[Serie A] Verona 2-1 JUVENTUS [February 8th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Sarri's best Napoli had a good defense covered by 3 all round midfielders who ran hard, could create, could score and assist. On top of that, his wingers were actual wingers. I remember that game Napoli played Juve at the end of the season and they beat us, Allegri's Juve managed zero shots. Yeah they screwed up the next game when Koulibally got sent off but I don't think Sarri is that bad.

Only Bentancur can play 4-3-3. Pjanic is too passive to boss a midfield, he needs Matuidi protection and he can't pass for toffee. Its all about the right players for a system. Higuain is totally wasted so far, he's always been so dependable for us. Dybala riding the bench for what?

Juve hired Sarri wanting him to play his attacking game but it's like they had no idea about his style and system. The fact that he plays wingers and they got him Ramsey and Kulusevski tells you that our management is expecting miracles from quite a rigid guy.

For Sarri to win with us he just needs to drop his attacking philosophy and go for boring wins because he doesn't have the means to play his Napoli style. Then Juve will be upset like they were for Allegri to win without playing beautiful football so he'll get sacked. We'll get Pep and he'll fail to win the CL and he gets sacked. We need an identity and a vision of where we want to go. Nobody will succeed here unless given the correct support, I want Sarri to be given the chance to succeed at least.

He was given that chance the whole first half.His motivation skills -zero.Plan B when things went wrong-zero.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
He was given that chance the whole first half.His motivation skills -zero.Plan B when things went wrong-zero.
On paper, that 4-3-3 looks amazing but it doesn't work because Ronaldo will always go down the middle and stand on top of Higuain. Then Pjanic who we give hundreds of touches in our system, can't produce anything. Look at my first paragraphs about Sarri's Napoli.

Also, how can you comment on motivation, do you attend the training sessions?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I am genuinely worried about the scudetto.
When people say that defense wins serie A, it's based on tough facts. For example, in the last 8 years that we won the scudetto, we always had the best defense.
In the last scudetti we won under Lippi, Capello, Conte and Allegri (total of 15 scudetti), after 23 rounds we NEVER conceded more than 20 goals, and in 8 of those 15 seasons we conceded 15 or less.

Now we have 23 after 23 rounds. Do you know when in the last 20 years we conceded 23 or more after 23 rounds? In 2010/11 when we ended up 7th; in 2009/10 when we also finished 7th; in 2003/04 when we finished 3rd; and in 1998/99 when we finished 6th.
In the last 50 years, only on 1 occasion the scudetto winner conceded 23 or more after 23 rounds. It was us in 1983/84 when we had 23 after 23. Same as today. So... that's a hope.

The point is, unless we fix the defensive phase of our game, from Higuain down to Bonucci and De Ligt, we will most probably lose this scudetto. Especially since our attack isn't scoring for fun.
I’ve been genuinely worried about losing the title once Inter signed a superior coach to us and Paratici didn’t fix the issues we had in the mercato in both summer and winter.

My prediction is we have a genuine chance of finishing the season in 3rd place. Our defence is god awful, we don’t score enough goals and our coach is an idealist who sticks to one “vision” of football (that isn’t even working) and is a terrible man manager/motivator they won’t be able to get us through this current slump we’re in.

- - - Updated - - -

So many excuses for Sarri. :lol2:
It’s absolute pathetic :lol:

As poorly as this squad is built in some areas, it’s still far and away the best team in Serie A. And guess what? Allegri had key players sold EVERY season he was here and still made things work and kept the wins ticking over.

Last edited:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
At min 51 Ronaldo made a shoot that hit directly on someone's hands, inside their box.
If it was another team, or if it it was in our box, it would be instantly given as a penalty. But VAR wasn't even called and noone talked about it.
I was here at the live thread, reported it and then and there knew that the VAR team was corrupted and given the chance, they will fabricate one against us.
But considering what happened during last week, with Fiorentina and the theatrics from their leadership, who also claimed that they were robbed VS other teams, but what a coincidence, they only cried out now against us, to put a certain pressure on the refs. And create tolerance to future opposite "mistakes".

The Bonucci penalty was exactly the same case, but no press backed our case, noone never cared, as it never really happened, we let those things slide, lose games, not protest and then lose some more.
I blame our leadership for this, they have always adopted this passive role and never made any kind of claims, not even to defend our selves.
We are always pictured as the bad guys and when we are the victims, everybody, even us, looks side ways and pretend that it never happened.
The situation with those unintentional hands in the box is BS, its completely unfair and always open to interpretation. Such hands happen in every game and we're never noticed before, but now they are systematically abused against us.
We have the least given penalties from such situations and many many more against us.
Against Fiorentina we didn't even need them and all that was a sharade, just to put the pressure on us and create the circumstances that led to our defeat VS Verona.
Yes we played bad, yes we didn't deserve to win, yes Bonucci is a bad defender that always commits such mistakes and it's our fault to use him just because his manager has a strong influence.
But Verona could not beat us without that ref+VAR intervention.
The malefic intention to surgically miss our penalty, yet see theirs is not random, it always happens when it really matters and only goes our ways when we are going to win anyways.
This is how you manipulate the league, we would have won vs Fiorentina, without that second VAR penalty, it diverted attention to that, without even being unfair or decisive and when a decisive decision goes against us, noone notices!
We are in war with the refs and the abusive manipulation of the VAR system, it happens at full daylight and we don't even have the courage to call it out...

