[Serie A] Udinese 2-6 JUVENTUS [October 22nd 2017] (5 Viewers)

FUCK VAR

• Buffon

• Rugani

• Khedira

• Pjanic

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What a crazy game of football. But we probably needed a result like this after the weeks of poor performances in Serie A and Europe. It wasn't perfect and our defence is still too shaky for my liking, but great comeback and I love that we have so many goals in us. It's so weird to see us attack and score so much now. Happy for Rugani the most, he made some mistakes, but he should be allowed to given his lack of game time and age compared to our other defenders. He's bloody deadly on set pieces too - very handy in certain games.

Now let's hope Inter and Napoli slip-up midweek and we put SPAL to the sword.
I said it in the summer, Rugani has to be allowed to make mistakes if we are to count on him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
How could anyone liked our performance? Basically what udinese did just similar to what psg did at barca, committed seppuku, not because the winner was that good.
So because the opposition is weak, we can't credit our own game. Some logic. Barca was immense that night btw, anyone denying that is insane.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I said it in the summer, Rugani has to be allowed to make mistakes if we are to count on him.
Definitely. Defenders will inevitably make mistakes at his age, and experiencing a big run of games and forming a partnership with Chiellini will be the only way he learns the ropes. We know what we are gonna get with the likes of Benatia and Barzagli. Time to give Rugani a go and see what he can do.

- - - Updated - - -

He did not play yesterday! there was an older dude but I dunno who he is.
It wasn't Karnezis either
It was Bizzarri. Dude has been around forever, I remember him mainly from Catania.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Definitely. Defenders will inevitably make mistakes at his age, and experiencing a big run of games and forming a partnership with Chiellini will be the only way he learns the ropes. We know what we are gonna get with the likes of Benatia and Barzagli. Time to give Rugani a go and see what he can do.

- - - Updated - - -

It was Bizzarri. Dude has been around forever, I remember him mainly from Catania.
It was definitely a rather Bizzarri game @piotrr @Maddy

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
This must be the first time ever we scored 6 goals - 4 of which while we were down to 10 men. May even be a first for Serie A.

Higuain worked his socks off today and was super important for the team especially once Mandzukic got sent off.

Biggest issue I had with the performance was as soon as Mandzukic got sent off, we decided to just defend and hit on the break but we were so deep that any counter attack was never going to be successful - this just invited Udinese to control the game. This all changed once Udinese leveled at 2-2.

I get the sense we are trying so hard to find a balance to stop leaking goals that we forget that you need that attacking threat to make defending easier so long as you are not overzelous.

We still don't have the right balance yet. Hopefully we will get there soon.

I must admit, we needed a game like this. A game where we had our backs to the wall with 10 men and showed some character. There is a partial truth to Allegri's comments saying that he thannked Mandzukic for being sent off.
Really well said...we just need a minor correction in our balance

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Rugani must be allowed to make mistakes as much as we as we allowed that dick head Bonucci to make mistakes after we bought him from Bari. Nothing less and he will shine.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
My ratings:

Buffon 6,5
Lichtsteiner 6
Rugani 6
Chiellini 5,5
Alex Sandro 5,5
Khedira 7,5 MOM
Pjanić 7
Dybala 6,5
Mandžukić 5,5
Cuadrado 6,5
Higuain 6,5
Douglas Costa 6
Barzagli N/A
Bernardeschi N/A

- - - Updated - - -

Ancelotti @ Juve was quite unfortunate. We finished runners up in consecutive seasons, and both times we lost the title on the last day. Let's not forget that infamous Perugia game, which should've never gone ahead to begin with.
I agree that he was unfortunate at Juve but with the team he had he should have easily won the the Scudetti. At AC Milan he even had a stronger team.

- - - Updated - - -

Ancelotti is $#@!ing $#@!e and all reasonable members here will agree.
:agree: Can't stand him.

- - - Updated - - -

Please! The guy played a nice match without scoring. Juve wouldn't have won so decisively if he performed poorly.
Ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

We score 6 with 10 players and people are still not happy :lol: this is the worst forum ever
lol, so true.

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;922158302087254017]https://twitter.com/azkhawaja1/status/922158302087254017[/video]

:lol:
Is that our @Ahmed? :ahmed: :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of retardation on this forum is too much for me to take these days.
:tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Rugani must be allowed to make mistakes as much as we as we allowed that dick head Bonucci to make mistakes after we bought him from Bari. Nothing less and he will shine.
I want Rugani to play as much as possible, but thats DEFENITELY NOT true. The two cases arent the same, now we must be near perfect going after all titles and even draw one game after 20 wins its seen as crisis. Bonucci started off in way worse Juve where finishing 7th was the norm and we got dominated by likes of Chievo. The circumstances and pressure were quite different in the times they got a starting role. Tho the pressure to pan out is the same, infact probably worse for Bonucci who got scrutinized and berated way more starting off.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I want Rugani to play as much as possible, but thats DEFENITELY NOT true. The two cases arent the same, now we must be near perfect going after all titles and even draw one game after 20 wins its seen as crisis. Bonucci started off in way worse Juve where finishing 7th was the norm and we got dominated by likes of Chievo. The circumstances and pressure were quite different in the times they got a starting role. Tho the pressure to pan out is the same, infact probably worse for Bonucci who got scrutinized and berated way more starting off.[/QUO

