience to the younger players, otherwise when else will they get their chance? These young guys have qualities which can emerge playing along side more experienced players. They have a great future and, as a coach, it’s fantastic to be able to count on them”.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
if he was concerned about the height why didnt he introduce zebina

thnx for the report sateeh. i'm really pleased chiellini played such a good game in such a akward position, he has the stature of a centre back though, tall, strong, good tackling. perhaps he can work on marking and positioning, he's still young, we could get a solid cb in the future, a cover if nothing else.

i'm really surprised with marchisio's performance, i'm really glad for the guy, everyone is praising him. hopefully dd will give him some more chances.

i still can't comprehend the choice of zalayeta; strong, static and unskilful, over bojinov; fast, dynamic and skilful. a complete miss in such a game
ur welcome :tup:
and abt zalayeta, well i understand starting with him as we will need someone good in the air.But bojinov should've been introduced to use his pace in counter attacks and especially after seeing that zalayeta wasn't playing well.

fair enough mate u have ur opinion and i resepect it(although i dont know what u dont base it on, as u didnt see the youngesters play).

Marchisio played two top games and against good opposition.

and abt who came in from the youth, as binceonero said depends on ur definition.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
bianconero said:
Depends on how you define Juve youngster. A player brought through the system or a player bought in their teens?

I mean our Primavera Players.

But I have to apologise for saying Marchisio is crap.

He definitely isn´t crap, in fact he is our most promising midfielder, even more promising than Paro.

Good vision, technique, dribbling and a shot.

Definitely not a boring DM.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
sateeh said:
fair enough mate u have ur opinion and i resepect it(although i dont know what u dont base it on, as u didnt see the youngesters play).

Marchisio played two top games and against good opposition.

and abt who came in from the youth, as binceonero said depends on ur definition.

See previous post.

And I can tell what youngster is good only when I see him, now I´ve seen Marchisio and changed my opinion about him.

Other "promising youngsters" still need to convice me.

juvelandia

Sep 13, 2006
Bojinov, Bojinov, Bojinov... fine, the player has got talent and potential... but let`s go easy !

Over the years I have got used to one main Bojinov characteristic : coming off the bench. his will and commitment look close to zero. He seems to play his best if he is a starter. (It doesn`t necessarilymean that he does it on purpose.... it might be that he finds it easier to get in a match if he starts from the beginning). Having said that, if I remember correctly he did have his chance from the first minute against Frosinone, no ? And ?? He had one shot at goal which was unfairly disallowed... and then ??? For most of the time, if not all, he forgot he is part of a team and instead insisted on trying one-man-shows completely ignoring Trezeguet... and this when he was playing in his proper role of second-attacker. So, its not that Bojinov alone could guarantee anything more than Zalayeta, especially considering the needs of the team.

Let`s also not forget that BOTH Palladino and Bojinov ARE NOT strikers (forget descriptions from CM2007 or FM2007). They are more of a second attacker role, similar to Del Piero. So for all intents and purposes, its difficult to see a Del Piero - Palladino or Del Piero - Bojinov pair upfront (just like its difficult to see Zalayeta -Trezeguet). If anything the problem is not Zalayeta but the fact that since the day Juve sold Inzaghi and kept Trezeguet, we practically had just ONE pure striker/goal poacher in the team. To be fair, I doubt which decent striker would be ready to come and sit on the bench for a whole season wathcing Trezeguet play. Having said that, I think that tactically Zalayeta did the dirty work which was asked from him (and I think that tactically he is more disciplined than Bojinov, who has more flair though)

As for subbing Camo with Bojinov near the end : Well... have we forgotten Rimini ?? Wasn`t DD crucified for not being a good coach on that day because winning 1-0 away from home rather than protect the lead he opted to put in an attacker instead of one of the midfielders ? If Juve were behind or needing to win at all costs (such as if we were still with the -17) , then fine...putting in Bojinov or Palladino instead of Camo might have made sense... but drawing 1-1 against a Napoli team pushed by the home fans and with a defence in an emergency situation, I don`t think it would have made sense to unbalance the team at that critical time.

Zebina : In his Roma days he used to play as a central defender.... and I guess we all remember his hopeless performances in that role and his mishaps. At Juve he showed his best playing in a right fullback role... actually more for his ability to push forward than for his defending abilities. So, if I needed an emergency central defender, who would I prefer ... a player who is not naturally a CD but who played in that role when necessary and has got decent match practice... or a player who has been trying to recover from injury since July and in that role - although naturally his - hasn`t played at a decent level for years ? I would go for the former, especially considering the situation. Having said that, in this last game and a half in which he was used a central defender, I think it would be interesting to see whether it is a role which might be better for Chiellini (considering his physique and heading ability) in the future.

