SERIE A: Sampdoria - Juventus (25 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Don't get confused... there is a Conte also in Samp...
Zizou I cannot see the match and I am following your commentary: nice :)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Zambrotta is my man of the match.

Di Vaio hasn't done a great deal since he's come on, but he's looked dangerous and given the Samp defence problems. Why wasn't he on sooner?!

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Standings:

FT AC Milan 3 - 1 Reggina

FT Empoli 2 - 0 Ancona

FT Lazio 0 - 1 Brescia

FT Perugia 0 - 1 AS Roma

FT Sampdoria 1 - 2 Juventus

FT Siena 4 - 0 Modena

Gino

The Funky Homosapien
Jun 6, 2003
next juventus-siena

siena won 4-0 againts modena so it wont be easy but we are juventus and we must win ciaooo Forza juventus

mate

Aug 28, 2002
He he 3 points :) shame that also Roma and Milan made it...

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Cool mate hope you enjoyed it :D

Primo he had some very good flashes but overall he was probably a 6 out of 10
It's very good cause datasport always disconnets and livescore give just the results and you don't have a proper idea of the match...

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Same Del Piero missed in the second half. He played very good and Im glad to see he's getting back on form. Everytime Di Vaio touched the ball he was freaking offside, at least Trezegol, who did nothing, wasnt offside. Great game for Mauro German Camoranesi, especially in the first half. We dominated the midfield and in the first half we recuperated (is that a word) almost every ball. Nice first half for Appiah. I saw some excellent collective plays involving Nedved, Camoranesi and Del Piero mostly.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #294
    ++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
    Okay, so Iuliano's in for Del Piero. How was the captain's game?

Rate him? 1-10?
    DP had a very good first half but an inconsistent second period where he did some good things, but wasn't near as active as he was in the opening 45 mins. Out of 10 I'd give him 6 or 6.5 :)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #295
    ++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
    Zambrotta is my man of the match.

Di Vaio hasn't done a great deal since he's come on, but he's looked dangerous and given the Samp defence problems. Why wasn't he on sooner?!
    Zambro was pretty good offensively but I thought he sucked when defending. Not one of Zamboy's best games by any stretch of the imagination.

As for Di Vaio, I quite frankly thought that his performance was annoying. Too many friggin offsides!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    It's not always the striker's fault he falls offside. On two occasions, Nedved and Conte gave DV the ball late after he had cut inside very well.

as I said before, Conte was the best player on the field; quantity and quality. I re-saw the Conte of old today.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Tough game. Well done boys. Conte:cool: Paps was everywhere today, I think he felt 21 when he scored his goal. Nedved is the greatest ever.He is a defender, creative M, DM striker all in one. Two assists. Del Piero true fabiana he is getting back. He showed his pace and some sweet skills but how did he miss that open goal. Camo was back to his old self and Appiah played good. Intense midfield battle and Samp are back in Serie A and Im sure to stay for a long while. Buffon made an error for the Samp goal which he wont be pleased about. Also the Samp Conte shouldve got a yellow card just for his face. Zambro was caught out today as Samp had a lot of joy down the right side.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    Yes Di Vaio was offside too often, but at least he was getting in positions and making runs, Trez doesn't pose a threat at all. Well pointed out Zizou that they weren't all DV's fault.

I'd prefer a player who was caught offside every now and then but contributed to the team.

If Trez's performance was based on how many times he wasn't offside - then he was lethal today.

Sadly for him, it's not.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #299
    Buffon - Made a few useful saves but it was his error that led to Flachi's goal. Didn't really have much to do. 5.5

Birindelli - A very honest shift by Biri imo. Well done. 6

Ferrara - Pretty good performance as far as I'm concerned. Our defence looked shaky in the second half but most of the Samp attacks came from the wings so Ciro and Monty weren't to blame. 6

Montero - Same as Ferrara. Made some really nice tackles. 6

Zambrotta - Good going forward, especially in the second half, but not very reliable at the back. 6

Camoranesi - Without a doubt one of our best players. Good running on and off the ball, good dribbling, and a very well taken and deserved goal. Does anybody know why Lippi subbed him? 6.5 or 7

Conte - My man of the match. A super-solid performance in the centre of midfield capped off with a nice goal. 7

Appiah - Not bad, but I've seen crisper passes from Appiah. Ok performance, but there's room for improvement. 6

Nedved - An average first half, but an excellent second. Two great assists, immense workrate and a bit of defending too. 7

Del Piero - Very impressive first half, ok second half. Il capitano showed us that he still has great dribbling skills and very good ball control. Came close with a nice free kick and a low left foot effort, but really should've converted the open net chance that Camo provided for him. 6 or 6.5

Trezeguet - Invisible, anonymous, whatever you want to say. If Trez starts against Siena next Sunday I'll be very surprised. 4.5 or 5.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Tough game for us but we did it in the end...

I think that all the oplayers did a very acceptable job... but with del piero, conte and nedved being the best on the field..

Appiah did better than the lñast time he played and the defense did relatively wll,, just than montero did a lot of fouls but well, without errors.

Like macpiero said,.,, today nedved was in everyplace on the field :dazed:... this guy definitely is the axis of Juventus, forza nedved!!.

Del piero did very good moves, but like last game,, he needed that goaL, He missed some chances thou,, like nedved and trezeguet..

DI vaio did some offsides.. but he looked very dangerous and in 14 minutes he did relatively well... maybe in the 90 minutes he could have scored. He will play alingside miccoli against perugia on thursday for sure..

No one said that this game would be easy, but we succeded in the end.

PD: ah i forgot to mention camoranesi ;)
    Yesterday i said that i would use camo in this match because he looked very fine in the few minutes he played against parma i think.... and in fact i was right ! :thumb:
    Good game for him.. he did good dribbles ,, which is his strong point! and good header goal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)