[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He can't play next to Pirlo in the center of a 4-4-2. Maybe against Siena or another team who sit back the whole match but that midfield isn't imposing enough at all.
Well, when we get a good LM and Krasic starts playing like he did last year and the rest of the team is actually clicking for a change you might see the sort of performance he is capable of. But because those around him, like last year, were not firing on all cylinders players performances have gone down.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Well, when we get a good LM and Krasic starts playing like he did last year and the rest of the team is actually clicking for a change you might see the sort of performance he is capable of. But because those around him, like last year, were not firing on all cylinders players performances have gone down.
I don't understand why you're so convinced that he has a lot to offer but we just aren't seeing it "because of the team". He showed a lot of promise under Ranieri but in the last two years, when he has been expected to really deliver, he has failed. Why is he so different from countless other players who have shown promise but failed to live up to expectations and been tossed aside?

Your insistent defending of him, because you like him, rivals Cheese discarding players like Higuain and Vargas as "limited" because he doesn't like them for whatever reason. No offense, Cheese.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I will take the loss.
I don't understand why you're so convinced that he has a lot to offer but we just aren't seeing it "because of the team". He showed a lot of promise under Ranieri but in the last two years, when he has been expected to really deliver, he has failed. Why is he so different from countless other players who have shown promise but failed to live up to expectations and been tossed aside?

Your insistent defending of him, because you like him, rivals Cheese discarding players like Higuain and Vargas as "limited" because he doesn't like them for whatever reason. No offense, Cheese.
He was wasted away last season and it's frustrating because even then he never really did anything wrong. He could have had a much better season as a CM than Aquilani, for example but DN rarely gave him the time of day there.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I will take the loss.
He was wasted away last season and it's frustrating because even then he never really did anything wrong. He could have had a much better season as a CM than Aquilani, for example but DN rarely gave him the time of day there.
Really? Because he had the opportunity last season and he wasn't even close. Aquilani didn't even have a great year last year and still he kept Claudio out of the team with ease.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Really? Because he had the opportunity last season and he wasn't even close. Aquilani didn't even have a great year last year and still he kept Claudio out of the team with ease.
We have been through this a million times...the majority of his season was spent out on the left...he played as the CM because either Melo was out or Aqui was out...we didn't have a proper LM which is more than likely the reason marchisio was pushed out to the left. He was the only one versatile enough to be competent in a role that wasn't his natural one.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What's more frustrating is the few times that he may have not performed well would be due to a lot of different things, but no one considers them but they would make a MILLION excuses for anyone else.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We have been through this a million times...the majority of his season was spent out on the left...he played as the CM because either Melo was out or Aqui was out...we didn't have a proper LM which is more than likely the reason marchisio was pushed out to the left. He was the only one versatile enough to be competent in a role that wasn't his natural one.
Face it. With Melo and Aquilani in the side he couldn't get a game in the center.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Face it. With Melo and Aquilani in the side he couldn't get a game in the center.
You can't say that with certainty...DN wanted a DM so obviously he isn't that and Melo would have stayed regardless but without the LM we needed last year forcing Claudio out wide, there is absolutely no reason why he and Aqui could not have battled for a spot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
And btw Aquilani was not in his natural role at all last season. He was forced to sit back by Del Neri.
My point exactly. He was by no means great last year, but he still was able to be close to his natural role with would have helped him...marchisio was not so lucky and subsequently had to give up his role in the middle for life on the left. Imagine how shitty Melo and Aquilani would have been had DN decided to put them on the left instead.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You can't say that with certainty...DN wanted a DM so obviously he isn't that and Melo would have stayed regardless but without the LM we needed last year forcing Claudio out wide, there is absolutely no reason why he and Aqui could not have battled for a spot.
They did battle for the spot. Marchisio lost, that's why Aquilani still started even when Pepe or Martinez was on the left.

My point exactly. He was by no means great last year, but he still was able to be close to his natural role with would have helped him...marchisio was not so lucky and subsequently had to give up his role in the middle for life on the left. Imagine how shitty Melo and Aquilani would have been had DN decided to put them on the left instead.
How is that your point? I said he was not playing his natural role.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
They did battle for the spot. Marchisio lost, that's why Aquilani still started even when Pepe or Martinez was on the left.

How is that your point? I said he was not playing his natural role.
Playing as a CM 15 feet further back than what you are used to is not that big of a difference. DN asked a HELL OF A LOT LESS of Aqui by having him hold back a bit than he did of Marchisio by taking him completely out of central midfield and moving him to the left.

As far as martinez/pepe...they are not and will not ever be suitable LM fielders. It isn't any wonder why they weren't sure starters.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Playing as a CM 15 feet further back than what you are used to is not that big of a difference.
Do you watch football? You have to tell me you know there is a much bigger difference than that.

DN asked a HELL OF A LOT LESS of Aqui by having him hold back a bit than he did of Marchisio by taking him completely out of central midfield and moving him to the left.
I'm not comparing Marchisio's form on the left to Aquilani's in the center. I'm comparing their form in the center. The simple fact Marchisio had to play on the left to find space says it all.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Do you watch football? You have to tell me you know there is a much bigger difference than that.

I'm not comparing Marchisio's form on the left to Aquilani's in the center. I'm comparing their form in the center. The simple fact Marchisio had to play on the left to find space says it all.
I've never watched a game in my life.

Aqui was giving more opportunities to play as a CM and DN decided to use Marchisio as the LM because he was more effective in that role than Pepe and Martinez. There was no other way around it last year because we did not have a LM. Marchisio had his chances in the middle from suspensions/injures and seems to be the only real reasons why he was able to play in that role. Not because Aquilani was a superior player, it was by default. We had no LM and he was able to play that role effectively thus eliminating the chances for Pepe to play it and giving the CM role to Aqui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)