Yes probably this Juve in this shape is a way more difficult for a young player like Rugani to start then that Juve for Bonucci,but Bonucci constantly made his "trade mark" errors even after we win one-two titles ,apart that he was awesome in most games the fact was that he was an error prone player .I mean we must give Rugani a chance to shine even if in some games he blew.Yesterday,apart from the goal and that assist he was shaky,had a bad positioning sometimes and had better games in our jersey overall, but will become solid as a rock if we give him more playing time no matter if he makes mistake here and there.It's part of the game.No one wants him to make mistakes but shit happens and we must go through that with him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I agree completely really, but just clarifying the obbession for perfection and pressured results are way higher now then back then.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I want Rugani to play as much as possible, but thats DEFENITELY NOT true. The two cases arent the same, now we must be near perfect going after all titles and even draw one game after 20 wins its seen as crisis. Bonucci started off in way worse Juve where finishing 7th was the norm and we got dominated by likes of Chievo. The circumstances and pressure were quite different in the times they got a starting role. Tho the pressure to pan out is the same, infact probably worse for Bonucci who got scrutinized and berated way more starting off.

Also, Rugani has had two seasons under his belt in which the circumstances were perfect for him to grow. I think it's only fair to expect a lot more from him now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
My ratings:

Buffon 6,5
Lichtsteiner 6
Rugani 6
Chiellini 5,5
Alex Sandro 5,5
Khedira 7,5 MOM
Pjanić 7
Dybala 6,5
Mandžukić 5,5
Cuadrado 6,5
Higuain 6,5
Douglas Costa 6
Barzagli N/A
Bernardeschi N/A
A mid scores 3 goals in a big victory and he gets 7.5? What is it needed to get 9 or a 10?

We score 6 with 10 players and people are still not happy :lol:
If you are happy with a 6 goals victory then why are your ratings so low?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Also, Rugani has had two seasons under his belt in which the circumstances were perfect for him to grow. I think it's only fair to expect a lot more from him now.
Yep his inclusion to Juve fold is the opposite of baptism by fire, like Bonbon had. It's good to carefully grow him as we have, less pressure and negativity from expectations. Tho defenitely needs to get the opportunity now.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Allegri said that this sort of win was what Juve needed. "The players needed to suffer" hopefully he is right and we start seeing some better performances

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
A win's a win but our defence is in shambles. The entire team doesn't move correctly as a unit in defence. The CM's provide very little defensive cover as well, watching Khedira chase a player down is like watching a cripple on walking stick in a 100m race.

10 goals conceded this season already, and 4 in the UCL. We could only realistically improve the defence slightly with the current Roster. Barzagli is was past it, RB is like having one player less on the field, no matter who we field there, and there is no organising leading CB, Chiellini is simply an all action defender.

As for our attack, our only real spark atm is Cuadrado, he's been in solid form lately. Higauin has completely lost his confidence and Dybala has faded away.
I agree with what you're saying but I'll play devils' advocate. Defense indeed is playing below average but biggest + with Bonucci was IMO not him being a defensive STAR but playing as an successful unit with Chiel and Bazra. Defense needs a set unit and hopefully right now Rugani, Chiel, and Sandro make up 3/4 of it going forward this year.

And let's put numbers to the 10 you say but I think it's 9 league goals given up so far. Last year Juve had a +50 (77-27) goal differential in serie play. This year +18 (27-9) after 9 matches and on pace for a +75 goal advantage. Don't imagine it will reach that number especially since we haven't played all the top tier squads.

That said the supposedly offensive additions provided from the summer mercato have yet to produce much at all. And still a superior offensive goal production this year so far compared to 2016-17. Trying to look at it glass half-full thinking if the offensive attack continues at close to this pace or hopefully gets better the defense won't need as much improvement as people think.

Probably not many agree with this idea but still think Cuads could be that missing RB piece along with Howedes when (if) he gets back to proper health. He saved Licht's butt yesterday coming back to the ball. I was expecting to see plenty of Costa/Berna up front and so far not happening and maybe won't be as productive as expected but they need more playing time to find out.

:flag1:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
A mid scores 3 goals in a big victory and he gets 7.5? What is it needed to get 9 or a 10?
Do your own ratings.

If you are happy with a 6 goals victory then why are your ratings so low?
Once again, do your own ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with what you're saying but I'll play devils' advocate. Defense indeed is playing below average but biggest + with Bonucci was IMO not him being a defensive STAR but playing as an successful unit with Chiel and Bazra. Defense needs a set unit and hopefully right now Rugani, Chiel, and Sandro make up 3/4 of it going forward this year.

And let's put numbers to the 10 you say but I think it's 9 league goals given up so far. Last year Juve had a +50 (77-27) goal differential in serie play. This year +18 (27-9) after 9 matches and on pace for a +75 goal advantage. Don't imagine it will reach that number especially since we haven't played all the top tier squads.

That said the supposedly offensive additions provided from the summer mercato have yet to produce much at all. And still a superior offensive goal production this year so far compared to 2016-17. Trying to look at it glass half-full thinking if the offensive attack continues at close to this pace or hopefully gets better the defense won't need as much improvement as people think.

Probably not many agree with this idea but still think Cuads could be that missing RB piece along with Howedes when (if) he gets back to proper health. He saved Licht's butt yesterday coming back to the ball. I was expecting to see plenty of Costa/Berna up front and so far not happening and maybe won't be as productive as expected but they need more playing time to find out.

:flag1:
Great post. But please, change your username. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)