[Serie A] Sampdoria 0-1 JUVENTUS (August 24, 2013) (1 Viewer)

Sampdoria 0-1 Juventus: Man of the Match

• Pogba

• Vidal

• Barzagli

• Tevez

• Lichtsteiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Really good win for us and I was pleased with the performance. Vucinic sucked balls in the first half and that killed a lot of our attacks but for the most part we were dominant and comfortable. Pogba and Tevez were the difference makers. Everyone else was solid. Wish Conte had given Llorente more time. He needs minutes to get his confidence up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
This is ridiculous. The ref was fine.
No, he was not fine! Samp are a dirty team & he should have stamped on their fouling by giving yellows much sooner (in the first half). By doing so, they might have cleaned up their act and we might have had a better game all round. Also our players might not have been injured. Yes, I know the pitch was very slippy with the deluge soaking the pitch and that could cause injury but as I said; - Samp are a dirty team.

I didn't see any mistakes worth mentioning from Banti though.
As above re booking certain repeat offenders in the first half and he did get in the way of play at least 2/3 times.

:andy2: And he is a moRATti brown noser!

:p :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Decent enough performance from Juve in the circumstances.

Wet conditions meant it was difficult for Juve to slow the tempo down to what they wanted to play at and it was also extremely tough for the forwards to control the skidding balls being fired at them.

Still, they looked solid as a unit - even if there was the odd occasion where individuals looked iffy when drawn into one-on-one situations - and won the game with the only genuinely high-quality bit of play in the game.

Samp did a pretty good job of stopping Juve by trusting their wingbacks to play one-on-one against Juve's, which is something many teams are not willing to do. That meant they were able to keep enough bodies in the middle of the pitch to make it tough for Juve to play through the centre and really test their back three. Admittedly their job was made easier by the wet conditions making it virtually impossible to play balls behind, so it was tough to stretch the game out and create space.

Thought Vidal and Pogba - though they combined excellently for the goal - really didn't do enough for the most part. Neither one of them took the responsibility to drive Juve forward in the way that they usually look to, so a lot of Juve's possession was fairly passive and nothingy.

Was interesting to see Juve try a few things from set-pieces. Curious as to whether they were pre-planned moves or if it was just Pirlo seeing the opportunity with the way Samp set up to defend.

Samp looked like they had no plans to really put Juve under pressure and were quite happy to just contain, keep the score down and start their season next week.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he was not fine! Samp are a dirty team & he should have stamped on their fouling by giving yellows much sooner (in the first half). By doing so, they might have cleaned up their act and we might have had a better game all round. Also our players might not have been injured. Yes, I know the pitch was very slippy with the deluge soaking the pitch and that could cause injury but as I said; - Samp are a dirty team.
At least the ref was consistent.

He should have booked Chiellini and could have booked Vidal in the first half.

I agree he was generally too lenient, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
MOTM poll.. Barzagli, Pogba, Tevez, Lichtsteiner?
Lichtsteiner?

I thought he was fairly indifferent.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you make of Tevez @Red
He was okay.

Tough conditions for strikers to receive the ball in, but he took it in pretty well in general and didn't give the ball away much.

The conditions also made it very difficult for Juve to create space between Samp's defence and midfield, so it was hard for Tevez to get the ball and influence the game in the sort of area he typically likes to play in.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The good about Tevez is that he is an athletic forward, hardworker, and has an above average footie IQ that goes on par with his skills. Because of this traits... the probabilities of him being terribad game in game out are much lower than players like Giovinco for example, who has glimpses of talent but mentality and decition making issues make them not give optimal performances and tend to do more below par ones.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Tonigh, we will leave all the analysis to Conte. Nothing much to say about this game except that we got the 3 points, we started the season off with a win at a stadium which has been very difficult for us in the previous years. Lets focus now on Lazio, it will be a very, very tough game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)