[Serie A] Verona 2-1 JUVENTUS [February 8th, 2020] (5 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If he fails to win the title then yeah, sure.

There's never a guarantee that Allegri would win it this season but that we will never know.
You never know what would happen if he stayed here. All I can say is that he completely lost the plot last season and both him and the squad looked tired of each other so the board opted for a change. Whether Sarri was the right one to replace him, we'll see at the end of the season, that's when you give the bill to the coach. So far it's been quite disappointing I'd say.
I think most of us agree that it was time to part ways with Allegri. The end of last season was one big mess. Lack of motivation, too many injuries, Max getting antagonized and quibbling with the press constantly, etc etc.

However, many of us also thought Sarri was a mistake, a one-trick pony, and having nowhere near the class usually associated with our managers. And right now, we look more like the shit end of the season than the the first 2/3 of last season when we miles ahead of where we are right now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
An attack with DC and Pipa against high pressure team it would always suck cuz they don't know how to handle tempo and hold the ball. Zone defense is a huge handicap and Mauricio isn't even consider the possibility to change it, so game over
Um I can get most critique, but Higauin is best at holding up the ball? And Costa is with Ronaldo the player that can handle playing at the highest tempo?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think most of us agree that it was time to part ways with Allegri. The end of last season was one big mess. Lack of motivation, too many injuries, Max getting antagonized and quibbling with the press constantly, etc etc.

However, many of us also thought Sarri was a mistake, a one-trick pony, and having nowhere near the class usually associated with our managers. And right now, we look more like the shit end of the season than the the first 2/3 of last season when we miles ahead of where we are right now.
So we agree on the fact Allegri's time was up. I agree it was a mess, everybody seemed tired of each other. 5 years is a very long time in football, things wear out. Allegri is a legend for sure but he had to go.

When it comes to Sarri, things don't look too well now but I'll judge at the end of the season. Now it's not the right time, everything is still up for grabs, things might change quickly.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ok so you didn't want Max fired last season. Nice to know.
Not sure how we got so badly embarrassed in CL by a team that beat Juve, Madrid, and dominated Spurs for 3/4 of their tie before burning out and was still an injury time prayer of a goal by Spurs away from playing in the CL final. Ajax was damn good last year. Pretty obvious to anyone who watched them.

- - - Updated - - -

So we agree on the fact Allegri's time was up. I agree it was a mess, everybody seemed tired of each other. 5 years is a very long time in football, things wear out. Allegri is a legend for sure but he had to go.

When it comes to Sarri, things don't look too well now but I'll judge at the end of the season. Now it's not the right time, everything is still up for grabs, things might change quickly.
:tup: Agreed. 5 years is a long time in modern football, with the internet and modern journalism, every tiny thing constantly under the microscope. He needed a break and we needed fresh motivations and ideas.

Myself, I wouldn't mind him coming back in a couple years, after a break to recharge his batteries, and for the club to reshape the squad for the next few years. I think he'd be fantastic again after a break. Kind of like Lippi's second term. But we shall see. I'd love to see how Inzaghi would do here too in a couple years.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Have you been watching our games? We're slow, predictable, and grind out results due to individual brilliance - nothing to do with the chain smoking cancerous dud on our bench. We're only top of the table for now. If we keep playing like this, we'll be a few points behind both Inter and Lazio come March. We're not on course at all - we're stuttering and sputtering.
Why are we slow and predictable? Did Sarri tell them to run slowly? Does he ask Pjanic to pass sideways all match?

Ok, we have fewer points, goals and concede more than last season but what were the second and third placed teams doing this time last year? Were they pressuring us like this year or what? Is Serie A quality better this year or not?

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
The system isn't working and unless it starts to work or he changes it we are in trouble. Far too many poor errors this season I just wonder if after all them titles the players have got the fight in them

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why are we slow and predictable? Did Sarri tell them to run slowly? Does he ask Pjanic to pass sideways all match?

Ok, we have fewer points, goals and concede more than last season but what were the second and third placed teams doing this time last year? Were they pressuring us like this year or what? Is Serie A quality better this year or not?
Second place had 52 points last year after R23, compared to 54 points this year. The difference was we were 9 points clear on 63 points.

Jun 6, 2015

We had 9 points more at this point last season. Last years Napoli would be a point behind Lazio so yes they'd be pressuring this years Juventus. Last year they had no chance as we were much better compared to this year.

