[SERIE A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (7th/March/09) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Mellberg

• Molinaro

• Giovinco

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Nedved

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guardian

Dec 28, 2005
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......d

1:0 is sweetest football result, isn't it? Especially when the winning goal is scored like 10 minutes before the final whistle . That must hurt, it's like to stop to shag your girl just few moments before she reaches the orgasm.

Man of the match ...CHIELLLINIIIIIIIIII. Rock solid, faultless, the fantastic Chiellini is back.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
aah..permit me to disagree sir...i remember him from the panini stickers album back from 98..99...he was always at a decent level (sampdoria,lazio,empoli..even ipswich town..and he wasn't a sub so much)
i dont hink u understood me ... i meant he is big muscular wise the shirt looked as if it was going to rip :p... like compared to buffon, buffon looks like a stick next to him

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Another piss-poor Juve performance, only to be saved by a set-piece goal (how many times has that happened this season, and if you take them away, would we even be as good as 4th place ?)

We looked terribly shitty against a relagation team that has a few has beens, and never were's in the starting lineup (Stellone and Ventola ?? Please !!)

I dont know what RUINeri's plan was, but this might have been the best time to start the players you plan on using in Tuesdays CL game (minus Neddy, who seems to have played more minutes than any other Juve player this season), but instead, we get the likes of Zebina- who isnt game fit and was a guaranteed sub, and Brazzo- a terrible excuse for a pro footballer. I wouldnt have Brazzo on my local team, its almost comical that this guy plays for our team....hopefully the dolts in charge get rid of him come May.

I hate to say it, but the only positive that could come out of Chelsea kicking us out of the CL, and going home empty handed in May is the sacking of RUINeri....someone explain to me WHY he subbed Gio for Neddy, when Gio was one of our livelier players, while Brazzo was making a fool of himself ?? Sack this S.O.B. as soon as the season ends...he proves to me game after game that he doesnt know what the fuck he is doing, and will NEVER win fuck all with our team !!

Iaquinta is lucky to be on this team

Amauri's best move today was keeping the hair out of his face

Zebina didnt get a yellow card...which surprised me

Molinaro was bad, but not as bad as Brazzo

Buffon was solid as needed

Chellini is the man !!

Mellberg was ok

Giovinco was lively

Marchisio was enthusiastic, but still needs to work on his skills

Poulsen sucked

Brazzo should be emptying the garbages at the stadium

a bleak tuesday is ahead of us.....

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
It was an okay game. We controlled the game and had enough chances to win the match. Torino were a non-factor after the opening minutes.
Iaquinta--He looked dangerous but was unlucky. Might have scored his third goal in 2 matches.
Chiellini--Dominant after the early jitters
Zebina--Good performance, but needs to be more careful where he passes/moves to
Poulsen--non-existent
Amauri--Getting involved in the play again
Molinaro--Couldn't click with Giovinco because they do not play often together. Good defensively wise.
Salihamidzic--Offers nothing in attack(as usual) but didn't do bad, so good warm-up.
Giovinco--Good performance. Set up two chances but faded in the second half
Nedved--Allows us to regain control of the game and set up the goal

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Molinaro was bad, but not as bad as Brazzo
I'd say he was our best player, or at least on par with Mellberg and Giorgio. He was perfect in defense and the highlight was when he somehow found himself on the right side of our defense to cover for Zebina (he got an applause from Zebina for that :D) . Since Giovinco was easily bullied by Abate and since Gio obviously can't play defense at all, Moli had defensive duties today and he did it perfectly. Amazing and unbelievable improvement.

I more or less agree with the rest of your player comments.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #528
    Forget the free kick then. Our whole game changed after Nedved got in.

I'm not even going into the Giovinco debate here. Seba was the one who actually created our chances at the beginning. All i'm saying is that Nedved made us more dangerous.
    Actually I don't know why they're arguing. It's always the case that after each game we have to find something to talk about and everytime it's a different player.

I thought both Giovinco and Nedved did their job tonight and people shouldn't forget where Giovinco is playing. Anyway.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    Actually I don't know why they're arguing. It's always the case that after each game we have to find something to talk about and everytime it's a different player.

I thought both Giovinco and Nedved did their job tonight and people shouldn't forget where Giovinco is playing. Anyway.
    :tup:

Exactly.

