[Serie A] Sassuolo 4-2 Juventus [23rd September, 2023 18:00 CEST] (8 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Embarrassing result with amateur level mistakes all around, aside from Chiesa that was genuinely giving everything to get us back in the game there was basically a very poor performance from everyone else involved with Szczesny himself as probably the man of the match for Sassuolo, but ofc along with Gatti too that kind of deserves a similar shout for his own chaotic display…

Nevermind the biased refereeing that may or may not have impacted the game much, excuses are pointless, we just need to get back to basics again, simply can’t lose in such a manner against this mediocre and wasteful Sassuolo side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
to be fair to sassuolo it's hard for any team to play when halaand pinamonti, messi berardi and xavi boloca play againt juve. what chance does poor serie b juve have?
I know, right.

I was discussing this with a Juventus mate this morning at work and with the best will in the world I'm really struggling with supporting the team right now.

I have a monumentally stressful life and going through some personal challenges, Jj should be an escape for me and bring some joy but the last 6 months, the witch hunt, the points penalty, the transfer window, the burnt out players continuing to play at 50 per cent the back end of last season, Nipples scudetto, the pathetic pre season, the lack of effort and desire by the players so far since.

I'm sick of the media narrative surrounding us and I informed The Athletic so when I unsubscribed last week.

I'm sick of the circus of football. I'm sick of the wages and the differential that brings with some players and fans. I'm sick of oil teams getting away with cheating. So my apathy goes beyond Jj too. The fact we had a few months of an 'up', Bonucci dropped, then the sudden downer makes me feel worse, I don't know.

And ultimately that has been felt on tuz beyond myself I feel, which I (despite being a very long term newbie) have frequented pretty much daily since the late noughties.

Many people seem to feel similar and it makes this place miserable, which contributes to making me miserable.

We were spoilt for so many years, we really were, and maybe these feelings would be different if we were a Nipples or a Lazio.

But I've got some serious thinking to do over the coming days regarding associating with Jj and giving up something that has been such a big part of my life, as well as this place which has always been full of so many great fans, debates and a lot of laughs.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don’t know if I’m losing it, but correct me if I wrong. I’m 99% certain that Tek could’ve saved both the third and fourth goal as he had plenty of time to react to pinamoniti’s header and sprint to the goal line to clear Gatti’s pass.
I was disappointed that Tek didnt at least try but to his defense I dont think he could have saved that Gatti goal. He was simply too far.

That being said Woj`s howlers did cost us the game.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I know, right.

I was discussing this with a Juventus mate this morning at work and with the best will in the world I'm really struggling with supporting the team right now.

I have a monumentally stressful life and going through some personal challenges, Jj should be an escape for me and bring some joy but the last 6 months, the witch hunt, the points penalty, the transfer window, the burnt out players continuing to play at 50 per cent the back end of last season, Nipples scudetto, the pathetic pre season, the lack of effort and desire by the players so far since.

I'm sick of the media narrative surrounding us and I informed The Athletic so when I unsubscribed last week.

I'm sick of the circus of football. I'm sick of the wages and the differential that brings with some players and fans. I'm sick of oil teams getting away with cheating. So my apathy goes beyond Jj too. The fact we had a few months of an 'up', Bonucci dropped, then the sudden downer makes me feel worse, I don't know.

And ultimately that has been felt on tuz beyond myself I feel, which I (despite being a very long term newbie) have frequented pretty much daily since the late noughties.

Many people seem to feel similar and it makes this place miserable, which contributes to making me miserable.

We were spoilt for so many years, we really were, and maybe these feelings would be different if we were a Nipples or a Lazio.

But I've got some serious thinking to do over the coming days regarding associating with Jj and giving up something that has been such a big part of my life, as well as this place which has always been full of so many great fans, debates and a lot of laughs.
Sorry to hear things are difficult in your life atm, dude. I definitely felt something similar last year that it all got too much and I had already too much drama irl without all that shit going on. I also know what you mean that the Tuz at times becomes a place where everybody dumps their frustration and it ends up being unhealthy both to participate in or even just to read.

I've decided to take none of the forum seriously and spend my entire time here trying to crack jokes, because this remains the most entertaining part of the Internet for me and I love having a laugh with you guys, and you're all so funny I wanna try and fit in :grin:. Watching the actual Juve games has been more about making sure I'm up to date on the Tuz banter than enjoying the matches lol (though for real jokes aside, when he's on form Dusan does get me excited about watching football like when I was 12 years old. Plus Chiesa obvs)

Why I really fell in love with Juve was learning about the philosophy of hard work, grinta etc-seeing us apply that on the pitch under Conte and how it immediately turned the team back around truly inspired me to apply the same mindset to my own life, and I also saw things change for the better.

