[Serie A] Salernitana 1-2 Juventus [7th January, 2024 18:00 CET] (2 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
I hate joining the referee being biased against us brigade as it’s a waste of energy but it was such an odd showing. Whilst ignoring two obvious penalties, the muppets in the VAR booth and the incompetent southerner on the pitch, he did actually give a second yellow card to the opposition.

The questionable elements are why did he complain to Tek immediately about taking 5 seconds to take a goal kick at the end, yet did not make the same gesture at every goal kick and set piece they took an age over in the second half. Why did he book Rabbit for kicking the ball away, but did not do so for any other instance of the same issue. And how was there only 5 minutes of additional time given in that game?
It’s like he was emotionally upset because we scored a late goal and acted out of turn to what he was doing before.

Whilst not a good performance, they did defend with aggression and discipline in the 5-4-1 and it was tough to create anything. We didn’t help by being so pedestrian with our passing and the lack of courage to play vertical passes when the risk / reward was so much in our favour when they went down to 10.
The Yildiz sub was odd, I’d rather someone actually play forward and take chances, than have someone who has 100% pass completion but offers nothing offensively.

The Dusan header was eerily similar to the way Trezeguet attacked crosses for all those years. Makes sense to practice that with our only chances really coming through crosses and set pieces.

Fino alla fine motherfukcers.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Yes he needs a dermatologist
it’s the roids, chill out.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate joining the referee being biased against us brigade as it’s a waste of energy but it was such an odd showing. Then against whilst ignoring two obvious penalties, the muppets in the VAR booth and the incompetent southerner on the pitch, he did also give a second yellow card to the opposition.

The questionable elements are why did he complain to Tek immediately about taking 5 seconds to take a goal kick at the end, yet did not make the same gesture at every goal kick and set piece they took an age over in the second half. Why did he book Rabbit for kicking the ball away, but did not do so for any other instance of the same issue. And how was there only 5 minutes of additional time given in that game?
It’s like he was emotionally upset because we scored a late goal and acted out of turn to what he was doing before.

Whilst not a good performance, they did defend with aggression and discipline in the 5-4-1 and it was tough to create anything. We didn’t help by being so pedestrian with our passing and the lack of courage to play vertical passes when the risk / reward was so much in our favour when they went down to 10.
The Yildiz sub was odd, I’d rather someone actually play forward and take chances, than have someone who has 100% pass completion but offers nothing offensively.

The Dusan header was eerily similar to the way Trezeguet attacked crosses for all those years. Makes sense to practice that with our only chances really coming through crosses and set pieces.

Fino alla fine motherfukcers.
I also loved the zero added seconds, nevermind minutes, in the first half.

Jun 27, 2011
how shit were we today. But i don’t really care at this point, in a scudetto race you’ll have these games where you miss some important players and where things don’t go your win. This game had dropped points written all over it after our midweek game and Inter’s farce yesterday. +3 is all that matters today and we can care about performance later.
You get it.

These are the points that count in the end. Three points in a brawl game in Salerno, with heavy rain on top of it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The last 9 times Juventus has recorded 43 points at least by the halfway mark of the season they have won the scudetto.

Right now they’re 46 points from 19 matches and halfway through the Serie A season.(@IFTVofficial)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They complained about the ref? He was with them for most of the game and funny they moan about Gattis second yellow as IIRC he completely got the ball on the first time.
One Inzaghi receiving praise while the other cant get a break.
Judging their coaching careers deservedly so.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
You get it.

These are the points that count in the end. Three points in a brawl game in Salerno, with heavy rain on top of it.
I love how you keep stressing "the heavy rain" as if the Salernitani were more acclimatised going into this game than we were.

Seriously dude, you make out as if we've just conquered Anfield. You are aware of who Salernitana are, right? 20th place, 10 man fricking SALERNITANA. I bet you didn't even know who they were 2 years ago. Jesus. Just when you think we cant stoop any lower

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Had to watch this on delay

A few things

Great for Iling to score - I think he has lacked confidence for a while now
Will help him

Nonge is a very confident player, he doesn't look lost out there

HNC looked ok out there from the start

Absolutely delighted that Vlahovic is scoring decisive goals

Miretti has some really nice touches and passes but at times it seems like he is on a different wave length to the rest of the team, especially with his one twos

Yildiz does really well at finding space, he didn't have as decisive a game but at times he was ignored when he dropped into the holes between lines. I can see him playing that central attacking mid role/trequartista

We should've had 2 penalties - the first one on Yildiz even if he looked for it that is a penalty every day of the week and the bump on vlahovic as the ball was coming in

It was always going to be difficult playing them twice in one week. Especially after the battering we gave them.

Very important win to keep breathing down Inter's neck

We won't have Gatti or Mckennie next game against Sassuolo which isn't ideal.

ALSO Maggiore is a cunt

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Had to watch this on delay

A few things

Great for Iling to score - I think he has lacked confidence for a while now
Will help him

Nonge is a very confident player, he doesn't look lost out there

HNC looked ok out there from the start

Absolutely delighted that Vlahovic is scoring decisive goals

Miretti has some really nice touches and passes but at times it seems like he is on a different wave length to the rest of the team, especially with his one twos

Yildiz does really well at finding space, he didn't have as decisive a game but at times he was ignored when he dropped into the holes between lines. I can see him playing that central attacking mid role/trequartista

We should've had 2 penalties - the first one on Yildiz even if he looked for it that is a penalty every day of the week and the bump on vlahovic as the ball was coming in

It was always going to be difficult playing them twice in one week. Especially after the battering we gave them.

Very important win to keep breathing down Inter's neck

We won't have Gatti or Mckennie next game against Sassuolo which isn't ideal.

ALSO Maggiore is a cunt
Yap, He definitely passed his Inter exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)