[Serie A] Treviso - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello cross with Juve stalemate Saturday 1 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have extended their lead to nine points, but Fabio Capello is far from happy with the 0-0 draw at Treviso.

“In the first half we had several good scoring opportunities and another three after the break, so this isn’t a scoreline that satisfies me. In any case, I am happy with the overall performance,” said the Coach.

he is happy with this pathatic performance???

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
m_elayyan said:
Capello cross with Juve stalemate Saturday 1 April, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have extended their lead to nine points, but Fabio Capello is far from happy with the 0-0 draw at Treviso.

“In the first half we had several good scoring opportunities and another three after the break, so this isn’t a scoreline that satisfies me. In any case, I am happy with the overall performance,” said the Coach.

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1011305&postcount=26

'Nuff said.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
swag said:
It was ironically only at the end of his Juve career -- towards the waning moments of last season -- that I felt he really started to play well.
I remember his amazing goal in the final match against Cagliari last season, and then celebrated in a truely African fashion...that was class :touched:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
snoop said:
Appiah is doing wonders with Fenerbahce. running dribling and all, he has a lot of atacking abilities that I nevers seen him with Juve.
See, told u that he has been played out of position all along. Give him the free role in the middle and he can attack as much as he wants to. You should have seen him performing for Ghaha NT. No wonder he is so happy at Fenerbahce

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
ZhiXin said:
See, told u that he has been played out of position all along. Give him the free role in the middle and he can attack as much as he wants to. You should have seen him performing for Ghaha NT. No wonder he is so happy at Fenerbahce
it was a biggest mistake to sell Appia and bring vieira IMO

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
The Peshwa said:
My first post in this forum

I really dont understand why people here hate Capello so much .
I have been followin juve only for about 6 years so cant say anythin about lippi's first term in charge .
But as far as Lippi's second term went , things werent any better than what FC is being able to produce currently in Europe .

I remember juve being thrashed 3-1 by arsenal in 2001 , leverkuessen thrashed us and so did depo in 2001-02
The performances then were worse than what we achieved under Capello in europe in the last 2 years .

In 2003 though we got to the final , we lost to newcastle , were hammered by Man U , indeed the 3-0 defeat by Man U at home was the worst moment of my time as a Juve fan . We also never looked like scoring agaisnt Milan in the final .
Yes we had some great games that season , but the fact is we had our fair share of problems too.

Again in 2004 depo knocked us out pretty easily .
Lippi relied too much on ageing defenders like ferrara , montero and the new defender he signed legrottaglie was a total waste .
Tudor was a player who used to make horrendous mistakes as well , (though he used to score a few with his head) .

Agreed Capello favours Zlatan too much , but even Lippi used to favour certain players too like ferrara (even though past his prime ) DP , (di vaio was in good form when he was signed from parma but lippi never used him enough )

So while i am not saying Capello is great , Lippi isnt exactly a step up from him

And coming to this game , dissapointing result yes .....but what counts is that the scudetto is now in the bag .

Juventus vs Arsenal ............ no comments
Welcome..
Great post.. I agree with most of it..

And its really funny as everyone who joins the forum cant understand why people hate Capello so much.. But u should get used to it.. As in this forum 90% want him out.. Thank god it isent the same in the real world..

IMO we should get a new coach unless Capello starts using some other tactics..
Atleast i dont HATE him as much as people do here.. :)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
m_elayyan said:
it was a biggest mistake to sell Appia and bring vieira IMO

and who wouldn't do that, u can't compare Viera's level in the past years with appiah.

I would take Patrick anyday ahead of appiah.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The Peshwa said:
My first post in this forum

I really dont understand why people here hate Capello so much .
I have been followin juve only for about 6 years so cant say anythin about lippi's first term in charge .
But as far as Lippi's second term went , things werent any better than what FC is being able to produce currently in Europe .

I remember juve being thrashed 3-1 by arsenal in 2001 , leverkuessen thrashed us and so did depo in 2001-02
The performances then were worse than what we achieved under Capello in europe in the last 2 years .

In 2003 though we got to the final , we lost to newcastle , were hammered by Man U , indeed the 3-0 defeat by Man U at home was the worst moment of my time as a Juve fan . We also never looked like scoring agaisnt Milan in the final .
Yes we had some great games that season , but the fact is we had our fair share of problems too.

Again in 2004 depo knocked us out pretty easily .
Lippi relied too much on ageing defenders like ferrara , montero and the new defender he signed legrottaglie was a total waste .
Tudor was a player who used to make horrendous mistakes as well , (though he used to score a few with his head) .

Agreed Capello favours Zlatan too much , but even Lippi used to favour certain players too like ferrara (even though past his prime ) DP , (di vaio was in good form when he was signed from parma but lippi never used him enough )

So while i am not saying Capello is great , Lippi isnt exactly a step up from him

And coming to this game , dissapointing result yes .....but what counts is that the scudetto is now in the bag .