Seeing us be disorganised, lazy and unfocused on the pitch is what makes me feel sad and disappointed, personally. It's actually almost kind of offensive because the stuff I identify with Juventus I also identify as parts of my own personality. I feel like I'm out here working my ass off day to day as a juventino and these asshole millionaires aren't. To me it's literally "not just a game" or whatever other cringe cliche lol. Being a juventino for me is about an approach to life that I'm supposed to see reaffirmed by the players every Sunday, but that hasn't been the case for years.

I keep watching though despite this disappointment partly because I really believe the 'fino all fine' stuff maybe too much and am waiting for us to return as a great club but largely because I love hanging out with you guys on here. My man, if you wanna take a break again or leave forever we'd all miss you tremendously, but would also all completely understand. If you do, real talk PM me your WhatsApp so we can stay in touch please

- - - Updated - - -

Or WhatsApp me anyway if you need somebody to talk to about what's going on with you. You've got lots of irl friends I'm sure but I'm good with that stuff if you need a friend

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know, right.

You unsubscribed from The Athletic? Good man. :tup: The New York Times has gone to sh*t. Forget its wokester newsroom. It's become a gigantic cash grab through its The Athletic clickbait and all of its affiliate ad spam with Wirecutter articles. Kill it with fire.

Let me tell you a secret when I joined these forums 20 years and a day ago. I did it to vent, commiserate, and assuage the pain. In 2003 we were coming off a heartbreaking CL failure and entering a fallow period of dubious results and lackluster play.

I didn't come here to gloat, to rub it in interista faces, or to celebrate trophies. Though that was certainly fun and I wouldn't want to have missed out on it later. I switched from lurking to posting because I felt like crap, I was disappointed, I needed to vent, and I needed this community to sludge through it with me. We had just let Zebina score a goal in the 87th minute to cancel a lead from Marco Di Vaio:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/serie-a-juventus-roma.3788/post-235652

Here's the other thing. You cannot be a juventino without the media, the public, etc., always wanting to take a dump on you. That's part of the deal. You cannot escape it. It is integral to our identity and, well, Italian legacy of success.

And I am 100% with you that seeing the Champions League turned into the annual Arabian Petro Cup is dire, aggravating, and despairing. Good thing we don't have to worry about it this season. Which is kind of a relief in some strange way.

Because here's the other thing... you cannot separate the glory of victory from the agony of defeat. You cannot experience the true value of the former without a lot of heartache of the latter. That's just being a fan of sports in general, but it's part and parcel with Juventus. Yes, we have had years where we were really spoiled and treated Serie A as an annoying tournament interfering with our long wait for CL glory. But you don't appreciate that without the crap times.

And if you hit the eject button on the crap times, you're trying to earn one aspect without the necessary other. And then you become the fair-weather Juve fan that half of Italy already hates us for and you prove them right.

p.s.: Sorry about the personal hardships. Sometimes football suffering also teaches a little about life too.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It is beyond me how ya'll old forum folks don't realize you are dealing with redcafe copypasta.

But I do appreciate the kind words anyway :heart: :p

Not like the guy's wrong really. A lot of it is true for me as well.
The 'Juventus mate at work' was the big clue I guess.

A) The amount you post on Tuz theres no way you have a job
B) Nobody in the wild supports Juventus

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
again, we can cherry pick players or staff members to hate or give them a pass, we can discuss whether this or that guy has enough quality to be around, but the bottom line is that it is all about the club. the transition from juventus to jj was gradual and it's been completed for a few years already. i don't think it can get any better anytime soon. just enjoy the few selected moments that remind us of juventus, like the win against lazio, and hope that some competent people will change the collective mentality at the club and bring the appropriate quality, like agnelli, marotta and conte did ~a decade ago.

and it's not against danilo. he's just a symptom among many others. danilo is probably doing his best.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ofc VAR ignores this?
1695624958461.png
He got a yellow, so it wasn't ignored. And still photos and slowmo doesn't show the brevity of the contact. That said, it's within the rights of the ref to call it either way.

And it wouldn't have made a difference. Juve would have found a way to blow it anyway. They sucked wind the whole match and were playing catch-up. What little is left of their pride was spared by Laurienté's target practice on the hot dog vendor in the mezzanine.

Aug 2, 2005
We were spoilt for so many years, we really were
Looking back.. going out to Ajax.. was the turning point.. many will say it was buying CR7 (probably rightly so).. though.. going out to Ajax was "IT"

I no longer have that passion for Juventus (well, football in general..)
Now, it is just a habit, and in most cases, because
I can spare 2 hours a week to watch the games.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)