[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've never watched a game in my life.

Aqui was giving more opportunities to play as a CM and DN decided to use Marchisio as the LM because he was more effective in that role than Pepe and Martinez. There was no other way around it last year because we did not have a LM. Marchisio had his chances in the middle from suspensions/injures and seems to be the only real reasons why he was able to play in that role. Not because Aquilani was a superior player, it was by default. We had no LM and he was able to play that role effectively thus eliminating the chances for Pepe to play it and giving the CM role to Aqui.
Let me get this straight. You think Marchisio would have been starting in the center over Aquilani last season if we had a consistent reliable player on the left? Come on you can't really believe that.

This is what I'm talking about. Even your memory selectively supports and defends Marchisio.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why didn't anyone try Melo or Aquilani as LW because Marchisio is that damn good in center?

Face it Cam, Marchisio had to go LW because the CMs were much better than him.
Face what melo? That Melo was a Defensive Midfielder and Marchisio wasn't? Or that we didn't have a LM to play and that Marchisio happened to be more effective in that role than the other "LM's" we had on the roster? LOL...marchisio had to go the LM because DN really had no other options. Martinez was hurt all season and Pepe is pepe. What did you want DN to do? The good thing about Marchisio is his versatility...you can't say the same about Melo which is why he stayed and Aquilani which is why he was given that certain guarantee as the CM.
Let me get this straight. You think Marchisio would have been starting in the center over Aquilani last season if we had a consistent reliable player on the left? Come on you can't really believe that.

This is what I'm talking about. Even your memory selectively supports and defends Marchisio.
I said battled for a spot. I am not convinced that Aquilani is the better player. Not for Liverpool and certainly not for Juventus.

What are you talking about Kyle? I said battle for the starting spot. I never said marchisio would be the sure starter over Aquilani. Especially if both were played out of position, then how on earth can you say with certainty that Aqui would have started? You can't predict that so don't even try. All I said was "battle for the spot"

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My memory is far from selective. I defend marchisio because of the constant bashing he gets. It isn't deserved. Share some of this hate for players like Motta, Grygera, Bonucci, Martinez, Pepe, Lanafame, Krasic until he starts playing again, Toni, Aquilani for not living up to his expectations, gosh the list can go on in on but it never will because you guys love to pin point Marchisio as this teams achilies heal.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Listen Cam. Marchisio played center and Aquilani was benched first weeks of the season, because Aquilani wasn't fit to play. The second Aquilani started playing Marchisio was dumped to the LW. Even if we had Ribery on the LW, Marchisio simply wasn't good enough to start for us. Delneri had options, Marchisio wasn't better than Pepe on the LW, he added eqaully little as him.

So you mean that Melo was sold because he wasn't versatil enough? :shifty:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Face what melo? That Melo was a Defensive Midfielder and Marchisio wasn't? Or that we didn't have a LM to play and that Marchisio happened to be more effective in that role than the other "LM's" we had on the roster? LOL...marchisio had to go the LM because DN really had no other options. Martinez was hurt all season and Pepe is pepe. What did you want DN to do? The good thing about Marchisio is his versatility...you can't say the same about Melo which is why he stayed and Aquilani which is why he was given that certain guarantee as the CM.
I said battled for a spot. I am not convinced that Aquilani is the better player. Not for Liverpool and certainly not for Juventus.

What are you talking about Kyle? I said battle for the starting spot. I never said marchisio would be the sure starter over Aquilani. Especially if both were played out of position, then how on earth can you say with certainty that Aqui would have started? You can't predict that so don't even try. All I said was "battle for the spot"
Yes I can say that and no I don't have to predict anything because I saw it happen. Marchisio didn't play on the left in every match and even then Aquilani was consistently benching him. It wasn't a "battle" at all, Aquilani was clearly preferred.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Listen Cam. Marchisio played center and Aquilani was benched first weeks of the season, because Aquilani wasn't fit to play. The second Aquilani started playing Marchisio was dumped to the LW. Even if we had Ribery on the LW, Marchisio simply wasn't good enough to start for us. Delneri had options, Marchisio wasn't better than Pepe on the LW, he added eqaully little as him.

So you mean that Melo was sold because he wasn't versatil enough? :shifty:
Where did I say melo was "loaned" (not sold) because he wasn't versatile enough. Stop putting words in my mouth. I have no idea why they decided to loan him and frankly I don't care. He is gone and I have no problem with it. I wouldn't say he was dumped to the LM.

Yes I can say that and no I don't have to predict anything because I saw it happen. Marchisio didn't play on the left in every match and even then Aquilani was consistently benching him. It wasn't a "battle" at all, Aquilani was clearly preferred.
It would have been a battle if it was an even playing field. You think what you think as do I. I don't see the problem here, just 2 different views.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Had we had a better LW, Aquilani would have been on bench two months into season.
Delneri prefered Marchisio-Melo-Aqua-Krasic over Pepe-melo-marchisio-Krasic. simple as that. stop with this aquilani pushing marchisio out wide nonsense.

stop comparing Marchisio to Aquapuss. seriously you trolls

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Where did I say melo was "loaned" (not sold) because he wasn't versatile enough. Stop putting words in my mouth. I have no idea why they decided to loan him and frankly I don't care. He is gone and I have no problem with it. I wouldn't say he was dumped to the LM.

It would have been a battle if it was an even playing field. You think what you think as do I. I don't see the problem here, just 2 different views.
How was it not an even playing field? If anything Aquilani was the one establishing himself in a new city and team.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Had we had a better LW, Aquilani would have been on bench two months into season.
Delneri prefered Marchisio-Melo-Aqua-Krasic over Pepe-melo-marchisio-Krasic. simple as that. stop with this aquilani pushing marchisio out wide nonsense.
stop comparing Marchisio to Aquapuss. seriously you trolls
Swoosh.
How was it not an even playing field? If anything Aquilani was the one establishing himself in a new city and team.
Airball.

If Aqui was the so-called superior player then he shouldn't be given excuses. Now, suddenly he is in a "new city with a new team". He failed at Pool he did slightly better here but still failed to live up to anything close to his expectations.

Like I said in Krasic's thread which you never bothered to read, people love to make excuses for their players but when it comes to Marchisio just aren't willing to listen.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Swoosh.
Airball.

If Aqui was the so-called superior player then he shouldn't be given excuses. Now, suddenly he is in a "new city with a new team". He failed at Pool he did slightly better here but still failed to live up to anything close to his expectations.

Like I said in Krasic's thread which you never bothered to read, people love to make excuses for their players but when it comes to Marchisio just aren't willing to listen.
:howler:

You pulled the bs unlevel playing field card. Whatever, this isn't going anywhere.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:howler:

You pulled the bs unlevel playing field card. Whatever, this isn't going anywhere.
I meant from equal opportunity at playing in their natural roles. Advanced CMs. I said nothing about playing in a different city with different teams.

Regardless, Aquilani has played enough with most of our italian players to fit right in and he didn't.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I meant from equal opportunity at playing in their natural roles. Advanced CMs. I said nothing about playing in a different city with different teams.

Regardless, Aquilani has played enough with most of our italian players to fit right in and he didn't.
Aquilani has made a couple appearances with the Azzurri so he should be able on the same page with Juventus as Marchisio? that's laughable.
Yeah, when Marchisio will be on the bench because Vidal is better.
So true.
Ooooooooooooh, look it's good, ol' Trequartista :blush:
I'll take your changing the focus from Marchisio to Treq to mean you really having nothing to say back to that comment^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)