Juventus vs Arsenal ............ no comments
great post and welcome to the forum... its funny how many things that have happend in the past just Slip out of ppls mind

and about the trevisio game, i think we had a very good game especially in the 1st half.Created soo many chances but couldn't put the ball in the net and we were unlucky at times.
In the 2nd half the players just decreased their performance a bit.
Trevisio played a very rough game, very physical..and we played the same game and almost got into trouble
but seeing this game it gives me HOPE at least for the arsenal game, not confidence just hope.

ramzax

Jan 10, 2003
sateeh said:
i think we had a very good game especially in the 1st half.Created soo many chances but couldn't put the ball in the net and we were unlucky at times.
In the 2nd half the players just decreased their performance a bit.
maybe u forgot that football is about scoring goals

The Peshwa

Apr 2, 2006
m_elayyan said:

What do u expect the coach to say in public ...?
In public managers have to keep calm and not go ballistic over their players.
In private they are allowed to give a complete dressing down

And such results happen in football , even Chelsea and Barcelona were held by relegation threatened sides to goal less draws . Arsenal may even have been beaten by them this season.( not sure )

So i suggest we should stop this capello myopia and look at the broader issues .

While FC is not a great tactitian , he undoubtedly has pedigree and respect across Europe . I think these days with FC in charge and the high profile signings he has made , has enlarged Juve's brand image across europe ....and asia too .
which is good news for finances .

Anyways my last post on capello .......... i dont think i will be too popular here else :D

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
sateeh said:
and who wouldn't do that, u can't compare Viera's level in the past years with appiah.

I would take Patrick anyday ahead of appiah.
ya paddy is great.....but he doesnt have the hunger,grit,physical play, and Ghanian Dope dealer look like My main man APPIAH

we want you back booooyyy.....:cool:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
ramzax said:
maybe u forgot that football is about scoring goals
i didnt but wat can u do if the ball wont just go into the net, in the first half the trevisio players didnt see much of the ball, and the team created soo many chances some were squandered and others with a bit of luck would've resulted in a goal.... in imo thats all u can do, is create chances and hope some would result in a goal.

and hambon

thats ur opinion mate,and i respect it.
but imo he was too inconsistent for my liking and he had two seasons with juve and many games he played in he was just unconvincing.Although his physical game was very good, his passing was way below standards and in many games he was just tactically lost

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
ya that is true....but i am refering now, to his play with fenerbache...he really has developed and would like to see him back in the juve midfield...even as a sub he would be better than giandeccha or blasi for that matter by a long shot...

btw love your sig...haha

rep booooyy...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
capello:"I don’t really read the newspapers or watch television, so I always tell my players to focus on what’s happening on the pitch"
.. ohh what a pity if only he came to the juventuz forum!

On the appiah issue. Well yes he was a great ball winner as much as he was a ball loser. However his qualities resemble the likes of blasi but the former has much more physical strength in my eyes and yes if we used him properly we may have even developed a person who can create some chances. The main problem is we aint using the players in the right manner. A perfect example was that of henrys' when we had him we used him on the wing, now that was lippis fault, I think in general lippi made his fair share of mistakes but yeah during his first part of the era he had a team at his disposle that shared a great share of determination and ambition. Lippi was also then known for his dressing room tactics in the form of having a go at players and stamping his authority, is it the same with capello now?. I really dont believe so I think capello is only picking on certain players who his targetted and leaving out those who really should face a little discipline.

All in all we aint used the players to there full abilities. Players aint been tried in different position and tactics aint been used in training as it should have been. Those who have been tried in different positions are only used because there is a big shortage in it and not because it will bring out the best out of the player. An example is that of blasi, now although blasi is a defensive midfielder he has at times been used on the right back position simply because there was a fear of shortage due to the zebina "crisis" and we didnt exactly have balza or if im right chillini then. Giannichedda was bought for his versatility, he can be used as a defensive midfielder and as a defender. As a whole juventus only knew this by looking at how lazio used him. In return we saw tudor going off to siena. Now although tudor became injury prone and began being inconsistent, he is much more valuable than Giannichedda, simply because tudor has the height and has scored fair amount of goals.

Overall the problem lies with how we are using the players and yes capello is the man in charge so simply he is the one to blame. As for those who believe its unfair targetting capello? well I think the general dislike of capello has been cumulative. Yes his own the scudetto a few times but we musnt forget that the CL was a priority yet its understandable that we lost poorly against the eventual champions liverpool last year. But to lose again this time against arsenal, and once again not showing any form of ambition and determination, really shows capello has no idea what the CL is really about. If it was his priority he should have told moggi he required some attacking midfielders as thats no doubt crucial in europe but it seems his preparation was a big problem.

Finally to play awful against werder and luckily qualify should have been a wake up call for capello, yet it seems it only helped him in falling back asleep. Now to be perfectly honest if we dont atleast play good against arsenal at home, i really think he should leave.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
hambon said:
ya that is true....but i am refering now, to his play with fenerbache...he really has developed and would like to see him back in the juve midfield...even as a sub he would be better than giandeccha or blasi for that matter by a long shot...

btw love your sig...haha

rep booooyy...
well i didnt see him play in a long time, mybe a couple of times in the CL i think and he did well given the circumstances(as they were facing tough opponents), i saw him play with Ghana in the African cup but he was playing in the attack as a forward not as a midfielder.

But blasi & gianni are much better defensively imo , but if u think about a complete CM then appiah is a better sub.

thanks mate :D

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
What happened with HENRY was Ancelotti's fault.

Oh and I still remember everyone EVERYONE in this forum bashing Appiah after the last year's game against Cagliari

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)