Serie A TV rights 2007/2008 (3 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Ok for those in the Gulf and the Middle East, can we just recap the situation please?

This is what I've understood so far-

Al Jazeera to show Serie A, minus Juve. (altho, reading the comments here, it seems like it's going to be divided?)

ART has the exclusive rights to show Juve matches only, according to their call center reps.

I'm in a dilemma here. Al Jazeera costs $30 per year to subscribe.

While ART is $200 per year!

Showtime, which is inclusive of Al Jazeera - is $550 per year (minimum) and you get Serie A (possibly minus Juve), La Liga and EPL.

What's the bottom line? What if I go for showtime, but end up not seeing Juve? :(

Appreciate your help :)
shouldn't you get all these for 10$ a month? did things change in Lebanon that fast since last year? I will get al jazeera + ART sport package.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Oct 3, 2004
I live in Dubai...not Lebanon.

$10/month for ALLLL cable channels is one of the many beautiful luxuries that my beloved country, Lebanon, has to offer :touched:

Oct 3, 2004
Anyway, bottom line, I've decided. I will go for the showtime package tomorrow. At least I'll catch SOME Juve matches + get superb coverage of the Premiership.

As for CL, since Juve aren't involved, so not much incentive for me to go an subscribe to ART. It'll be fun to hangout in a shisha joints/pub restaurants to watch, and that's it.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Guys, I've been trying to find out information on this thing but I'm kinda lost.

So does this thing come with a dish? That's my biggest concern, because I'm not allowed to hook up a dish outside my apartment. Also, is there a monthly fee? Considering I'll have to get the North American 'version' of it, what channels will I get? (obviously I'm most interested in the football channels).
Please...someone :)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
can you prove to me that one of the above channels will show ALL of Juve's matches ??

and if so, will they if Juve starts losing multiple games ??:cry:
I can't guarantee that but I'm pretty sure we'll see more than 30 Juve games. Come on it's Juve. They started to show Serie B on a regular basis last year because of Juve so...
We play the 1st on a Saturday afternoon so that's one. :tup:

So, GolTV is pretty pointless? :p
Pretty much. Unless they start showing some Juve channel programming. :smoke:
I don't see the point of that if they don't carry Serie A though. :cry:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I live in Dubai...not Lebanon.

$10/month for ALLLL cable channels is one of the many beautiful luxuries that my beloved country, Lebanon, has to offer :touched:
ah my bad I always thought you live in Lebanon.. I miss those golden opportunities too :toast:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Anyway, bottom line, I've decided. I will go for the showtime package tomorrow. At least I'll catch SOME Juve matches + get superb coverage of the Premiership.

As for CL, since Juve aren't involved, so not much incentive for me to go an subscribe to ART. It'll be fun to hangout in a shisha joints/pub restaurants to watch, and that's it.
man are you crazy?? get ART sport package and Al Jazeere for 330 instead of showtime over 500? If you are buying it for watching football. Showtime has great channels too thou other than Football.

Oct 3, 2004
man are you crazy?? get ART sport package and Al Jazeere for 330 instead of showtime over 500? If you are buying it for watching football. Showtime has great channels too thou other than Football.
Ohhh man!

What about premiership? Don't wanna miss out on that! Great you've made me reconsider now!! lol

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I thought that Sky will cover all matches for the first time. This would mean, that all the games would be sold in packet to other TV-Stations, no?

anyway, does someone know if the german Pay TV(Premiere) will cover serie A (Juve)?

xhimi

Aug 9, 2007
I thought that Sky will cover all matches for the first time. This would mean, that all the games would be sold in packet to other TV-Stations, no?

anyway, does someone know if the german Pay TV(Premiere) will cover serie A (Juve)?
Probably yes,but the problem is for the signal catching

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

yes i remember reading on here that you can get all of juves matches in germany, ask stimpy or i guess alltagsheld, they'll know.

xhimi

Aug 9, 2007
Ohhh man!

What about premiership? Don't wanna miss out on that! Great you've made me reconsider now!! lol
Does it have coverage signal digitalb in your country 16east.
It has digitalb+supersport 250euro for one year and have all the european leagues with a priority of serie a (juve,inter ,milan).

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
did you guys see this website ?

http://www.seriea.tv

very good deal imo, so if you have a good internet connection you could watch all the games live with highlights of the week and basically a lot of other stuff.
sadly we can't get it here in Australia for some reason

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
did you guys see this website ?

http://www.seriea.tv

very good deal imo, so if you have a good internet connection you could watch all the games live with highlights of the week and basically a lot of other stuff.
sadly we can't get it here in Australia for some reason
That sounds very promising. anyone had any experience with this? are games truly LIVE? I can't find any Information on their site, so it make me a little uncertain about it.

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
all this is fine & dandy for most of u guys , here i am fighting a losing battle to get serie A shown on the local network there has been harsh comments already sent to my local media but wtf all they care about is EPL, bloody hell. i keep on trying until i get what i want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)