[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
In the past, when there were 30 or 34 rounds, the middle of the season (15 or 17 rounds) was before New Year so half season was exactly that - half season. That's why the winter champs were those who were leading the standings at half season. Now things got fucked up with more matches being played during the season. Still, the winter champs are imo those who lead the table at half season (19 rounds).
Is there an official definition? I doubt there is, so it's down to interpretation and I think yours is wrong. Winter champs determined midway through January or even later in a non Euro or World Cup year?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 15, 2006
In the past, when there were 30 or 34 rounds, the middle of the season (15 or 17 rounds) was before New Year so half season was exactly that - half season. That's why the winter champs were those who were leading the standings at half season. Now things got fucked up with more matches being played during the season. Still, the winter champs are imo those who lead the table at half season (19 rounds).
It's pointless anyway. Only thing that matters is our position in May.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is there an official definition? I doubt there is, so it's down to interpretation and I think yours is wrong. Winter champs determined midway through January or even later in a non Euro or World Cup year?
Well, it's logical to be a "winter champ" after finishing the first part of the season (and you finish it in winter) and after playing every other team once.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Conte did seem a bit cautious. Lately, good teams are just flooding our midfield and it seems we get ~5 3 on 3's a game but have no idea what to do.

God i'd love to see Krasic get a bit of form and play. At least if they start double teaming him, it'll open up the play.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
If we continue to play negatively and cowardly away from him against so called good teams, soon enough we'll be overtaken by others.

We are good enough to impose our game but instead we change everything in the hope of countering an opponents strengths, in the end we cancel ourselves and our opponents out making for a dead boring game.

We need to be more imposing and more confident in our abilities.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
If we continue to play negatively and cowardly away from him against so called god teams, soon enough we'll be overtaken by others.

We are good enough to impose our game but instead we change everything in the hope of countering an opponents strengths, in the end we cancel ourselves and our opponents have making for a dead boring game.

We need to be more imposing and more confident in our abilities.
Aren't you the one who said we were in crisis after three matches? Two wins, one draw? :D

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
:D

We did well neutralizing their players but couldn't make the breakthrough. Overall an OK match for us.

We were near goal with Marchisio 2-3 times. Somehow Pepe and Matri were frustrating today. Could have won, but could also have lost.
Thanks boi.

Even though I expected us to get the 3 points today, getting a draw at Udine in these circumstances is not a bad result at all.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
In the end we've played merda, crapoli, lazio, roma, and udinese away from home and come away undefeated. Hopefully this is good news for us in the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)