[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nothing determines who's a winter champion simply because there is NO such thing as a winter champion and that's why there are no rules about it. There isn't a rule if H2H or GD counts in the middle of the season. It's only clear that at the end of the season, H2H determines the position of the teams with equal number of points.
Duhhh, it's an unofficial title. So don't go being a smarty pants, Lily Alen.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Duhhh, it's an unofficial title. So don't go being a smarty pants, Lily Alen.
So what? Even if it is, there is no rule that says what counts in the middle of the season when two teams have same number of points. I can take GD, H2H, number of passes the LBs made etc.
That's why there will be sources that put Milan and sources that put Juve on top of serie A after today's round.

Apr 15, 2006
Nothing determines who's a winter champion simply because there is NO such thing as a winter champion and that's why there are no rules about it. There isn't a rule if H2H or GD counts in the middle of the season. It's only clear that at the end of the season, H2H determines the position of the teams with equal number of points.
Wiki mentioned the classification rules supplied during the season. Are you saying it's wrong?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
So what? Even if it is, there is no rule that says what counts in the middle of the season when two teams have same number of points. I can take GD, H2H, number of passes the LBs made etc.
That's why there will be sources that put Milan and sources that put Juve on top of serie A after today's round.
We're winter champs because if the season ended now, we would win thanks to head-to-head. I was referring to you saying that it was determined after 19 rounds, though.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
what we forgot to point out is that udinese looked so "bad" because of our tactics... so if we would have attacked more we could have easily be beaten by their counter.... a draw is a good result. even though i am a bit disappointed... even with the way we played we could have won if we had 1 or 2 players with some ball skills..
watching players like pepe esti and co who hardly control a ball on their first touch makes me miss neddy and camo day after day.
overall i am more than pleased with this year. i am afraid of january though....
we will know by the end of january if we can srsly challange scudetto / 3rd place finish or finish 7th yet again

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're winter champs because if the season ended now, we would win thanks to head-to-head. I was referring to you saying that it was determined after 19 rounds, though.
In the past, when there were 30 or 34 rounds, the middle of the season (15 or 17 rounds) was before New Year so half season was exactly that - half season. That's why the winter champs were those who were leading the standings at half season. Now things got fucked up with more matches being played during the season. Still, the winter champs are imo those who lead the table at half season (19 rounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)