As for being big game chokers : well, failing to win the big games does hurt a bit... but after all this is a league... if come May I would have failed to beat Napoli and Genoa in the four games, but won 35 out of the remaining 38... and they would have managed to get draws against us but lost 6 against the other teams, I would be more than happy.... because in a league its not against who you get the points that matters... but getting the highest points total !

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Now some people in this Forum have to eat their hats for saying we will destroy Napoli, we have to win at all costs, Napoli are crap, etc...

WTF is wrong with you?

Napoli are a good team and when they play at home they are something special.

Let´s face it, we are not half of a team we were before and the game Vs Napoli was like a derby Vs Milan in Serie A.

Would you not be pleased with a draw Vs Milan at San Siro?

Anyway, we played a good game Vs strong opponent without some key players and it was a good result.

That deserves some respect. It´s a shame we lost Legro BTW.

We cannot expect that Juve wins 40 games this season and destroy all teams. This is not Football Manager.

And we ain´t dead because we drawed Vs Napoli. We are still 3 points behind the leader after only 10 games. There are 32 games left and we don´t have to be first already.

It is important to be first in June not in November.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
juvelandia said:
Bojinov, Bojinov, Bojinov... fine, the player has got talent and potential... but let`s go easy !

Over the years I have got used to one main Bojinov characteristic : coming off the bench. his will and commitment look close to zero. He seems to play his best if he is a starter. (It doesn`t necessarilymean that he does it on purpose.... it might be that he finds it easier to get in a match if he starts from the beginning). Having said that, if I remember correctly he did have his chance from the first minute against Frosinone, no ? And ?? He had one shot at goal which was unfairly disallowed... and then ??? For most of the time, if not all, he forgot he is part of a team and instead insisted on trying one-man-shows completely ignoring Trezeguet... and this when he was playing in his proper role of second-attacker. So, its not that Bojinov alone could guarantee anything more than Zalayeta, especially considering the needs of the team.

Let`s also not forget that BOTH Palladino and Bojinov ARE NOT strikers (forget descriptions from CM2007 or FM2007). They are more of a second attacker role, similar to Del Piero. So for all intents and purposes, its difficult to see a Del Piero - Palladino or Del Piero - Bojinov pair upfront (just like its difficult to see Zalayeta -Trezeguet). If anything the problem is not Zalayeta but the fact that since the day Juve sold Inzaghi and kept Trezeguet, we practically had just ONE pure striker/goal poacher in the team. To be fair, I doubt which decent striker would be ready to come and sit on the bench for a whole season wathcing Trezeguet play. Having said that, I think that tactically Zalayeta did the dirty work which was asked from him (and I think that tactically he is more disciplined than Bojinov, who has more flair though)

As for subbing Camo with Bojinov near the end : Well... have we forgotten Rimini ?? Wasn`t DD crucified for not being a good coach on that day because winning 1-0 away from home rather than protect the lead he opted to put in an attacker instead of one of the midfielders ? If Juve were behind or needing to win at all costs (such as if we were still with the -17) , then fine...putting in Bojinov or Palladino instead of Camo might have made sense... but drawing 1-1 against a Napoli team pushed by the home fans and with a defence in an emergency situation, I don`t think it would have made sense to unbalance the team at that critical time.

Zebina : In his Roma days he used to play as a central defender.... and I guess we all remember his hopeless performances in that role and his mishaps. At Juve he showed his best playing in a right fullback role... actually more for his ability to push forward than for his defending abilities. So, if I needed an emergency central defender, who would I prefer ... a player who is not naturally a CD but who played in that role when necessary and has got decent match practice... or a player who has been trying to recover from injury since July and in that role - although naturally his - hasn`t played at a decent level for years ? I would go for the former, especially considering the situation. Having said that, in this last game and a half in which he was used a central defender, I think it would be interesting to see whether it is a role which might be better for Chiellini (considering his physique and heading ability) in the future.

As for being big game chokers : well, failing to win the big games does hurt a bit... but after all this is a league... if come May I would have failed to beat Napoli and Genoa in the four games, but won 35 out of the remaining 38... and they would have managed to get draws against us but lost 6 against the other teams, I would be more than happy.... because in a league its not against who you get the points that matters... but getting the highest points total !

Do you have some relations with Jun-Hide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)