Albertmare

Idea Maker
    Mar 24, 2006
    Ehhh , I saw the Highlight and we actually played better than what i heard before :D

Sereni is always live up againts us as usual , but can't stop us to break his goal as usual also :D

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    We won, but not as convincing as we should. Torino has many many problems, they have some pitiful defenders and some laughable forwards, even their coach admitted that, indirectly. But they have some decent midfielders. All this was reflected one the pitch. Make no mistake our performance wasnt good, their was horrible.
    We outclassed them because we have far superior material, but we didnt outplayed them.
    Our defense had no real threat to face, but we allowed far too many crosses and drive ins, also some unnecessary nearly reckless tackles.
    When they subbed out Barone and Rosina, it was just game over for them.
    They dropped the only thing that kept them in game.

Buffon also had a great game, he made many great saves, esp at the beginning of the game, if Torino was as productive as they were first half, he would be my MoM, no mistakes, he manage to keep his tradition of not losing the derby 6.7

Moli was awful going forward and he allowed too many crosses from our left flank but later on, even he became more physical and the Torino players stopped trying... I ve noticed one thing lately, that he is now very confident and doesnt hesitate to complain (a lot) about the ref decisions, he is starting to feel like a real footballer and this fact might unleash his full "potential"... I disagree with "Allan" that he was one of our best. We have seen better plays, even from Moli himself 6.1

Chiellini my sec MOM, he was solid today, able to out-muscle everyone.
    An intimidating force out there, his class a head and shoulders above everything Torino could ve thrown upon us. Personally i expected no less by default.
    Chiellini has never been the same man after his injury and i hope this performance and goal will boost his morale and he will give his best against Chelsea, it is essential to have the old Chiellini back! 7.0

Mellberg He was unsteady and rushed. At some moments he almost looked panicked, i dont why, does the CB responsibilities are too much for him?
    Somehow he avoided any mistakes, but i think thats mostly because Torino had no means to threaten us. If they we are able to apply more pressure, Mellberg would have been the first to brake and start committing mistakes 6.0

Zebina was back, CR said he was surprised he handled so well and so much,
    i was also pleased to see him, not losing much of his composure after all this time he was off the pitches.
    He was physical out there, one of the reasons Novellino complained about his team and unlike Moli he didnt allow the Torino players to take any crosses from his side. Zebina has the tactical awareness Moli and Grygera lack, he has the brains to feel the opposition's attack plan and his exp helps him to intercept them more efficiently.
    He didnt seem to lack at providing the pace and the support forwards.
    Fully fit, he is more useful than Grygera but it is only a matter of time until he is getting injured again... 6.2

Giovinco He started the game full of optimism and showed that he was on the mood for great things, but... he wasnt, the reasons are many and lie deeper than we can guess, he status in our team isnt what it was supposed to be.
    And CR reminded this one more time when he took him out...
    All this has an effect to his performance, we know that Gio can do a lot better, we have seen that, he can be more explosive and even more physical. We could afford our tactics to re adjusted today, so that it would suit him better, but we didnt... 5.9

Poulsen, against a such an inferior team and paired with Marchisio and would expect some miracles out here today. But Poulsen was once again just disappointing and just confirmed that, that performance was an exception to the rule. He did not only underperformed at his offensive, but also at his defensive duties... 5.0

Marchisio, this guy is seeeriously underrated!!! He is growing slowly but surely into a very effective midfielder. His tactical sense is great. He recovered many balls, he delivered far too many good passes to count and even tried a few promising long shots. What else o expect from a youngster??
    He is an example to all, a very consistent player, who does a quiet but very efficient job in our midfield. Unlike other players he didnt just performed his duty, but got himself involved actively in our game, in my opinion, far more actively than any other player and for that he was my MoM.
    When ever we needed to attack or defend, Marcisio was there!
    He attracted no unnecessary attention but did a fine job!! 7.1

Salih :frown: like Vinny said, i hope we will release him, come may 5.5

Iaq He started the game really impressively and almost scored a goal right away!!
    And thats it... he never got back to the game and i wouldnt blame the bad service... 5.5

Amauri What was that, he is seriously off form, i expect a whole lot better then the 70% of our summer transfer budget. Unlike the adorable Bianconero i wont go as far, to claim that he is no Juve material.
    I think he is and he cant deliver much more than that!
    It is only time that the rotation system would work for his benefit too! 5.0

Ariaudo I was eager to see this kid in action, but... i didnt...
    He managed to disappear completely, but that can only be a good for a defender who does his job! Ny the time he came in Torino was already defending the draw...and that was way too early for that. I cant give a rate and i expect more opinions.

