[Serie A] SPAL 1-2 JUVENTUS [February 22nd, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
btw i don't care about the formation too much. i want to see intensity and a clean sheet. not a lot to ask for against by far the weakest side of the league.
Considering what's following in the 11 days after the match against SPAL, all I care here are the 3 points, no injuries and no suspensions. It can be the most dull and pathetic performance as far as I'm concerned. Lyon in CL (Feb 26), Inter in Serie A (Mar 1) and Milan in Coppa semis (Mar 4) are the make or break matches.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Considering what's following in the 11 days after the match against SPAL, all I care here are the 3 points, no injuries and no suspensions. It can be the most dull and pathetic performance as far as I'm concerned. Lyon in CL (Feb 26), Inter in Serie A (Mar 1) and Milan in Coppa semis (Mar 4) are the make or break matches.
you're a stats guy. tell me, how many matches did we win at ferrara with the same "no injuries just dull 3 points pls" attitude since they rejoined the first league.

good luck trying to beat them without intensity.

Jun 6, 2015
you're a stats guy. tell me, how many matches did we win at ferrara with the same "no injuries just dull 3 points pls" attitude since they rejoined the first league.

Spal have been much worse this season at home though. Already 7 losses which is the same amount as last season and one more than the season before that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Spal have been much worse this season at home though. Already 7 losses which is the same amount as last season and one more than the season before that.
i know, it is literally a bad team, in bad form. still, it's their game of the year like for verona, and we're more vulnerable away from the stadium than during previous seasons.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

That's irrelevant I think. We recently beat Roma at Olimpico, after 6 seasons or so, despite not being a better team than we were in the previous seasons.
Anyway, I'd also enjoy a 5:0 win, it's just that atm I don't really care if it's a boring 1:0 or an excellent 5:0. I don't care if we keep a clean sheet if we win, nor do I care if we walk on the pitch if we end up winning. Of course, you're right that we'll probably need intensity for the win, but, despite all of us dying to finally see us play a brilliant game, that's not as important as the 3 points are and as is having a full squad (no injuries, no suspensions) for the upcoming 3 matches.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That's irrelevant I think. We recently beat Roma at Olimpico, after 6 seasons or so, despite not being a better team than we were in the previous seasons...
why? because we showed some intensity vs roma.

and no, as per usual, i don't care about the scoreline either. but a dull win would be a disappointment before the important run of games coming up.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This is going to be a tricky fixture. We haven't beaten them on their home turf since they got promoted (0-0 and a 2-1 loss) - coupled with CL fixture midweek and our injuries, I'd say a draw is potentially a realistic result here.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I watched them few times.They are dangerous at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Would appreciate every win possible .Doesn't matter how.and what result.

BlackVanilla

Mar 12, 2019
We should rest our key-players again, because the next three games after this game are essentially important for winning the triple this season. If we lose against Inter, we will lose the Scudetto, if we lose against Milan we will lose the Coppa Italia and if we lose against Lyon we are in a bad position for the second leg and likely to lose the CL.

Jun 6, 2015
This is going to be a tricky fixture. We haven't beaten them on their home turf since they got promoted (0-0 and a 2-1 loss) - coupled with CL fixture midweek and our injuries, I'd say a draw is potentially a realistic result here.
We rested most of our key players last year as we pretty much had the Scudetto in the bag already. That game was between our Ajax games.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If there's a team that Sarri wants to lose points to is Spal because he reminds him of his early years when he was coaching teams that fought for survival.
Maybe he can restart their season just as he did with Napoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)