Serie B: Crotone - Juventus [19/9/06] (14 Viewers)

Oct 3, 2004
Sorry for the delay...I've had so much work to do.........anyhow, we're 2-0 up now, so enjoy the "preview" while you can :)

Address: Via Pannella, 15 - 88900 Crotone
Telephone: 0962/28919
Fax: 0962/28919
Founded: 1923
Chairman: Raffaele VRENNA
E-mail: [email protected]
Manager: ItalyElio GUSTINETTI​

Crotone fans and colors:

Juve will be making the trip to southern Italy in order to play against one of the smaller clubs in that region, FC Crotone. Basically, you have Lecce and Reggina as the main representatives of Southern Italy in Serie A. Italian football is known for it's stronger northern teams, while the teams south of Rome have always been in their shadow. Despite their extreme minnow status [al-la-Rimini] they have a hardcore faithful support - something common place in southern teams. If you watch a Reggina home game, for example, the Oreste Granillo is usually jam packed. Tonight the 10,000 capacity Ezio Scida won't be any different. Apparently the building's surrounding the stands will also have some fans looking on. If anyone notices banners that say "KROTON" that's the Greek name for the town :)

I believe their main derby rivals are Catanzaro...other derbies include Reggina, Cosenza...... In any case, I repeat, this team has a very very passionate fan-base in Italy.

The man behind the team is coach Elio Gustinetti.

Elio Gustinetti is actually from way up north, Bergamo. This is actually his first season with Crotone, while in previous years he's hasn't had any great achievements. For the past 5 years he's been coaching AlbinoLeffe [who are actually from Leffe, a town right next to Bergamo, and the main derby rivals of Atalanta...they even play in the same stadium]...He achieved with them a promotion from C1 to Serie B. His other promotion success was in 1997 with Lecco from C2 to C1.

Other than that he's enjoyed a few stints here and there in the Serie C's and B's...including Reggina, Treviso, Lumezzane.

2004/2005 was Crotone's first season in Serie B since...I'm not sure when...:oops:....but here's their celebration pics from that epic match against Viterbese in Serie C1 which made their dream come true in 2004. This is pretty much one of their greatest achievements. :)

Here's the 2006/2007 Crotone roster

GK

1 Daniele PADELLI
12 Claudio SCARZANELLA
8 Salvatore SOVIERO

DEF

21 Jamal ALIOUI
3 Simone BONOMI
46 Pierluigi BORGHETTI
23 Simone FUMASOLI
25 Luca FUSCO
24 Domenico MAIETTA
5 Francesco ROSSI

MID

4 Alfredo CARDINALE
11 Alfredo CARIELLO
6 Giuseppe FIGLIOMENI
18 Antonio GALARDO
14 Andrea GENTILE
20 Francesco GIRILLO
Julien PALMIERI
87 Nicola PETRILLI
7 Sebastien PIOCELLE
22 Ricardo Matias VERON

ATT

33 Rafel DANTE LOPEZ
10 Federico GIAMPAOLO
9 Roberto Antonio NANNI
99 Gianvito PLASMATI
13 Jaroslav SEDIVEC
32 Giuseppe TURANO

As you may notice there are some ex-Juve players here. Crotone, like I mentioned earlier, are one of Juve's satellite clubs.

Fumasoli, Maietta, Gentile, Zeytulaev [not sure if the latter is still there] are all Juve youth products.

Their team captain is number 4 - midfielder, Alfredo Cardinale.

Their "star" players include veteran striker Federico Giampaolo, who's had spells at various Serie B clubs, with a modest goal-scoring record. I couldn't find a pic of him......

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
The Link again: tvants://tracker2.tvants.com/tvants/?k=17aee544e10acf04

You need TVants (google for it).

And BOUM-BOUM-SONG BOOMS THE BALL IN THE GOAL! BOOM!

The living point deduction scores!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)