Sissoko; He was only brought to freeze the game and ensure victory 5.0

Neddy The old weasel finally came in as a sub, but still managed to make an impact and provide an assist. What are we going to do without Neddy when no one else will not be able to provide what is needed to get the job done???
    His tactical awareness is flawless, this guy was born to be a football player,
    sorry, legend!! 6.0

The percentage of our champion was really deluded, as we started of the game.
    It is sad to see that we cannot dominate, not even the weakest sides without them. CR hands were tied, he didnt have many alternative options, he had to field the players he did. The motivation behind his subs has always been dubious,
    but at least this time it the timing didnt create havoc.
    Such a hypocrite he is, when we lose points, he is happy with our performance, when we win, like that, he is happy with the result.
    He is always happy, but thats what he is getting paying for...

Jul 10, 2006
    I had to record the match due to a bad hangover. But I just finished watching it. Not a pretty match, to be sure. But we got the much needed three points and it was nice to send Nedved out as a winner in what is probably, his last derby.

I can't get over how tiny Gio is. He's going to be a good player for us, though.

Chiellini was MoM, for sure. And Mellburg played well.

Iaquinta seemed to vanish for long periods of time. I don't think Vincenzo and Amauri work well together, at least they didn't show it in this match.

Now lets steal one from Chelsea!

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
    Feb 11, 2009
    Cronious and Vinman...I read your reports eagerly and without surprise or excitement. As I missed the game, and not having had a chance yet to view any highlights i was restricted this morning to the wretched goal com player ratings, which are never trustworthy...those goons yesterday managed to attribute comments THEY reported as made by Laurent Blanc, to our director, Jean Claude Blanc. I wrote to complain, not just about that example of outright fabrication, but also the general level of shoddiness underlying everything they print. No response has been forthcoming...Anyway. I am pleased that you both singled out Chiellini as re-approaching the level we expect and demand of him. Also, it can only be a good thing for Zebina to have returned in a game we managed to win. As for Brazzo...he is a shadow of a footballer.

The worrying thing was the general feeling of disappointment you both expressed. I have not seen us play decently, for the majority of a game, since 2008. Many of the games we have won have been fortunate, not because we have been outplayed, but because we have produced so little, and found it hard to string enough passes together to break through opposition defences. Without the creativity flowing it is extremely difficult for our forwards to score. So perhaps I can blame Amauri's steady dip in form on the midfield and defence rather than solely on his own shoulders.

Why was trezeguet rested*** I can only think that Ranieri is planning on starting him against Chelsea, alongside Del Piero. I think he is far more adept than Amauri at scoring goals in games where the chances are few and far between. As most of us, including Ranieri will agree. However...for trezeguet to make use of his talents, he requires optimum match sharpness. Without that, he is less able to plug himself into the flow and energy of a match and feel the opportunities coming. His senses are still fuzzy, after so long out injured and if we are to deploy him against chelsea, he should have been given this game to get sharper. For me, Ranieri made a large mistake in selection last night. Del Piero's absence is far more understandable. He is match fit and match sharp, and frankly, we could beat Torino without risking him to injury so close to the biggest game for our club in more than three years...biggest in terms of where it could take us, as in the deepest over the front line and into enemy territory...But why the hell did he rest Trezeguet***

Pleasing to hear of Marchisio's progress. He has been my favourite player this season. Every time he has appeared, either as a sub or from the start, he has shown composure, tenacity, determination, pace and a high technical ability. Him and CHiellini will be the rock solid spine of our team, and also of the Azzurri, in the future. He just looks a quality player, less likely to break opponents into pieces when he flies into a challenge like MoMo, more likely to not only win the ball cleanly, but also to drive forward or attempt a ball to the forward players...He reminds me of how Flamini was playing at Arsenal the season before he left them. Without doubt, at that point, Flamini was one of the finest midfielders in the premier league...With Chiellini and Santo Buffon, Marchisio and Trezeguet, when fit, The youngster's place in my first XI would be set in cement.

I am not looking forward to the chelsea game. Because even if we only lose by a goal or two, I am confident that the performance will be abject, anemic, lacking fire and brimstone.

Overall, at least we beat Torino...3 more points towards our attempts to hold onto second place, and better last season's league finish. And that would be progress, about which, I shouldn't complain, other than like so many of you, i want us to be back to where we were before demotion and the related dramas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)