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Apparently Sarri needs the perfect team before he can be judged. FFS the man himself has said that his job is to train the squad he has and improve the players at his disposal. Alibis are for losers.
If we lose the scudetto I can’t wait for his “2nd place is also a great accomplishment, and one must find happiness with it” press conference. :weee:

- - - Updated - - -

At min 51 Ronaldo made a shoot that hit directly on someone's hands, inside their box.
If it was another team, or if it it was in our box, it would be instantly given as a penalty. But VAR wasn't even called and noone talked about it.
I was here at the live thread, reported it and then and there knew that the VAR team was corrupted and given the chance, they will fabricate one against us.
But considering what happened during last week, with Fiorentina and the theatrics from their leadership, who also claimed that they were robbed VS other teams, but what a coincidence, they only cried out now against us, to put a certain pressure on the refs. And create tolerance to future opposite "mistakes".

The Bonucci penalty was exactly the same case, but no press backed our case, noone never cared, as it never really happened, we let those things slide, lose games, not protest and then lose some more.
I blame our leadership for this, they have always adopted this passive role and never made any kind of claims, not even to defend our selves.
We are always pictured as the bad guys and when we are the victims, everybody, even us, looks side ways and pretend that it never happened.
The situation with those unintentional hands in the box is BS, its completely unfair and always open to interpretation. Such hands happen in every game and we're never noticed before, but now they are systematically abused against us.
We have the least given penalties from such situations and many many more against us.
Against Fiorentina we didn't even need them and all that was a sharade, just to put the pressure on us and create the circumstances that led to our defeat VS Verona.
Yes we played bad, yes we didn't deserve to win, yes Bonucci is a bad defender that always commits such mistakes and it's our fault to use him just because his manager has a strong influence.
But Verona could not beat us without that ref+VAR intervention.
The malefic intention to surgically miss our penalty, yet see theirs is not random, it always happens when it really matters and only goes our ways when we are going to win anyways.
This is how you manipulate the league, we would have won vs Fiorentina, without that second VAR penalty, it diverted attention to that, without even being unfair or decisive and when a decisive decision goes against us, noone notices!
We are in war with the refs and the abusive manipulation of the VAR system, it happens at full daylight and we don't even have the courage to call it out...
Wat :rofl:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
you're also talking about mental issues. i don't get why the tweet is bullshit, and your post is any different. i think that both of you expressed legit opinions.
What? Here, I question Agresti's supposed 'he's close to the club so he definitely knows' and not the actual statement which is only an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Stomachs full.
Chiello injured.
New style of football.
It's Sarri's first year.
It's like the best Serie A ever.

The sheer abundancy of excuses.
If they're not, then explain to me why Allegri's Juve was also shit and pretty much never got out of second gear last year.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
So many excuses for Sarri. :lol2:
Before the start of the season we all complained about the midfield and its still the problem, Sarri or Allegri. We're top of the table and on course to win the league. Tell me what is wrong and more than saying its Sarri's job to get them to play. Give me something tactical that he can do.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Before the start of the season we all complained about the midfield and its still the problem, Sarri or Allegri. We're top of the table and on course to win the league. Tell me what is wrong and more than saying its Sarri's job to get them to play. Give me something tactical that he can do.
Have you been watching our games? We're slow, predictable, and grind out results due to individual brilliance - nothing to do with the chain smoking cancerous dud on our bench. We're only top of the table for now. If we keep playing like this, we'll be a few points behind both Inter and Lazio come March. We're not on course at all - we're stuttering and sputtering.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
We probably complain for midfield years ago. Probably try to push the board to get him the right players for his system.

Also try to find a formation that includes our best players on the pitch. if its 4-3-3 Dybala false nine or some kind of 4-4-2./4-4-1-1
Both Ronaldo and Dybala need to be on the pitch and they will carry his ass to trophies and he can relax and smoke.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Have you been watching our games? We're slow, predictable, and grind out results due to individual brilliance - nothing to do with the chain smoking cancerous dud on our bench. We're only top of the table for now. If we keep playing like this, we'll be a few points behind both Inter and Lazio come March. We're not on course at all - we're stuttering and sputtering.
Sounds like last season in a nutshell.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sounds like last season in a nutshell.
Aside from ya know, having far less points, scoring less goals, conceding more goals, and generally being far worse than the corresponding period last year. At least this year, the having less points and therefore being locked in a scudetto battle means we likely won’t fall apart so badly in the last two months again. I hope. :scared:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What? Here, I question Agresti's supposed 'he's close to the club so he definitely knows' and not the actual statement which is only an opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

If they're not, then explain to me why Allegri's Juve was also shit and pretty much never got out of second gear last year.
Allegri is a football terrorist

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I feel like them facts keep getting ignored by a certain group of people.

They just read over it, over and over again.
:agree:

It's quite sad that they've even stopped using their favourite statistics like xGoals and xPoints because they show the same thing. We're worse this year. :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri is a football terrorist
He needs a terrorist beard. ;)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So what is the point of him?

I assume you want him fired just like you wanted Allegri last season?
If he fails to win the title then yeah, sure.

Aside from ya know, having far less points, scoring less goals, conceding more goals, and generally being far worse than the corresponding period last year. At least this year, the having less points and therefore being locked in a scudetto battle means we likely won’t fall apart so badly in the last two months again. I hope. :scared:
There's never a guarantee that Allegri would win it this season but that we will never know.
You never know what would happen if he stayed here. All I can say is that he completely lost the plot last season and both him and the squad looked tired of each other so the board opted for a change. Whether Sarri was the right one to replace him, we'll see at the end of the season, that's when you give the bill to the coach. So far it's been quite disappointing I'd say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)