Last edited:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

Im pretty sure he does ask him to do this to get he's match game touches and passes higher.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Last season:
Juve - 42:15 - 20W 3D 0L - 63pts
Napoli - 42:18 - 16W 4D 3L - 52pts
Inter - 32:16 - 13W 4D 6L - 43pts

This season:
Juve - 44-23 - 17W 3D 3L - 54pts
Inter - 48:20 - 16W 6D 1L - 54pts
Lazio - 53:20 - 16W 5D 2L - 53pts

This season is more competitive, Lazio and Inter better. Atalanta have score 61 goals and conceded 31. Inter have only lost one match to us this year but you can say they sacrificed their CL spot like Napoli did last year. We changed manager and got players that he probably doesn't care for, Conte got exactly what he wanted even if it was Young and Moses he can find a use for them. Right now I think 3-5-2 would be best for us based on form.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Um I can get most critique, but Higauin is best at holding up the ball? And Costa is with Ronaldo the player that can handle playing at the highest tempo?
Let's say that Pipa playing back to the defense isn't his best atribute. Most of the time, he lost the duels, let CB anticipate him. That's why Max use Mandzo for that.

DC don't know how to control the tempo, the way he knows how to create space in the final third ot doesn't work in the MF.

CR7 is the GOAT so he can do it all. The problem are the other two with our current MF, if noone of them knows hot to control the tempo is almost impossible to be able to control games and avoid high pressure teams

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
On paper, that 4-3-3 looks amazing but it doesn't work because Ronaldo will always go down the middle and stand on top of Higuain. Then Pjanic who we give hundreds of touches in our system, can't produce anything. Look at my first paragraphs about Sarri's Napoli.

Also, how can you comment on motivation, do you attend the training sessions?

So you think that motivating is only on training sessions eh?Bravo!What about half time period of the game,what about leading the game with constant advises,preparing the game with the players?
Also he have a zero authority towards rhe players.I remember last year when he was a Chelsea manager and Chelsea were playing in Cup final.An 18 years old keeper didn't listen to his command to go out?????I forgot his name.What else do you want.To give him 5 years and a billion eur.to win a title?He was and never be a class of a Juve coach.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Last season:
Juve - 42:15 - 20W 3D 0L - 63pts
Napoli - 42:18 - 16W 4D 3L - 52pts
Inter - 32:16 - 13W 4D 6L - 43pts

This season:
Juve - 44-23 - 17W 3D 3L - 54pts
Inter - 48:20 - 16W 6D 1L - 54pts
Lazio - 53:20 - 16W 5D 2L - 53pts

This season is more competitive, Lazio and Inter better. Atalanta have score 61 goals and conceded 31. Inter have only lost one match to us this year but you can say they sacrificed their CL spot like Napoli did last year. We changed manager and got players that he probably doesn't care for, Conte got exactly what he wanted even if it was Young and Moses he can find a use for them. Right now I think 3-5-2 would be best for us based on form.
We had 49 goals after R23 last year. Nice fake stats. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

So many excuses for Sarri. Lol. We haven’t even lost yet. Save them for when we do.

Last edited:

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@DUKAC

When it comes to authority Kepa is known to be a dickhead, he'll be sold in Summer by Chelsea.

Against Verona we lost because of 2 mistakes and the second one was too late to recover from. Yes we were unspectacular but it's not all about motivation. We don't play the system well because some of the players are uncomfortable. We were motivated all the way up to the Lazio game then what happened? Look closely at the players and formations when we played our best and worst.

@Post Ironic
https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/ita-serie-a-2018-2019-spieltag/23/
My bad, 49. The stats show that defence is our main problem, not so much goals scored.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
@DUKAC

When it comes to authority Kepa is known to be a dickhead, he'll be sold in Summer by Chelsea.

Against Verona we lost because of 2 mistakes and the second one was too late to recover from. Yes we were unspectacular but it's not all about motivation. We don't play the system well because some of the players are uncomfortable. We were motivated all the way up to the Lazio game then what happened? Look closely at the players and formations when we played our best and worst.

@Post Ironic
https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/ita-serie-a-2018-2019-spieltag/23/
My bad, 49. The stats show that defence is our main problem, not so much goals scored.
It wasn't Kepa.There are many dickheads among the players in the world: Costa,Bendtner and many others BUT I NEVER SAW in my life a player to reject his coach call for going out.That's called lack of authority.Do you think that something like that can happen with Ferguson,Conte,Mourinho and many others?No absolutely. But it happens with Sarri.Bad,bad coach in every sense.I won't change my mind about him even if we won the title.Not a Juve level coach..And his after match presses are awful."Full stomachs" and other stupidities......I think that he is already lost in this time of the season.
And our board has to take the responsibilities too.We took Ramsey who shows nothing up to now and never will and Rabiot who is nothing more than a average player.Costa is constantly injured.Selling Cancelo wasn't a bad move but not taking Danilo as a part of a deal.And Bonucci never was and never be a perfect defender.He is good only when Chiello is with him,otherwise is making his stupid mistakes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)